David Connolly scores the winner..........

scotty

....for the skates.

:facepalm:

Judas.

Playing for the Skates does not make him a Judas (otherwise Channon, Big Ron and Bobby Stokes would be Judas' as well). He was released by Saints, so he didn't owe us anything. Hoddle was and always will be a Judas because he stabbed us in the back, very different matter.

Good for DC, decent bloke who was never properly appreciated at Saints for what he did for us, and who clearly just wants to carry on playing the game. Doesn't seem to be able to stop scoring in L1, must stick in the throats of some of our fishy friends as they see ex-Saint scoring their winner week-in, week-out and dragging them back to near safety (impending points deduction notwithstanding).

Playing for the Skates does not make him a Judas (otherwise Channon, Big Ron and Bobby Stokes would be Judas' as well). He was released by Saints, so he didn't owe us anything. Hoddle was and always will be a Judas because he stabbed us in the back, very different matter.

Good for DC, decent bloke who was never properly appreciated at Saints for what he did for us, and who clearly just wants to carry on playing the game. Doesn't seem to be able to stop scoring in L1, must stick in the throats of some of our fishy friends as they see ex-Saint scoring their winner week-in, week-out and dragging them back to near safety (impending points deduction notwithstanding).

Totally agree.....DC always a favourite of mine....pity re injuries.

Pompey will still fall short and carry -10 over subject to Liquidation etc........Nooooo money at Fratton.

I wasn't being entirely serious, vectis. Didnt even know until I put 5-Live on today that he was playing for the fishfiddlers. I dont begrudge him that at all.

Just think how much it hurts them to have to have an ex Southampton player be the only person that can give them any hope. It must be even more galling that the player was released as deemed not good enough for us.

clockwise-1986-7578-1040399808.jpg

“It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Yeah, agree with this, good luck to DC, lets hope he takes them down

I wasn't being entirely serious, vectis. Didnt even know until I put 5-Live on today that he was playing for the fishfiddlers. I dont begrudge him that at all.

That's alright, just needed to be said. The guy is a top bloke, and I wouldn't begrudge him whatever he can get (if the fish fiddlers can even pay him). Still think he could have actually added something in a few games in the PL especially at the start of the season, his experience would have been invaluable.