Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Should 100% end for buying clubs the day before your first league game of the season.

Totally agree. Once the season starts, the squad you have is yours. Teams have had all summer to get the deals done but some like to leave it until the last minute. This is why you see a lot of panic buys and big fees.

Totally agree. Once the season starts, the squad you have is yours. Teams have had all summer to get the deals done but some like to leave it until the last minute. This is why you see a lot of panic buys and big fees.

Plus it often overshadows the first month of matches. Fair enough you can still sell to another country that has an open window to buy, but you shouldnt be able to add more players after the first game.

which would still happen regardless of when the window shuts

Just watching the entire video and he seems very Benteke-esque. Strong, tall, powerful, plenty of headed goals, picks the ball up and runs with it with good footwork.

Bit of a gem here maybe if true? I'm quite excited by it. This type of signing wouldn't usually get me interested but I'm quite intrigued.

Just watching the entire video and he seems very Benteke-esque. Strong, tall, powerful, plenty of headed goals, picks the ball up and runs with it with good footwork.

Bit of a gem here maybe if true? I'm quite excited by it. This type of signing wouldn't usually get me interested but I'm quite intrigued.

Wel, I heard we were def in the mix!! But then this is the transfer window and we all know how fickle that is!!

Duvan Zapata

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-newssaints-weigh-up-2086461

Genuinely looks like a very good finisher from the video included...

Classed as an outstanding talent he will not qualify for a permit in the normal way it will go straight to representative appeal , if enough high profile people from the football world say he is a wonder kid he will get a permit .

its how united and city etc get the young Brazilians before they qualify by appearances

Classed as an outstanding talent he will not qualify for a permit in the normal way it will go straight to representative appeal , if enough high profile people from the football world say he is a wonder kid he will get a permit .

its how united and city etc get the young Brazilians before they qualify by appearances

Why would we be able to get a work permit for him and west ham not?

Don't think there's any chance of Zapata getting a work permit- he's nowhere near the Columbia squad, so can't get it normally, & that in itself suggests he's not an outstanding talent.

He is on the verge of the Columbian squad and is very highly expected to be in their World Cup squad next summer. He is tipped as the next player to follow in the footsteps of Falcao and Jackson Martinez to make a big impact in Europe and some places in Columbia and Europe value him as high as £10m

He's been linked with Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Benfica and Porto.

I would class these points as making him an outstanding talent. Age is on his side as well for the work permit application.

He is on the verge of the Columbian squad and is very highly expected to be in their World Cup squad next summer. He is tipped as the next player to follow in the footsteps of Falcao and Jackson Martinez to make a big impact in Europe and some places in Columbia and Europe value him as high as £10m

He's been linked with Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Benfica and Porto.

I would class these points as making him an outstanding talent. Age is on his side as well for the work permit application.

And what realistically can we do that Wham weren't able to do?

I believe we managed to get a WP for Tadanari Lee as an "outstanding talent", so we have some experience in such matters.

Of course, given how little he has played, that may count against us!

We could argue that Lee was good enough for the league we were in at the time.

I believe we managed to get a WP for Tadanari Lee as an "outstanding talent", so we have some experience in such matters.

Of course, given how little he has played, that may count against us!

We could argue that Lee was good enough for the league we were in at the time.

He had played for Japan though and scored the winner in the Asia Cup.

He just phoned Cortese and said, "I'm you're man!"

He won't have answered you though. I happen to know he is out of the country - on holiday in fact.

Can't quite remember where, but apparently the drinks are free, and there is enough fun and sunshine for everyone.

He won't have answered you though. I happen to know he is out of the country - on holiday in fact.

Can't quite remember where, but apparently the drinks are free, and there is enough fun and sunshine for everyone.

I think I know the place you mean, we went there last Christmas.