Good posters that don't bother any more and you can see why!

Turkish

It's prats like you that are turning folk off this forum. But you already know that.

100% correct. Him and his pitiful little band of sneerers. Ironic that two of the worst appear in the first four posts.

Yet again, a few p.o.s. screw it up for the many.

By definition an internet fans forum should be a place where fans can express any opinion they like. Ideally, even fans with the most divergent opinions could respect each other's view and respond in a considered manner thus generating meaningful debate. Unfortunately, this forum seems to be a place where so many of the threads are now initiated with the sole purpose of provoking a reaction under the guise of the sacred "free speech" mantra.

It's almost paradoxical that the forum posters who engage in this sort of behaviour are in fact the ones that have stymied the insightful views of others who are either too tired to read and respond to many of the threads that turn into thinly veiled, agenda driven, point-scoring nonsense (or were started for that purpose in the first place) or have simply given up on the forum altogether.

I appreciate the mods are in an extremely difficult position because such posts are now so frequent that it would mean closing nearly every thread.

A suggestion may be to limit members' posts to 3 or 5 per day. Perhaps there could be a function where if your post is recommended by 5 people you "gain" an extra post? Obviously, this is a fairly draconian step, but it is the only way I can see to encourage considered responses. In my experience, most of the more enjoyable posts to read are from those that don't post with a greater frequency than that in any event.

Just out of interest, do the forums of other clubs experience similar problems? I occasionally visit an opposition forum to gauge their reaction to our performance and I must say I haven't noticed such hostility or continual provocation.

Just out of interest, do the forums of other clubs experience similar problems? I occasionally visit an opposition forum to gauge their reaction to our performance and I must say I haven't noticed such hostility or continual provocation.

I spend quite a bit of time reading other teams' forums, and I've never seen the kind of everyday nasty junk that - by virtue of just a few posters - contaminates this one.

I totally agree that this forum is seriously ****ed up. Used to be fun that you could post anything you wanted without getting insulted.

If only they would ban a handful of users who have become obsessed on here and are more interested in adding to their post counts.

Ps reset the post counts to zero.

Turkish seems one of the witty ones on here if not a little obsessed with spats that have history i am blissfully unaware of.

This does seem a hostile forum considering we all support the same club though. The internet is making everyone angrier IMO

I totally agree that this forum is seriously ****ed up. Used to be fun that you could post anything you wanted without getting insulted.

If only they would ban a handful of users who have become obsessed on here and are more interested in adding to their post counts.

Ps reset the post counts to zero.

You can still post "anything you want" but I think the rest of us are allowed to reserve the right to dismiss you as a faux-insider bullsh itter.

Joking aside, the people who are being alluded to on here as "troublemakers" are well within their rights to question the drivel on here. Problem is, if they do its "point scoring" or "bullying" and so forth. What is overlooked often is why they are questioning it...

Joking aside, the people who are being alluded to on here as "troublemakers" are well within their rights to question the drivel on here. Problem is, if they do its "point scoring" or "bullying" and so forth. What is overlooked often is why they are questioning it...

And then there are the blatant trolls...

The forum is crap now because of them.

Yeah but the thing is the WAY they do it.

It's an innernet version of Up close into your face and jabbing a finger into your shoulder - ALL night long.

The way a bore or an immature plank with a small penis would often do in a pub.

IF you are in the Pub and with "mates" or fellow Saints fans and someone mentions something that sounds daft you tend to say that seems a load of krap to me and then change the subject.

What you NEVER do is to go On and On and On and On and On about the same point ALL night long.

Yeah we got it first time.

You can still post "anything you want" but I think the rest of us are allowed to reserve the right to dismiss you as a faux-insider bullsh itter.

This is exactly what so many reasonable posters dislike about this board now with so many contributors like you ruining it. ( and yes I do realise you have posted simply to provoke a reaction as normal).

People should be allowed to express their view without you your like showing them no respect whatsoever. Of course you can disagree (that's what debate is about) but you just revert to name calling and playground bullying.

A classic thread is the new stadium thread. You may not agree with MLG (a lot don't) but the way he was verbally attacked by the pack of hounds on here was completely over the top.

It makes people like me and many many other posters reluctant to post.

The usual response is "put me on ignore". Why should we? Why don't you and Turkish and the others show a little more respect and a little less, as Dubai Phil has said, small man syndrome.

The easiest solution - just ban the half dozen or so ruining it for everyone else!!

Anyway - cant wait for the usual suspects to rip my post to shreds!!

Incidentally - where are the mods?

Why has this been moved to the muppet show?

This should remain on the main board. This is highlighting the single biggest problem with this board and should be left for us users to discuss how to improve the sorry state this board is in now.

Instead it's moved out the way and the problem is being brushed under the carpet again as you won't get the majority of posters reading it.

This is exactly what so many reasonable posters dislike about this board now with so many contributors like you ruining it. ( and yes I do realise you have posted simply to provoke a reaction as normal).

People should be allowed to express their view without you your like showing them no respect whatsoever. Of course you can disagree (that's what debate is about) but you just revert to name calling and playground bullying.

A classic thread is the new stadium thread. You may not agree with MLG (a lot don't) but the way he was verbally attacked by the pack of hounds on here was completely over the top.

It makes people like me and many many other posters reluctant to post.

The usual response is "put me on ignore". Why should we? Why don't you and Turkish and the others show a little more respect and a little less, as Dubai Phil has said, small man syndrome.

The easiest solution - just ban the half dozen or so ruining it for everyone else!!

Anyway - cant wait for the usual suspects to rip my post to shreds!!

Incidentally - where are the mods?

Agree. Free opinions are great BUT

the small group who

exaggerate their moans for attention

Deliberately state a poster has stated something they haven't to try to point score

Swamp threads with repetitive moans

Stating obvious, eg someone makes positive remark about how we played will be followed by - only points count, league table doesn't lie (strangely I have seen same poster use opposite to moan - we win but performance not good enough!

Mainly, just incredibly dull posters who make this forum less interesting and fun - in my opinion.

Earlier post summed it up, lack of respect for others.

off to the muppet show where you belong...

Whaaaaat? Muppet Show? WTF has this got to do with us muppets? I can see the tits but where are the Lols?

I just read all of this waiting for it to turn stupid and wondering why everyone was being so fecking serious and the find out it is cause it was flushed!

Nightshifter - Delldays wasn't even a poster on here, he was all moaning on the mainly bored or talking about subs and war in the lounge. Can we not move his tribute back to one of them? If not, this thread is going to get muppet showed up.

You have 30 minutes to comply.

Yes because this won't turn into tit for tat bickering...not really Saints related either is it?

It's forum related, and the main board is the one that gets most views. If the mods can't see/don't want to see that there are a bunch of idiots destroying every thread on here then fair enough....

It's prats like you that are turning folk off this forum. But you already know that.

You arent even a full member so your opinion means f*ck all. I met someone like when we took a load of customers to Ascot last year. Happy to fill his fat gut with free food and booze, even placing free bets, then whinged that the table he was put on wasn't good enough and the box was too far from the finishing line for him to see who won without looking on the telly. Your selfish, arrogant and whinging attitude is what is ruining not only this forum but this country.

You arent even a full member so your opinion means f*ck all. I met someone like when we took a load of customers to Ascot last year. Happy to fill his fat gut with free food and booze, even placing free bets, then whinged that the table he was put on wasn't good enough and the box was too far from the finishing line for him to see who won without looking on the telly. Your selfish, arrogant and whinging attitude is what is ruining not only this forum but this country.

Such a pleasant attitude to the value of an opinion by another person who has taken the time to log onto this site and express an opinion.

A trait shared by another poster today who accused someone who did not agree with him that he was a moron.

I'm sure the four or five expert opinion holders on here will enjoy themselves when this place becomes the same size as TUI

A good deal of my time on here was spent responding to genuine trolling.

The new intake of trolls are pretty disappointing, tbh.

Even classic trolls like CB Fry have done 'emselves up by banging the Stoke drum.

Re: new intake.

At the point where it goes beyond the "ooh, I've had a thought in my head. I must start a thread!", I may get involved.

According to TDD over on the UI, it's the likes of Barry Sanchez and 110 that have ruined this site :)

Such a pleasant attitude to the value of an opinion by another person who has taken the time to log onto this site and express an opinion.

A trait shared by another poster today who accused someone who did not agree with him that he was a moron.

I'm sure the four or five expert opinion holders on here will enjoy themselves when this place becomes the same size as TUI

I agree, it's disgusting that he called me a prat after i'd gone to the effort to start a thread remisinsing about our sadly departed good posters. Such a haughty attitude not welcome on this forum.

Stamping your feet and Attention seeking again then, eh?

Agree. Free opinions are great BUT

the small group who

exaggerate their moans for attention

Deliberately state a poster has stated something they haven't to try to point score

Swamp threads with repetitive moans

Stating obvious, eg someone makes positive remark about how we played will be followed by - only points count, league table doesn't lie (strangely I have seen same poster use opposite to moan - we win but performance not good enough!

Mainly, just incredibly dull posters who make this forum less interesting and fun - in my opinion.

Earlier post summed it up, lack of respect for others.

I agree. And add to the list those that come up with all sorts of random stats to try and prove something isn't what it is. They are the dullest by a country mile

According to TDD over on the UI, it's the likes of Barry Sanchez and 110 that have ruined this site :)

i went over to investigate bout this and found he is also naming tokyos! Also a couple of other posters whose names i don't remember but it mostly seemed to be tokyos!

you arent even a full member so your opinion means f*ck all. I met someone like when we took a load of customers to ascot last year. Happy to fill his fat gut with free food and booze, even placing free bets, then whinged that the table he was put on wasn't good enough and the box was too far from the finishing line for him to see who won without looking on the telly. Your selfish, arrogant and whinging attitude is what is ruining not only this forum but this country.

qed

Can someone post a link to these ugly f*ckers moaning about stuff please. Obviously no one is moaning about me as I saved tits in the muppet show and should pretty much be knighted for this but I want to see their general moans. The site is all spammed up by dune and delldays posting krap. It is just like this site in 'the good old days'.

it ain't hard to find tokyos most of the threads on ugly is bout discussing what is happening over here. I like to think of it as Saintsweb's Fan Forum.

In other news today so far I've already had two vvanks, I've also been down shop to buy paper & snacks. I've also read paper + ate snacks. I'm a bit tired now, i think i might have a little nap after I've caught up with my other business on here.

If I'm not too busy laters I might see my boss bout getting a pay rise.

Ben Goddards! He doesn't post on here any more. Apparently as his band got more famous, he started getting more fans. One very keen fan called Brian from Birmingham started to stalk him and doing stuff like sending him locks of his hair and 'used' tissues. Goddards decided this was too much and decided now he was big time, he was going to start supporting Chelsea.

Has Dell Days left then?

Why wasn't I invited to the leaving party?

It was great, we hired out the UI for the night. We all shared a great anecdotes of threads gone by, relived a few golden posts and talked about the other great posters that dont bother anymore and you can see why. We had Tony Lynham, a celebrity poster from when this forum was good as a guest poster, Nick Illingsworth was doing impressions of Steve Grant and Baj, at one point there must have been at least 8 people posting at the same time. It's tribute to the man that so many people made the effort. I hope he enjoyed his send off.

i went over to investigate bout this and found he is also naming tokyos! Also a couple of other posters whose names i don't remember but it mostly seemed to be tokyos!

Can you post a link please?

Their site is sh!te if you actually want to find anything.