Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Al Habsi is worth a shout too. Also their left back looks alright.

I think it´s strange that Al Habsi is backup keeper, has always impressed me....

Dont know if he has had injuries this year...?

The work rate of Espinoza has been great today, not sure if he´s consistent enough for me......but really good today.

I think it´s strange that Al Habsi is backup keeper, has always impressed me....

Dont know if he has had injuries this year...?

The work rate of Espinoza has been great today, not sure if he´s consistent enough for me......but really good today.

I too found it strange; I looked it up and he's played 28 league games this season. But he's on the bench today, and was against Swansea. Certainly one to look for; last season he was immense, though I admit I've not noticed him this term.

I too found it strange; I looked it up and he's played 28 league games this season. But he's on the bench today, and was against Swansea. Certainly one to look for; last season he was immense, though I admit I've not noticed him this term.

I remember this shocker against Reading but yes, probably noticed him a lot more last year.

[video=youtube;cZJvq-cWWAY]

I´ve seen some real blinders of goals from him last few weeks so not sure I agree...

And I've seen him put in some real stinkers for crosses and make a mess of real scoring chances.

Scored a couple of nice goals recently that will look good in a youtube video no doubt about that.

And I've seen him put in some real stinkers for crosses and make a mess of real scoring chances.

Scored a couple of nice goals recently that will look good in a youtube video no doubt about that.

Probably scored more than lallana or Ramirez despite playing half a season in the first team.

What are you on about you tube

He has been nothing short of excellent in the last few months and is MoM in a historic cup final

Probably scored more than lallana or Ramirez despite playing half a season in the first team.

What are you on about you tube

He has been nothing short of excellent in the last few months and is MoM in a historic cup final

He might not be too far behind on goals, but assists wise I'd be surprised if he's close (particularly to Lallana) in assists

Apps Assists Key Passes Avg. Passes Pass Suc% Crosses LB TB Rating

Premier League* 7(12) - 0.3 8.9 86.4 0.1 0.3 0.1 6.49

0.1 accurate crosses per match, he's managed 2 accurate crosses in 22 attempts and 0 assists. That is not very good for a winger.

that is what i meant by my youtube comment. Obviously McManaman is way better than Steve De Ridder could ever hope to be, but watching him play full matches I just find that despite the number of times and general ease of which he gets into dangerous areas, it comes to nothing too often.

Obviously he's only 22 so he will probably get better, but for me he needs another season of regular football to get that part of his game right.

If we did bring him in I wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't be heralding it as a signing that will propel us up the table either.

You mean the club Everton who let him go on a free a few seasons ago? But if Martinez goes there, stranger things have happened.

Liverpool wanted Ince back, it can happen. McManaman is one of those players that the opposition hates - and his name has gone down as MOTM in an FA Cup final in history. I'd happily take him if it were possible, but I would be surprised if we brought in ANY English players this summer - I can see us going on a Spanish binge.

You mean the club Everton who let him go on a free a few seasons ago? But if Martinez goes there, stranger things have happened.

They wouldn't be the first club to release a teenager and then resign him for multi millions later in his career. Kevin Phillips anyone....

He might not be too far behind on goals, but assists wise I'd be surprised if he's close (particularly to Lallana) in assists

Apps Assists Key Passes Avg. Passes Pass Suc% Crosses LB TB Rating

Premier League* 7(12) - 0.3 8.9 86.4 0.1 0.3 0.1 6.49

0.1 accurate crosses per match, he's managed 2 accurate crosses in 22 attempts and 0 assists. That is not very good for a winger.

that is what i meant by my youtube comment. Obviously McManaman is way better than Steve De Ridder could ever hope to be, but watching him play full matches I just find that despite the number of times and general ease of which he gets into dangerous areas, it comes to nothing too often.

Obviously he's only 22 so he will probably get better, but for me he needs another season of regular football to get that part of his game right.

If we did bring him in I wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't be heralding it as a signing that will propel us up the table either.

Oh behave, of the wigan team Kone & mcmanaman were the only players that looked threatening today and callum was MOTM against Clichy, zaba (best rb in pl), Kompany (Best CB in europe) and nastasic. All quality.

Not that it matters, when Martinez goes to everton he will follow

What did QPR pay for Remy?

£8m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21039302

Loic Remy: QPR sign Marseille striker for a club record fee

Queens Park Rangers have signed striker Loic Remy from Marseille for a club record £8m fee.

Remy, 26, has agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Premier League's bottom club. The former Lyon forward has won 17 caps for France and scored four goals. Rangers manager Harry Redknapp told the club website: "I'm delighted to bring him in - he's a great buy for us. He's got the potential to be a really outstanding striker." He was also a target for Newcastle, who had expected him for talks on Sunday only to discover he had travelled to Loftus Road instead. Redknapp added: "I didn't think we'd get him to be honest but [chairman] Tony Fernandes worked ever so hard on this. "He wouldn't give up on it and it's great that we now have him here with us. "He's always been a player I've admired. I've watched him on so many occasions throughout the last few years.

"I actually spent three or four hours with him last year so he knew what I thought of him, and I think that was important. "He's quick, can score goals and makes great runs. His movement is excellent. He's got the potential to be a really outstanding striker." Remy, who has scored three goals in 19 appearances for Marseille this season, said: "Harry played a big part in me coming here. "I spoke to him and Tony Fernandes at length and they made it clear they wanted me here. They gave me the right motivation to join QPR. "I want to develop my game here. This season the objective is to stay up but beyond that we have greater objectives. "After seven years in France, this is the right time for me to pursue a new challenge in the Premier League - the best league in the world. "I am confident I can adapt to the Premier League. My main characteristics have taken me to the level I am at today but I am keen to keep improving in the Premier League." Rangers' previous transfer record was Djibril Cisse, bought for £4m in January 2012. Junior Hoilett was signed for £3m rising to £4m with add-ons in July 2012.

Depending on who Utd sign in the summer (apparantly Ronaldo was told to remove a tweet the other day) Zaha might not get alot of playing time, it might be worth seeing if we could grab him on a loan deal for the season. Doesnt look that great tonight but from what I have seen is a decent player.

Depending on who Utd sign in the summer (apparantly Ronaldo was told to remove a tweet the other day) Zaha might not get alot of playing time, it might be worth seeing if we could grab him on a loan deal for the season. Doesnt look that great tonight but from what I have seen is a decent player.

I was going to suggest we try to buy Zaha outright, forgetting he cost £15m, but a loan is a great idea.

It'd like to see us bring in Nick Powell on a cheeky season-long loan. The lad is class from what I've seen. From Crewe he scored some real MLTesque goals. I wonder if Moyes will let him leave though, what with wanting to see what all his new players can do at United.

It'd like to see us bring in Nick Powell on a cheeky season-long loan. The lad is class from what I've seen. From Crewe he scored some real MLTesque goals. I wonder if Moyes will let him leave though, what with wanting to see what all his new players can do at United.

That's a good shout, but he probably wouldn't want to come south for a loan.

Will he be any better than JWP might be next year?

From the Twittersphere:

Transfer Talk ‏@TransferTalk_ 4m

Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has tabled a £2.5m bid for Barcelona Sporting Club defender Frickson Erazo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324585/Frickson-Erazo-wanted-Southampton.html?ITO=socialnet-tottenhammail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-tottenhammail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed Not sure about another signing from Ecuador or his man-marking technique in that picture. Edited by Sour Mash

Why are people so obsessed with what footed our centre backs are. I believe Adkins started this craze that we had to have a left footed centre back playing on the left side of the centre. It's an utter myth that it really makes any difference. Ferdinand and Vidic are both right footed and it doesn't seem to have caused man United too many issues having despite having this massive handicap.

I believe his name was F***son but he had to change it to be more family friendly.

This is probably not a fact.

What do you know SNSUN, you only got one more than me in the grammar test and two less that bear on his third attempt. ;)

I wouldn't put myself in the obsessed category Turks, however the two we have do generally play on the left side of CB and in the videos this guy is also on the left side. If you think the side doesn't matter take a look at the old videos of Fonte moving to the left side to accommodate Martin and see how he performed. Not true for all but it is true for some.

What do you know SNSUN, you only got one more than me in the grammar test and two less that bear on his third attempt. ;)

I wouldn't put myself in the obsessed category Turks, however the two we have do generally play on the left side of CB and in the videos this guy is also on the left side. If you think the side doesn't matter take a look at the old videos of Fonte moving to the left side to accommodate Martin and see how he performed. Not true for all but it is true for some.

agreed 100% top post mate

well arguably the best defensive partnership in the country are both right footed. I would suggest it's better to have two good defenders are the same footed than two average ones because they are left and right footed.

A cheap sensible option as you don't want to bring in a 7m rated left back as Shaw can clearly stake his claim for that position next season.

Same goes for the defensive midfielder (Verdu pn a freebie) this leaves you with some great players in Lens, Lopez and Astori that will take most of our budget.

well arguably the best defensive partnership in the country are both right footed. I would suggest it's better to have two good defenders are the same footed than two average ones because they are left and right footed.

Depends on the defenders doesn't it? Some left footed players can play right wing very well, others can't.

Wages would be a lot but would be a decent signing IMO.

Depends if this link would be close to the truth or not, but dont know what tax rate there is in Spain...

£37,5k per week before tax according to this.....figures for other players seems about right to me.

And with his injury history now he would probably need to lower his demands if he wanna get his career going again..

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=37969.0