Forgive ??

sotonian

What did john bailey ever do to me brah? Not saying i don't hate him i just need context.

Did he:

(a) Draw a penis on your Dad's car

(b) Get 2 Saints players sent off in a single game

© Destroy the peace and quiet of a church service with a loud fart

i always wondered who that was! Also why my dad never painted over it and put his mobile number underneath.

:)

I hope he doesn't post on here, Bear. I think he'd be upset to see his offspring making mock of his dating regime.

Did it work?

Difficult.

Basically his actions denied us a proper send off for Ossie - don't think he played again after that game (not at The Dell anyway.

In an age in which cynical behaviour to get other players booked or even sent off (not an easy thing in those days) was rarely seen in England except in European Games and Internationals, he was involved in incidents which I think it was 4 players booked and 2 sent off for us. Obviously poor discipline on our behalf, but it must take something to get so many players to react in that way.

He got his come-uppance though in the return match. We thumped them 5-0 and the abuse he got from all parts of the ground, not only the vocal Lads types but even granny's on the sidelines were giving him ferocious grief led to him being subbed if I remember rightly!! It didn't stop there, years later when he was playing for Everton he got the same treatment much to the bemusement of the Everton fans who didn't have a scooby what it was for!!

You could say he did his time, and at this particular time I wish him all the best in a speedy recovery and no more ill feelings, but forgive, sorry NO.

How could I forgive him for getting my hero Stevie Williams sent off (and Ossie too)? So many opposition players over the years have caused upset but Bailey was the one that sticks in the memory most.

However, the game was what it was and I wouldn't wish serious illness on anyone, so hope he recovers soon.

We gave him stick for many years afterwards, i think he signed for Everton about 5 years after the incident at Ewood Park. The sending offs of Osgood and Williams happened in 1977 in a 3-0 defeat for Saints. As someone pointed out the Everton fans didn't have a clue why we were booing him. John went on to have a wonderfull time at Goodison Park winning a number of trophies in a golden era for the Toffees. I personally wish him a speedy recovery.

I was about 9 years old, on the Archers Road terrace, asking me Dad, "why do we hate Bailey and we hate Bailey". Dad explained. And without challenge or hinderance I heartily joined in.

At every opportunity thereafter.

Irrational hatred. Of a footballer.

Good luck to him now, speedy recovery and all that, but if we ever wonder why there are problems on the planet....

Still once he's back on his feet again, may my children be the first to start, "We hate Bail....."

I can still recall it today, although memories may be a little tainted, finished 2-1 & Bailey won/dived for the winning penalty just before half time, gave Ossie the w-anker sign Ossie stamped on his chest & then dropped Noel Brotherston & walked off before the ref could do anything but flap. Williams had already gone by then, add to that another five bookings & a bad day all round. Although the return was sweet 5-0. So whilst I hope Mr Bailey makes a full recovery I will never forgive him for that infamous afternoon at Blackburn. The stick he received for years afterwards was fully justified.

I hope he makes a recovery.

I'm sure he means something to someone;perhaps he begat another generation of thoroughly detestable curly headed scouse f^ckers in blue le coq sportif hafnia shirts.

Don't easily forgive the c^nt for Blackburn 1977 or being part of Everton 1984 though.

Oh, good to hear Andy Gray has gone 'Cliff Richard' on us and is leading prayer for the day.

I can remember reading an article in a paper complaining about the "stupid" Saints fans who couldn't forgive Bailey "for something that happened years ago" and that was when he was still at Blackburn. The 5-0 return game was sweet and he really did suffer. Didn't he always develop injuries a couple of days before visits to The Dell with Everton and then make a miraculous recovery in time for the next game? I do think we really got to him, but as others have said, much as I despised him as a footballer I wouldn't wish ill health on anyone so good luck to him.

As an aside, someone I lusted after for years ended up marrying a guy called John Bailey. Apart from adding to my dislike of the name he turned out to be a complete **** as well.

As an aside, someone I lusted after for years ended up marrying a guy called John Bailey. Apart from adding to my dislike of the name he turned out to be a complete **** as well.

Haha, as if you would ever admit to the lad being anything other than a complete ****. Did you ever get to demonstrate your lust on her or are you over it now?