Saints charged by FA for failing to control players vs Norwich

patred44

Its not like Mo speaks English anyway.if anything Perez on the sidelines will probably be better for the players as at least he is fluent,so a touchline ban will be no biggie

However if any of our players get banned it will be bad.

I bet the Man U players do not get reprimanded for there " ref-mobbing" at OT the other night

I'm not liking our penchant for arguong and crowding the ref. Would not ha e happened under nige.

I think we did do it under Nige, at least a little.

This is going to be one of the things we'll miss about NA... the approach and attitude he had reflected upon the team...

Most of our team got a 6 whilst some of Norwich's got a 7? I don't think he watched the game, lol. I'm not massive on media bias but I do get annoyed at media stupidity.

Giving Boruc a 9, however important his penalty save was, is ridiculous! He barely had anything to do all afternoon...

Writer of the article seems to be trying to sh!t stir talking about that penalty. It was a ridiculous decision, Shaw barely touched him. Holt dives like that every single week.

Giving Boruc a 9, however important his penalty save was, is ridiculous! He barely had anything to do all afternoon...

Writer of the article seems to be trying to sh!t stir talking about that penalty. It was a ridiculous decision, Shaw barely touched him. Holt dives like that every single week.

Yup, he's a complete flat track bully and you're right, he does do it every week, intentionally. Call it gamesmanship, whatever, but he does do it and it almost came off for Norwich.

And yes, the article was also poor. It did appear that he was stirring it up.. wasn't particularly impressed with his condescending tone, either. I wonder if he's worked for the Portsmouth News before?

Usual crap from a red top journo. Apart from Fox not playing, three defenders of our back line made team of the week on MOTD. So much for the journo's scoring of our players. And as already rightly commented, will this journo be pressing for Man Utd players to be punished by the FA too? A stupid question. Of course not. Prat.

How about the FA actually look into the performance of the referee for once, rather than just having a go at players and coaches for "mobbing the referee"; if it's a fair decision, then fine, but really I don't think many of them were. Really haven't enjoyed playing with Clattenburg this year.

How about the FA actually look into the performance of the referee for once, rather than just having a go at players and coaches for "mobbing the referee"; if it's a fair decision, then fine, but really I don't think many of them were. Really haven't enjoyed playing with Clattenburg this year.

He's been a noticeable joke all season! Then again almost every ref in the prem has come under the title of **** poor recently. No standards, no professionalism and a lot of "oh it'll even out on wrong decisions".

Fa need to introduce a video review system and drive up the standards of officiating so these situations have no reason to happen in the first place

I think we did do it under Nige, at least a little.

This is going to be one of the things we'll miss about NA... the approach and attitude he had reflected upon the team...

Yes we did, its nothing new......well the manager storming on bit is :)

Christ alive, previously people were moaning that under Nige we were too nice.

Now we are too aggressive.

Make your sodding minds up.

We would think nothing of it if it were another club. Probably be too busy lol'ing at the dive itself.

The whole incident was bizarre from start to finish, and absolutely made for Clattenburg who is the most egotistical and melodramatic referee in the English game.

Firstly, Holt grabs at Shaw to get ahead of him. Then as the ball goes sailing over their heads he makes sure he is in front of him and then slams on the brakes with the ball well out of reach, feels contact and then star jumps to the ground. The Lino doesn't give a thing and just waits for the ball to go out of play.

Clearly Clattenburg wasn't satisfied with this lack of drama so from a position of half a pitch away decides to give a foul which shocks the entire ground and once the focus is on him he proceeds to stride to the edge of the box like a big gay hair-transplanted **** and inspect the crater Holt left outside the box before pointing to the spot with the verve and drama that Louis Spence would be proud of.

Quite rightly Saints went mad and I would do the same. You can't respect Referee's when they behave like this. The Saints reaction then drives Clattenburg to doubt himself so he goes to speak with the Lino who showed no interest in any foul when he was 10 yards away from it. So Clattenburg then decides to consult him, and by consult him I mean tell him what he is going to do and it doesn't matter what the Lino saw or thought.

Foy was stood down the week after his 'performance' in the Newcastle game. Clattenburg needs the same treatment next week - he needs to remember the game isn't about him at all.

Yer and they had Fox playing and no Cork...strange report.

that's probably because the journo'.. (who wrote the article).... didn't go to the game, but probably watched the same streamed thread that I did.

They had Fox in the start line-up.. but got it wrong ..even Sky had the correct start eleven on their website.

The whole incident was bizarre from start to finish, and absolutely made for Clattenburg who is the most egotistical and melodramatic referee in the English game.

Firstly, Holt grabs at Shaw to get ahead of him. Then as the ball goes sailing over their heads he makes sure he is in front of him and then slams on the brakes with the ball well out of reach, feels contact and then star jumps to the ground. The Lino doesn't give a thing and just waits for the ball to go out of play.

Clearly Clattenburg wasn't satisfied with this lack of drama so from a position of half a pitch away decides to give a foul which shocks the entire ground and once the focus is on him he proceeds to stride to the edge of the box like a big gay hair-transplanted **** and inspect the crater Holt left outside the box before pointing to the spot with the verve and drama that Louis Spence would be proud of.

Quite rightly Saints went mad and I would do the same. You can't respect Referee's when they behave like this. The Saints reaction then drives Clattenburg to doubt himself so he goes to speak with the Lino who showed no interest in any foul when he was 10 yards away from it. So Clattenburg then decides to consult him, and by consult him I mean tell him what he is going to do and it doesn't matter what the Lino saw or thought.

Foy was stood down the week after his 'performance' in the Newcastle game. Clattenburg needs the same treatment next week - he needs to remember the game isn't about him at all.

I just want to say that this is the most accurate summing up of the ludicrous penalty situation that I have yet read, agree with it all. Holt fouls Shaw as ball sails by, then stops dead in the penalty area to create a collision Shaw can't avoid and then duck dives and tbh comes up looking embarrassed and clearly expects nothing. Lino sees all this and properly ignores it and game proceeds, except that some prat of a referee decides to up his profile on MOTD and amaze the entire stadium by giving a penalty in the 92nd minute of a 0-0 vital relegation match. You couldn't make sh*te like that up!

Thank God for Boruc ...

It may or may not be true that Holt dived. I still don't like to see our players or our manager mobbing the referee, even if the referee is an idiot. Apart from looking awful, has such mobbing ever made a ref change his mind?

Yer and they had Fox playing and no Cork...strange report.

That was based on the early (wrong) Press information - the BBC had that as the starting line up at 2:55pm online, confused the hell out of me trying to work out who was playing alongside Schneiderlin with 3 CBs and 4 left sided players including 2 left backs...

It may or may not be true that Holt dived. I still don't like to see our players or our manager mobbing the referee, even if the referee is an idiot. Apart from looking awful, has such mobbing ever made a ref change his mind?

Yes, at Anfield in the mid 90s, ref pointed for a pen then after some arguing pointed for a corner instead. Long before ref-mics and definitely no consultation with the linesman. I think Liverpool were at home to some randomers in Europe, might even have been Roma.

Anyway, it has happened, but no, we shouldn't do it. Guly should have been sent off for shoving the ref in the aftermath to be honest. But it was also a pretty crappy decision.

The one that annoyed me the most was booking Lallana for protesting after the b*llocks handball decision in the first half - whatever happened to the captain being allowed to talk to the ref about decisions?

Depends what he says really, doesn't it ?

Will Clattenberg be pulled up on the foul by Holt on Shaw in the build up to the peno incident? Unlikely ey but if the push in the box is worth a penalty then why was the push on Shaw not worthy of a free kick because it was outside the box then Mark? Although we shouldn't have crowded around the ref like that Rio Ferdinand recently got away with sarcastically clapping in the refs face so I can't see that our players reacting in an upset manner should be punished either based on that!

The one that annoyed me the most was booking Lallana for protesting after the b*llocks handball decision in the first half - whatever happened to the captain being allowed to talk to the ref about decisions?

That was a weird one. Lino on our side (who was awful!) has a perfect view but gives nothing but Clattenburg who's behind it and probably obscured gives the free kick...

Strange that Ferdinand didn't get charged for his ironic clapping in the face of the Ref for the CL game last week.

Still, that doesn't excuse our behaviour as long as it's consistent across the board.

Whether UEFA or the FA it will always be one rule for Manchester United size clubs and one rule for the rest. Sad but true.

Utter crap by the FA. Its the poor refereeing that needs looking at, and things must be taken in context. To have a p poor decision against us in injury time, by a tub of lard supposedly being thrown to the ground by someone half his size, regardless of the fact that he was going away from goal, and out of the penalty area. How would most people react to such anb injustice?

Maybe it would be better to charge Clattenburg with being a crap ref instead, absolute rubbish, all the players at the supposed big clubs hassle the red all the time on decisions that don't go there way and and managers too just look at Fergie and nothing happens, they all must hate us just like the BBC do

It's about time we showed a bit of passion, to me it was an obvious reaction. Luckily justice was done but it was a shocking decision to accept when we're down the bottom fighting for our lives. As for the FA, we all know what they're like with regards to treatment of the top sides, let's just forget it and move on

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2