Jason Puncheon signs new contract until 2016

trousers

@SouthamptonFC: Punch: "It's a weight off my mind, so now I can look to the long-term future. The Club has a vision, and that's why I've signed." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Mauricio Pochettino: "It's great news that Jason has agreed to sign a new contract with Southampton. He has been very impressive." #saintsfc

Ok, that has surprised me!

Me too. I have said many times on here I expecting him and the club to part ways in the summer due to what had happened previously.

But fair play to the management and Punch for putting these things behind them, the guy has done his talking on the pitch this season, and certainly shut me up. He has earned this in my opinion.

Who would have thought this a year ago? Who would have wanted it a year ago? It's a triumph of management skills I never saw coming and fair play to Punch he's shown what he can do and that he really is on the bus (the bus stayed when Nigel went didn't it?)

Just shows how much his attitude has changed,a lot of people still thought he was a big time charlie,if that was the case he would of walked at the end of the season hoping a bigger club would come in for him.pleased for him I cant think of a player that has ever shown a bigger U turn in their career ?

Another great signing from the club. Well done punch, fully deserved and a complete 360

Maybe 180? 360 would put you back exactly where you started from :-) Sorry couldn't resist! Good move however, hope he keeps it up now that he is secure?

Good to see one of our top performers this season commit, although a part of me is concerned we could see a return to the Puncheon of the past now his future is secure. Should help boost his transfer value in any case. Good signing even if he does fade from the great run of form he is on right now.

Good to see one of our top performers this season commit, although a part of me is concerned we could see a return to the Puncheon of the past now his future is secure. Should help boost his transfer value in any case. Good signing even if he does fade from the great run of form he is on right now.

As with many posts expressing the concern that he was only playing for a contract ..... I'm tending towards disagreeing with this now. In the past I have been very disappointed in him, but credit due he has knuckled down and turned things around.

He has always wanted to play Prem League and must now realise anything short of his best will see him dropped and I really don't think that's where he wants to be now.

He is thriving on playing with good players against good opposition and sitting on the bench just won't satisfy him anymore in my mind.

He loves being involved and hopefully he'll feel the need to justify the new contract and try even harder to keep his place.

Outstanding news. I have always believed in Jason and his ability. Unlike the majority I was able to understand what he was going thru and his struggle with his demons and necessity to achieve and prove his football talent. I can only rejoice and celebrate that he's gone out and proved his worst enemies wrong. He can only get better and better

And as an 'add-on' clause he will receive six rolls of three-ply soft every Saturday!
Never realised till recently that many players wear diapers to deal with calls of nature. Guess he'll also have an "addon" clause to receve red and white striped diapers before each game, :)