Ramirez to Arsenal?

UpweySaint

The sad reality of the Ramirez situation is that with the £12m we could have bought a few of the below :(

Ramirez 12m

Michu 2m

Demba Ba 6m

Benteke 7m

Arouna Koné 3m

The list goes on.......

Established premiership side Newcatle with their 50k attedances couldn't keep Demba Ba, but he'd jump ship for newly promoted Saints. What a mug you are.

Ramirez lasting his usual length I see, the clappers defend that?

Excellent 50 minutes, but MP sacrificed his talent to solidify the middle. Great decision by the manager.

Edited by Chez

The sad reality of the Ramirez situation is that with the £12m we could have bought a few of the below :(

Ramirez 12m

Michu 2m

Demba Ba 6m

Benteke 7m

Arouna Koné 3m

The list goes on.......

Gaston will be better than all of them next season for us.

I think that's an object lesson in missing the point. I highlighted Schneiderlin as you classified him as a worker who was needed to complement the forwards and flair players, yet that same worker has scored more in the league than the flair player.

did you ****. You highlighted Morgan because you tried to suggest both players didn't score goals or create chances but you forgot that Morgan had scored goals this season. If you were trying to suggest a worker had scored more you would have said so at the time.

And 3 league goals is IMO at least a poor return for a number 10; a lot of his job is to score and create goals, which he largely failed to do as much as hoped for.

If you must talk absolute ******** then get your facts right, Four league goals. Not a huge difference, but accurate unlike yourself.

That doesn't make theirs, or ours, any less of a low return on expectation. there have also been clubs who have spent big and have got the returns expected; such as Cazorla (£16.5M and a superb return), and I really rate Dembele at Spurs, plus Lloris and Vertonghen as mentioned.

Laughable to think that Dembele woud have left Fulham to join newly promoted Saints or Lloris leaving Llyon for Southampton. Suggestions like these make you look like foolish.

Ramirez set up Morgan for first goal by the way. Love it.

Happy clappers get to clap.

Edited by Chez

did you ****. You highlighted Morgan because you tried to suggest both players didn't score goals or create chances but you forgot that Morgan had scored goals this season. If you were trying to suggest a worker had scored more you would have said so at the time.

Dear me. Are you that much of a plank that you have to try and distort my actual opinion? Of course I was pointing out that a so called "worker" has scored more than Ramirez. The reason this is quite clear is that you mentioned both Cork and Morgan as workers, yet i only highlighted Morgan. Because its quite impossible to forget that he has scored a few goals this season. Sorry if it makes you appear a bit daft, but that was clearly the point being made

If you must talk absolute ******** then get your facts right, Four league goals. Not a huge difference, but accurate unlike yourself.

One this one I will admit culpability; it's what happens when you rely on wiki for stats. Nonetheless the point still stands; worker bee Morgan has scored as many league goals this season as flair player Gaston.

Laughable to think that Dembele woud have left Fulham to join newly promoted Saints or Lloris leaving Llyon for Southampton. Suggestions like these make you look like foolish.

And once again a silly statement, that someone else came out with. Of course we wouldn't have signed Dembele. Or Lloris. I've already said this. But don't let that stop your angry rant. They were simply used as examples of signings made for similar money that we paid out for Gaston, and how such areas of the pitch were IMO more in need of work. Never mind, I'll remember instead that I should just pick a player who didn't get signed for someone else, as that's clearly more relevant.

Ramirez set up Morgan for first goal by the way. Love it.

Happy clappers get to clap.

Indeed. I love it too, as I always do when Saints players do well. So pretty much all Saints fans get to clap, really. Happy days.

Edited by The Kraken

But don't let that stop your angry rant.

there's no anger on this side of the keyboard. I just don't agree with your opinion at all that we shouldn't have signed Ramirez last summer.

I think he is exactly the sort of player we needed to to sign. We offloaded decent but `basic' players like Sharp and brought in a player that can beat a man on his own at the top level. He doesn't rely on others to lay things on a plate he creates things. You need that sort to win games at the top level.

I also believe we strengthened throughout the side (2 keepers, 2 defenders, 2 midfieders, 2 attackers), so the idea that we shoukd have spent the money on other areas doesn't wash. We did spend money in the other areas.

Gaston was very good first half. End of
Sorry BS but its not for you to say 'end of'. The thread will stop only when opinions dry up or it's closed by the Mods. Gaston was good, not just in the first half but for the 56 minutes he was on the pitch. Subbing him for Davis was no discredit to Ramirez, just a very good decidion by the manager to consolidate in midfield at 2-1 up with 30 minutes to go and the choice of who to take off was limited. Ramizez is clearly one of MP's preferred starting 11 and deservedly so.

there's no anger on this side of the keyboard. I just don't agree with your opinion at all that we shouldn't have signed Ramirez last summer.

Which of course is entirely fine, and I respect your opinion while of course disagreeing with it; I am just of the opposite opinion. Next season, then absolutely I could see the logic, just this season it was a needless risk IMO in so much that we didn't spend similar sums on areas of the pitch I deemed more in need of strengthening.

I think he is exactly the sort of player we needed to to sign. We offloaded decent but `basic' players like Sharp and brought in a player that can beat a man on his own at the top level. He doesn't rely on others to lay things on a plate he creates things. You need that sort to win games at the top level.

And as I said earlier, Lallana was being primed in pre-season for the number 10 role, which IMO plays to his strengths much more than playing hm out wide.

I also believe we strengthened throughout the side (2 keepers, 2 defenders, 2 midfieders, 2 attackers), so the idea that we shoukd have spent the money on other areas doesn't wash. We did spend money in the other areas.

We didn't spend anywhere near as much money in other areas as we did on Gaston (or on Rodriguez, for that matter). It took us significantly into September before realising we had a problem with our goalkeepers, and then we had to sign a keeper who was plainly not fit and not ready for first team football at that time. We went after Astori but got scared off by his £12M price tag. Yoshida was a bit of a gamble, and while I think he's done pretty well this season I'm not sure if I see him (or Jose and Jos) as of good enough quality for a top ten Premier League side, which is where we obviously will be looking to progress to.

If we stay up this season (looking ever more likely) then it'll be very interesting to see what our summer transfer priorities will be. I still think an imperious CB is very much a requirement, and the goalkeeping scenario is an interesting one. I hope Boruc stays with us, but we'll have to see I guess.

Southampton-v-Liverpool-Gaston-Ramirez-Jose-E_2916119.jpg

Cos I noticed some players wear wristbands with their country on (Cisse has a Senegal one)

I bought these:

$(KGrHqN,!i0F!iDyOY-bBQTVDbsvgQ~~60_35.JPG

Popped them in a Jiffy - Gaston Ramirez c/o Southampton FC

and he was wearing one!

Now that's pretty cool. Nice effort!

Agree. Lovely ball for JR to head down to Morgan, kept the ball well and glided past Gerrard on a number of occassions.

Subbing was right tactical call but no reflection on performance.

I will state the obvious, if he was that good he would of stayed on, Davis came on for a reason, to defend the lead, that sort of tells its own story when there is 35 mins left in a game, if he was being that creative and effective he would of stayed on, he didn't.

I have been critical of him so far this season, in particular his poor delivery from set-pieces which has been a massive weak-point, but I thought he had his best game in a Saints shirt yesterday. And the fact that he was subbed on 56 minutes is no reflection on his ability or his stamina - it was a purely tactical decision from the manager, in response to Liverpool bringing on Lucas, to shore up the midfield and prevent Liverpool gaining a foothold in the game... and it worked.

What saying its impressionable and childish is not an insult merely an observation.

So sorry if someone is offended as it was not intended.

So IF someone said that you were a pathetic w*nker with small man syndrome (without knowing you, obviously) that would be opinion rather than insult?

Been saying for a while he would link up better with J-rod than Lambert,no discredit to Rickie as his style suits us well but Gaston looks to be a more direct player,and I think that showed when he played a few quality balls through to J-rod,those type of balls would not be played to Lambert as he doesn't really look to be on the last man

The tactical switch SRL and J -rod were doing yesterday was a bit of tactical genius by MP imo

He is pure class,tacticaly substituted when ahead.I would buy a season ticket every year to watch a player with his ability.He was involved in most attacks and has a telepathic understanding with Jrod.He is so comfortable on the ball,sometimes he gets caught,but draws out opposing defences to create openings for others.On several occasions yesterday he breezed past defenders as if they were not there,its been awhile since weve had a player capable of doing that.......plus he's only going to get better!

Thought he was excellent yesterday, seem very comfortable cutting in from the right.

I see the usual are still peddling their same old baseless boring moans, despite an excellent performance from all involved yesterday including Gaston. Sorry but there are simply no negatives to be heard today, so if you can't give credit to Gaston after yesterday, then it's best you just don't say anything at all.