Saints charged by FA for failing to control players vs Norwich

patred44

When Clubs (arsenal ,Chelsea etc.) have been charged in the past I don't think it makes any difference whether they appeal or not it usually ends in a 20k-50k fine.

What I would do is ask for a Hearing and prepare a DVD showing all the bad decisions this season, from J-Rod being upended in the first 5 mins of the season; Adam being booked against Swansea when he was tripped in the box; they should include Clattenburg home game against Fulham where he disallows a 2nd goal when we were 1-0 up for NO reason; etc. etc. etc......... They should also point out that Nige said just before he left than we were at least 8-10 penalties short of what we should have been given.

Then point out to the FA we are top of their Fair Play table because we have not questioned the CR*P decisions being given to us this season AND THAT HAS GOT US NOWHERE. They should tell them that the players and FANS have RUN OUT OF PATIENCE with the Refs continuing to give bad decisions against Saints.

As I said it will make no difference and the FA will fine us £20-£50k, but if it might improve the standard of decision making from the Refs in the final few games.

We will probably be docked the amount of points needed to send us down, what with the FAs anti saints agenda.

Oooooo I would like to see that spun on TV!!

For a team that does not have a history for throwing all the toys out of the pram, it will be interesting to see how this ends.

Rodriguez dived in a 6 pointer, Lambert scored vs Norwich after a handball. These come immediately to mind. Don't think we can moan when we get a bad decision as it evens out. Fact is we got a poor decision and Boruc saved the pen. I like that our manager cares enoughigh as referees need telling when they have deliberately affected the game when not 100%. Also that journalist is sh1t.

I've got two separate thoughts on this. Firstly, and most importantly, I hate the constant whinging and barracking of officials. David moyes said uniteds players were right to surround the Turkish ref ... I think that's an outrageous thing for an experienced manager to say. The 'fair play' program is a complete disaster, and until refs and players (and most importantly the media) take responsibility for not condoning it, it will just get worse. Not that death threats to refs isn't about as low as you can get. It's a game FFs. The fact that a ref made a mistake really should be irrelevant.

However, for us to be the first this season to be made an example of? Seriously?? How typical of the fa to bear their teeth against a smaller club than dare to upset a big club or big name. What a joke. Remember them doing wolves for fielding a weakened team? A champions league team has never done that of course ...? The sort of behaviour we were guilty of happens at most matches most weeks. Absolute farce. Our defence in a hearing shouldn't be that the ref was clearly wrong (in his case again), but hours and hours of video footage of united, Chelsea, citeh etc behaving identically at various times this season.

Lastly, someone said our closest 'fair play' challengers were Liverpool. Seriously? With Suarez??? I thought he'd be bottom of the league on his own. What an absolute joke football is at times.

Utterly ridiculous that we're the first team this season to be charged like this.

Of course, us threatening Liverpool's place at the top of the Fair Play league wouldn't have anything at all to do with it eh?

Wouldnt suprise me. Neither would some sort of bizarre Hodgson link (we need the English Liverpool players to get as much practice against European opposition as possible for qualifying matches and Liverpool arent going to earn a Euro spot any other way).

We all know there have been countless occasions this season when players of other clubs have surrounded the ref but finding the video evidence may be a lot more difficult. SFC may need to ask Sky if they can look it all out, at a cost. The appalling decision by the ref who missed Holt having time to do a double somersault in the air before his dive came down to ground level would have provoked a reaction from every saint, including all those in Heaven but provocation is not a good argument, whereas inconsistency by the FA would be a strong defence if it can be demonstrated.

Nice to see a bit of passion. Terrible refereeing decision which could have cost us our Premier League place, crowding was the least Clattenburg deserved.

I wouldn't normally agree with this but I do on this occasion. It was one of the worst decisions I've seen go against Saints and one of the worst you'll see all season. There's no way Shaw brought him down, Grant Holt must have laughed his head off at that being given, you could see he was expecting to be booked for diving. We're too nice as a team and frankly I'd like to see SMS being a bearpit for refs and opposition players in the remaining home games. £50k fine is well worth it IMO.

The way I see it, thinking of both the ManU incident and ours against Norwich, if both were reversed, we would of been screaming for a penalty, and Fergies lot would be demanding the player sent off, should get an extended ban for dangerous play. That my friends is football. I do agree that Clattenburg is toss, but the PL love him.

I've got two separate thoughts on this. Firstly, and most importantly, I hate the constant whinging and barracking of officials. David moyes said uniteds players were right to surround the Turkish ref ... I think that's an outrageous thing for an experienced manager to say. The 'fair play' program is a complete disaster, and until refs and players (and most importantly the media) take responsibility for not condoning it, it will just get worse. Not that death threats to refs isn't about as low as you can get. It's a game FFs. The fact that a ref made a mistake really should be irrelevant.

However, for us to be the first this season to be made an example of? Seriously?? How typical of the fa to bear their teeth against a smaller club than dare to upset a big club or big name. What a joke. Remember them doing wolves for fielding a weakened team? A champions league team has never done that of course ...? The sort of behaviour we were guilty of happens at most matches most weeks. Absolute farce. Our defence in a hearing shouldn't be that the ref was clearly wrong (in his case again), but hours and hours of video footage of united, Chelsea, citeh etc behaving identically at various times this season.

Lastly, someone said our closest 'fair play' challengers were Liverpool. Seriously? With Suarez??? I thought he'd be bottom of the league on his own. What an absolute joke football is at times.

The voice of reason, well put.

£20k is a bit of a slap on the wrist, but its the headlines that will annoy the club more than the money. Chewy is dead right, they needed a smaller club to take one for the league, the FA wouldn't dare take manure or chelski to task for the same offence.

Chelsea, Sunderland, Newcastle and Liverpool have all been fined £20k for the same reason in the last 2 years, no big deal really. Although Saints' players and management shouldn't have done what they did, they were actually quite restrained and were hardly right up in Clattenburg's face shouting at him.

Watching the Sunderland Vs Norwich game on the stream and saw that the Norwich players surrounded the ref and linesman after Sunderlands penalty was awarded, exactly the same situation as Saints against Norwich, hope they hit Norwich with exactly the same level of fine as we got for failing to control there players, Karma is a wonderful thing isn't it Norwich!!!!

Watching the Sunderland Vs Norwich game on the stream and saw that the Norwich players surrounded the ref and linesman after Sunderlands penalty was awarded, exactly the same situation as Saints against Norwich, hope they hit Norwich with exactly the same level of fine as we got for failing to control there players, Karma is a wonderful thing isn't it Norwich!!!!

Would have preferred he was on our side last week and Norwichs this week rather than the other way round. Didn't see that sack of sh1t Holt on the telly when I was watching it. Would have loved to see his grizzling.