Guly

Glasgow_Saint

In fact why don't we just cut to the chase. Lets have a poll, does Guly cut it in the Prem or not, simple. Would stop the happy clappers screaming "he doesn't need to run" or "racist" every time someone dare criticise him.

i don't go to home games much anymore so you must make alot of booing noises every time Guly is brought on!!! :)

genuinely thought it was half the stadium but vectis has just confirmed me and you are the only Guly boo boys :lol:

"A number of posters". That would be Glasgow Troll Saint and Noodle. Nearly every one else has a balanced view, and can see that sometimes he is poor and sometimes he is good. The fact that Glasgow Troll Saint posted the Fratton Park pics just shows that his opinion is fixed whatever Guly does in the future.

You can't say opinions are 'fixed' just because they offer evidence of the opinion against. If you could offer some evidence for your side of the story in the last 18months I would be mightily surprised. So who is it that has fixed ideas?

FFS in some peoples opinion he f'd up against P'mouth, get over yourselfs, that is so long in the past it is not worth going on about. We have a great win against Liverpool and still people can pick on ONE mistake by Guly and hound him. During the game more mistakes were made, even SRL a one on one with the goalie fore example, good job it wasn't Guly as he would be hung drawn and quatered, yet as it was Rickie that's okay.

Gulys limitations extend way way beyond the Pompey / Liverpool shockers........

He cant tackle so he's no good as a defender

He doesnt run or like to break a sweat so useless in midefield

He's not scored for 16 months so equally useless in attack

+

He cant head the ball as he doesnt like/refuses to jump

Worst of all.............He drinks and he drives!

+

Scotland is welcome to you. Jesus f*cking christ.

+

This really is some excellent trolling (you are at the peak of your game!).....and just because you made me smile, I'll give you a bite for fun.

As I alluded to earlier, are you Glasgow Saint a better judge of Guly's ability/worth as a footballer than NA & MP, both of whom have involved him in PL games this season, despite having other alternatives?

I'm certainly not and happy to admit it.

This really is some excellent trolling (you are at the peak of your game!).....and just because you made me smile, I'll give you a bite for fun.

As I alluded to earlier, are you Glasgow Saint a better judge of Guly's ability/worth as a footballer than NA & MP, both of whom have involved him in PL games this season, despite having other alternatives?

I'm certainly not and happy to admit it.

The "troll" post is too easy Brussels, youre a good poster imho and you dont need to debate Gulys value by using the weak low blow.

In response to the rest of your post........

Guly MUST do something good in training, I honestly struggle to think of many contributions on match day during the past 18 months? Perhaps you can remind me of some specifics?

+

I disagree with some of this... avoiding the obvious trolling points.

He does run and break a sweat - that's one of his strengths and where he fits into our team. He can run and run at players all game. It's why (in NA's words) he got the nod ahead of Lambert for the opening game against Man City. It's why he comes off the bench when we need energy and to keep pressing.

He can tackle, he tracks back and defends very well for a midfielder. He isn't a defender so let's not judge him as one, but you can't say he can't tackle based on the two bad defensive mistakes over an 18-month period that you insist on quoting (you'd have more examples if this really were true, so using an 18-month old one shows you do not).

He can head and he does jump. Again not his strengths so lets not judge him as if they were, but to say he cannot or refuses to do either shows you haven't seen him live much.

Being an attacking player is more than just scoring goals, as I'd hope you know. He hasn't scored in 16-months, that's a fact, but his primary job isn't as a striker and when he is used, it's as a midfielder to help create attacks. Judge him based on that.

The "troll" post is too easy Brussels, youre a good poster imho and you dont need to debate Gulys value by using the weak low blow.

In response to the rest of your post........

Guly MUST do something good in training, I honestly struggle to think of many contributions on match day during the past 18 months? Perhaps you can remind me of some specifics?

You just made me smile GS, so thought it worth a response.

As you ask a reasonable question however, I'll also try to explain my thoughts better.

I think Guly gives the side certain presence when he is in it. He's combative and skilled enough to add value. Correct, he has not had stand out moments, but I believe the game is more complex than that. I also think both NA and MP see something in him and not just in training, or why carry on playing him if during games he is not performing as expected.

My point is that even if I disagreed, I understand I know less about players and the game than NA and MP do and I don't think all of us get that. Fine to vent and give opinion, but to keep pressing the same view makes it look like there is a lack of self awareness concerning our own football knowledge.

You just made me smile GS, so thought it worth a response.

As you ask a reasonable question however, I'll also try to explain my thoughts better.

I think Guly gives the side certain presence when he is in it. He's combative and skilled enough to add value. Correct, he has not had stand out moments, but I believe the game is more complex than that. I also think both NA and MP see something in him and not just in training, or why carry on playing him if during games he is not performing as expected.

My point is that even if I disagreed, I understand I know less about players and the game than NA and MP do and I don't think all of us get that. Fine to vent and give opinion, but to keep pressing the same view makes it look like there is a lack of self awareness concerning our own football knowledge.

Ok i respect your point and will lay off the Guly bashing. I have made my views clear now and agree i dont need to keep preaching the same tired message.

Of course MP and NA know more than me so i will trust there judgement.

I disagree with some of this... avoiding the obvious trolling points.

He does run and break a sweat - that's one of his strengths and where he fits into our team. He can run and run at players all game. It's why (in NA's words) he got the nod ahead of Lambert for the opening game against Man City. It's why he comes off the bench when we need energy and

He can tackle, he tracks back and defends very well for a midfielder. He isn't a defender so let's not judge him as one, but you can't say he can't tackle based on the two bad defensive mistakes over an 18-month period that you insist on quoting (you'd have more examples if this really were true, so using an 18-month old one shows you do not).

He can head and he does jump. Again not his strengths so lets not judge him as if they were, but to say he cannot or refuses to do either shows you haven't seen him live much.

Being an attacking player is more than just scoring goals, as I'd hope you know. He hasn't scored in 16-months, that's a fact, but his primary job isn't as a striker and when he is used, it's as a midfielder to help create attacks. Judge him based on that.

well I tried judging him on 16 months without a goal and still came up with the same result - has to be replaced.... Midfielder and striker or mixture or what ever you like....