Jason Puncheon signs new contract until 2016

trousers

Ah, didn't expect this - so good news. I think in the long-term we will upgrade on Puncheon, but he's been pretty important for us this year and over the next 4 seasons will remain a valuable member of the squad I imagine.

Agreed. His versatility is quite useful.

Outstanding news. I have always believed in Jason and his ability. Unlike the majority I was able to understand what he was going thru and his struggle with his demons and necessity to achieve and prove his football talent. I can only rejoice and celebrate that he's gone out and proved his worst enemies wrong. He can only get better and better

This.

It was beginning to look like we were going to lose Punch, so it''s like a new signing.

He has been a very important team member this season.

He has put in some great performances this season, but I'm still not sure that he is the long-term solution for our right wing. Would be delighted to be proven wrong, just as he has proven me wrong this season so far, but he and Davis are the two players in our first team who I still have reservations about. Definitely deserves his chance with this new contract though.

Never realised till recently that many players wear diapers to deal with calls of nature. Guess he'll also have an "addon" clause to receve red and white striped diapers before each game, :)

You mean Red and White Nappies?

If you're British/English, use English words.

If you're American/Canadian fair enough.

Edited by BlakeySFC

Glad that he seems to be on the straight and narrow. It was so close to all going wrong, and it's nice to see that people take on board "pride before a fall" and sort out their differences. I've been really impressed with him this season and it's a "shame" that the midfield is a little crowded now and he might not start.

I don't think his attitude will change with his new job security. That aspect seemed pretty darned low on his agenda in the past, why would that change now? I totally respect how he changed things around for himself, and I don't believe for a second that he is motivated by stabalizing influences. ;)

I think he will improve even more. :)

Well a year ago I would have been happy if he'd left, but hats off to Puncheon for this amazing turn around. He seems to have suddenly realised he needed to buckle down, changed his attitude & become a very good team player. Good news he's signed a new deal today. Just need a goal or two to celebrate tomorrow please Jason.

He's got the contract. Time to relaaaaaax!

jasonpuncheon_1634165a.jpg

Looks to me that his poor attitude has returned after the comfort of a 3 year deal. Instead of going to the gym to do extra work which would benefit the high press, he's straight on COD. Pochettino should have him train with the kids and loan him to Blackpool or someone for a while.

Ah, didn't expect this - so good news. I think in the long-term we will upgrade on Puncheon, but he's been pretty important for us this year and over the next 4 seasons will remain a valuable member of the squad I imagine.

Even if we do replace him, he's worth a fair bit now so we can make a decent amount of money selling him on.

Looks to me that his poor attitude has returned after the comfort of a 3 year deal. Instead of going to the gym to do extra work which would benefit the high press, he's straight on COD. Pochettino should have him train with the kids and loan him to Blackpool or someone for a while.

Isn't that battlefield 3?

Not only that, he's so lazy and unmotivated he hasn't bothered to take the tag off his new chair. Unacceptable.

I really didn't expect him to be offered a new contract as I thought they had " someone " else up their sleeve for next season.

JP has been almost invisible in some recent games. At the tail end of last year he was playing wide on the right, but now he seems to have dropped deeper and hardly get a touch.