Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

did anyone watch spurs vs basel in the midweek? Basel had quality right winger - he was like puncheon turbo edition. They had to sub Assou-Ekotto off cos he was getting such a roastings. We should sign him yo!

Obviously would be more interesting if i knew cunts name...

did anyone watch spurs vs basel in the midweek? Basel had quality right winger - he was like puncheon turbo edition. They had to sub Assou-Ekotto off cos he was getting such a roastings. We should sign him yo!

Mohammed Salah

JANUARY LINKS:

Scott Dann - Mail - £6m

Curtis Davies - Birmingham - Mirror - ?

Will Buckley - Brighton - Mirror - £2m

Matt Phillips - Blackpool - Mail - £5.5m

Carlos Sanchez -- Rangers (Chile) - Sun - £1.5m

Michael Dawson - Spurs - Sun - £7.5m

Liam Trotter - Millwall - Mail - £2m

Paul Robinson - Blackburn - Mail - ?

Jack Butland - Birmingham - Mirror - £6m

Davide Astori - Cagliari - Star - £8m

Gary Hooper - Celtic - Mirror - £6m

Steve Gouhouri - Maccabi - Sky - ?

Matt Besler - Kansas City - Sun - ?

Abdul Kader Keita - Unattached - Sky - Free

Shane Lowry - Millwall - People - £1.5m

Scott Wiseman - Barnsley - Sun - ?

Harry Forrester - Aston Villa - Birmingham Mail - ?

Philipe Coutinho - Inter - La Gazzetta - £10m

Yossi Benayoun - Chelsea - Sun - Loan

Domenico Berardi - Sassuolo - Mail - ?

Nathan Redmond - Birmingham - Telegraph - £6m

Frederik Sorensen - Bologna - Tipsbladet - ?

Christian Gross - Unattached - Mail - Free

Roberto Di Matteo - Unattached - Mail - Free

Mauricio Pochettino - Unattached - Fichajes - Free

Sebastian Fernandez - Malaga - Sky Sports - Loan

Sergio Roberto - Barcelona - TalkSport - ?

William Vainqueur - Standard Liege - Sun - £2.5m

Matej Vydra - Udinese - CaughtOffside - ?

Vegard Forren - Molde - Echo - £4m - Done deal

John Stones - Barnsley - Mail - £1.5m

Mauro Zarate - Lazio - Corriere Dello Sport - ?

John Guidetto - Man City - Mirror - Loan

Lucas Biglia - Anderlecht - Mirror - £8m

Riquelme - Unattached - TFM - Free

Ricardo Alvarez - Inter - Ladbrokes - ?

Robert Firmino - Hoffenheim - Mail - £7m

Moussa Konate - FC Krasnodar - Sky - ?

Impressive evasion of the swear filter. ****s, simple but genius.

Just hope Mario improves on his recent transfers

image.jpg

Bet he becomes first choice alongside the established International CB we sign in summer!

Hope to see a young striker, Vydra could be shrewd. A winger who can play either side, Ince would be great. A quality CM better than either Morgan or Jack despite how damn good they are. That would do. Forren can back-up as LB.

I'd be happy with

- Atop class CB alongside Maya - Astori, the lad from Bordeaux etc

- Decent back ups at RB and LB - Trippier?

- A CM to back up / compete with Cork/Morgan - i.e. Biglia

- A really good winger - Salah?

- A clever CF to back up Ricky

Hoping Tino can use his Spain/Argie connections and the Don can raid Serie A

They have 2 very good wingers, Salah and Stocker. Stocker better technically, Salah better at driving at the opposition :)

Maybe Basel would be interested in Mayuka as part exchange, he scored for fun in the Swiss league and is probably highly regarded over there ...

I'd be happy with

- Atop class CB alongside Maya - Astori, the lad from Bordeaux etc

- Decent back ups at RB and LB - Trippier?

- A CM to back up / compete with Cork/Morgan - i.e. Biglia

- A really good winger - Salah?

- A clever CF to back up Ricky

Hoping Tino can use his Spain/Argie connections and the Don can raid Serie A

Again! what's with this 'backup', if we are going to buy, buy better, then those that are currently here can be 'backups', this is how teams improve!

Again! what's with this 'backup', if we are going to buy, buy better, then those that are currently here can be 'backups', this is how teams improve!

if we want to buy 'better' than those I have suggested buying back ups for it would cost us over £30m

We should first try and flog the likes of De Ridder, Barnard, Lee, Fox etc. Then see which of the academy players are ready to join the first team (Targett, Chambers, Stephens, Rowe etc). Once we have established that, I would see where we need to strengthen.

As it stands I would like to see a CB to join Yoshida in defence, with Fonte and Forren as back up and Hooiveld to be sold (great Championship defender, but if we want to progress next season we shouldnt be playing him). A left winger with some pace would also be welcome, with Lallana moving to a more central position and cover for the RB position.

I'm very happy with the first XI at the moment, but would like to see a replacement for Jos. Really not sure on him at this level. With some different reffing decisions yesterday, we could have been down to ten men or at the very least, conceded more free kicks in dangerous errors. I also got to see one of his 3 own goals up close and personal this year. Like Dr Kucho, I commend him for his work in the Championship - but barring some massive up-tick in form, think we can do a lot better.

Michu has been fantastic for Swansea this year, so while it's a little facile to ask for a Michu-type player, the attribute I perhaps most admire is his long shooting. Don't know if we need a new player for this, or just more practice from our existing stock - but a team that has this in its locker can kill games stone dead or conjure victory from nothing. I refer the HCDAJFU committee to the cases of Lampard breaking oppo's hearts, or indeed, that Matthew Lowton wonder-strike that secured Villa the points yesterday.

Goalie; happy with Boruc - sign him up, I reckon.

If we survive, I think we can expect as much ruthlessness with player decisions as we have been with managerial ones. I think we'll set our sights slightly higher than finding better players than De Ridder. We'll be going after better players than Lallana.

I think RB is a tricky one for the summer.

Callum Chambers will probably be in the squad next year but dont know if he is good enough.

I would actually prefer to go for a really good CM and in case of emergency have Cork as cover for RB.

If we are going to be successful with this system you cant expect Cork/Schneiderlin to be on top of every game. If we get another really good CM in we will have very good depth in that position that is crucial to the system.

I would like a player that has quick feets and is a really good passer rather than the big box to box midfielder cause I think Morgan can be that type of player.

If we can get someone that can pick out passes through the opponents CM into the feets of Gaston and Rickie we will be able to utilize their strenght even better.

As good as as Cork/Schneiderlin has been I think they have a tendency to play around the opponents CM and out wide and not really having that through pass to find the space between the opponents defence and midfield.

When we already have the best MF partnership, what we need is backup/competition. We were poor this season when Cork was unavailable, and have been quite lucky that both have been almost ever present since. Imagine if one (or heaven forbid both) were unavailable long term due to suspension or injury. There are places where we are quite thin on the ground in terms of adequate replacements for our 1st XI, LB and RB for example, but we don't really need to find significantly better that what we have. Its not like any of the players in these areas are getting on and need to be replaced, they are all young and will improve.

I still think we need at least one, if not two top CBs first and foremost. Jos/Yoshida/Fonte have improved, but they can still be panicky and their clearances/distribution can be poor.

Would like another AM who could offer some pace, a good cross and get into double figures with goals. At the moment we can dominate possession & pin them back but lack the ruthlessness needed to hope for anything better than mid-table.

As For cover we need a proper RB & LB to offer competition for Clyne & Shaw. Would also like to see another CM to give Cork/Morgan competition & Would like cover for RL, who can hold it up, bring others into play and link up with as I feel at the moment that burden would fall on Rodriguez and that isn't where his strengths lie.

We can do far far better than Bridge, even for back up.

Absolutely. We've moved so far since then. Do you realise it was less than 3 years ago we were salivating over the idea of Chris Lines and Brian Stock coming to St Mary's? Astori and Sincalir from City is all we need in the Summer (and resign Boruc)

I would like a player that has quick feets and is a really good passer rather than the big box to box midfielder cause I think Morgan can be that type of player.

If we can get someone that can pick out passes through the opponents CM into the feets of Gaston and Rickie we will be able to utilize their strenght even better.

Thats the sort of player Biglia is and with Tino as manager perhaps that puts us in with a shout of getting him, as a passing CM he'd be great in our system

Thats the sort of player Biglia is and with Tino as manager perhaps that puts us in with a shout of getting him, as a passing CM he'd be great in our system

Yep he would be my personal favourite to bring in, just didn´t want to put any names down in my post there... :)

Frederik Sørensen at Bologna would be fantastic. 20 years old and with a height at 1,94 he would be perfectly suited as the big b*stard next to Yoshida.

Linked in January.

He certainly sounds ideal, age,height, future etc.A major drawback though seems to be - if this is the same player - that he is jointly owned by Bologna and another Italian club, which as we saw with Ramirez tends to complicate the issue.

Isco- Malaga

Biglia- Ajax?

Sinclair- City

Bent- Villa feel he's got a point to prove still....

Astori- Italy

Please

Biglia from Anderlecht.

Isco, Biglia and Astori yes for me.

Sinclair maybe

Bent, hell no not in a million years...

Linked in January.

He certainly sounds ideal, age,height, future etc.A major drawback though seems to be - if this is the same player - that he is jointly owned by Bologna and another Italian club, which as we saw with Ramirez tends to complicate the issue.

Yeah, he's co-owned by Juventus and Bologna. Could mess up everything....

Don't think we'll sign that many players, 2 or 3 probably..

That's my hunch too. Plus fast tracking two or three from the U18/U21 squads. Rowe, Chambers and Isgrove maybe.

Edited by trousers

As a few people have said so far, getting youth team players through will be the priority I think. Those who are currently out on loan or have been on loan this season (Reeves, Hoskins, Martin etc) will be evaluated and then either brought into the fold of the first-team or sold. I can imagine the likes of Gape, Isgrove, Rowe etc will go out on loan next year as they're more senior youth players and will benefit from proper competitive football.

We do probably need cover for both full-back positions as well as a pacy winger and a striker to challenge for a place. Also a #1 goalie if Boruc decides not to sign a new deal.