Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Social Media is going past the stage or being interesting. It's a sales tool for companies for social marketing and a place for bored housewives and jobless people to hang out.

What do you know about what's happened in Egypt tonight?

I wouldn't. But seriously ... I do dispair. Any wind up merchant, bored kid or simpleton can have an account and post crap. There always seems to be another wind up merchant, bored kid, or simpleton that believes it and/or just wants to carry on the rubbish.

Social Media is going past the stage or being interesting. It's a sales tool for companies for social marketing and a place for bored housewives and jobless people to hang out.

It should be for the 21-35 age group only.

Latest is that there is no knowledge of any player coming in at present.

There has been no strange or interesting appearances at SMS or Staplewood.

Trust me, on the evidence I have heard today the players are unaware of any potential signings at present.

Trust me, on the evidence I have heard today the players are unaware of any potential signings at present.

Interesting, either we're biding our time waiting for the right players to become available or maybe MP did keep his word and did get all his business done by July 1st. :scared: :D

If you think back to the last transfer window that was a total bulls up as the club could not decide who they wanted in the end.

Perhaps Cortese stance on agents has got so bad that all these rumoured players linked with us are just not interested in joining.

Buttner & ****ana to name two.

Thanks for the insight Weston. I guess the players often only find out when we do though?

Maybe. But I guess football is like any workplace industry. Players from our team know and talk to other players from other teams who they remain in contact with and, in domestic terms, could know if we actively trying to sign players from those others teams. I certainly keep in touch with mates from former workplaces and have a reasonable knowledge of goings on there. Here's hoping that deals are all just being kept super quiet to avoid interest from competitors and not just there's nowt going on!

Maybe. But I guess football is like any workplace industry. Players from our team know and talk to other players from other teams who they remain in contact with and' date=' in domestic terms, could know if we actively trying to sign players from those others teams. I certainly keep in touch with mates from former workplaces and have a reasonable knowledge of goings on there. Here's hoping that deals are all just being kept super quiet to avoid interest from competitors and not just there's nowt going on![/quote']

That's true but our main targets appear to be foreign based. Wouldn't expect a player to know until he sees that player at the training ground etc being shown around, and that could happen the day they sign. Doesn't mean there aren't things happening in the background...sure we will be able to tell more from what MP says tomorrow.

My first thought when I woke up this morning was that I dreamt we signed Inzaghi......weird

Did you wake up in an offside position?

Matty's Caddy is Papa Waigo? :-)

Strangely enough, I had a dream we signing Iniesta recently, in a Keegan-esque style swoop. If only.

Matty's Caddy is Papa Waigo? :-)

Strangely enough, I had a dream we signing Iniesta recently, in a Keegan-esque style swoop. If only.

Whereas I dreamt I saw Wanyama in Southampton last night - with his advisors just tying up final details prior to signing

well looking at some of the transfers that have gone through I'd say that we're looking at a very specific type of player and of a certain quality. We could no doubt have signed Shelvey or Remond or whatever if it had been our desire, the fact that we didn't just states that we're just not interested in average players. Rightly so, we ended up nigh on mid-table after a disastrous start last season so what we have is clearly good enough to maintain our status and we're looking to buy just top players who'll help us up to the next level.

for me we just need a striker,someone who can slot in at LB if needs be,although Lovren and Forren can apparently do that and

perhaps a winger although that's not really a priority as I see it. If we just get a striker in soon it'll be a correct window for me..

Edited by Window Cleaner

well looking at some of the transfers that have gone through I'd say that we're looking at a very specific type of player and of a certain quality. We could no doubt have signed Shelvey or Remond or whatever if it had been our desire, the fact that we didn't just states that we're just not interested in average players. Rightly so, we ended up nigh on mid-table after a disastrous start last season so what we have is clearly good enough to maintain our status and we're looking to buy just top players who'll help us up to the next level.

for me we just need a striker,someone who can slot in at LB if needs be,although Lovren and Forren can apparently do that and

perhaps a winger although that's not really a priority as I see it. If we just get a striker in soon it'll be a correct window for me..

Definitely need a defensive CM. Wonder if they will just stick with Fox for LB cover. Seems that way at the moment, we haven't really been linked to any LBs and would have to get rid of Fox or would be pointless

Definitely need a defensive CM. Wonder if they will just stick with Fox for LB cover. Seems that way at the moment, we haven't really been linked to any LBs and would have to get rid of Fox or would be pointless

Lovren or Forren will be preferred to Fox if needs be. Lovren can also play DM if the necessity arises. Then you just have to consider the young players coming through. No point in having an academy if you're just going to go all Citeh or Chelsea and buy 2 players for each position.

Lovren or Forren will be preferred to Fox if needs be. Lovren can also play DM if the necessity arises. Then you just have to consider the young players coming through. No point in having an academy if you're just going to go all Citeh or Chelsea and buy 2 players for each position.

Will they though? They are centre backs. I certainly wouldn't want to split up a CB pairing to shove one out wide or into midfield. We will be much better off if Lovren can play 38 Prem games at CB.

Some of you guys are weird, most of my dreams tend to involve Megan Fox or other fitehs

I find your lack of commitment to the saints disturbing and will only repect you if you at least admit these fitehs are wearing saints shirts (stipey ones!) in your dreams!

I find your lack of commitment to the saints disturbing and will only repect you if you at least admit these fitehs are wearing saints shirts (stipey ones!) in your dreams!

Lucy Pinder? Although she does lose the shirt later on in a freak fan accident!

I'd agree with this and Swansea (Shelvey) need more depth if they are considering having a good run in Europe this year as Newcastle really suffered from Thursday-Sunday scenario. I think Redmond will be a good buy for Norwich and with R V-W up front they should enjoy one of their best seasons since the early 90s.

Aside from this though, there hasn't been a huge amount of activity. Not sure on Di Canio's new arrivals at Sunderland and Fulham have bought solidly but nothing staggering. Moyes taking the reins at Man U and Jose and Pelligrini getting their feet under the desk might get the chain moving for some our targets and those of other clubs. It's not often that 3 of the CL level clubs change manager at exactly the same time.

In terms of what we need for Saints, I agree on the striker, high priority as we lack competition and really struggled for goals in the last few games. Disagree on the winger though, we badly lack a pacey outlet and have limited ability to counter attack effectively when teams pack the midfield. In fact, I'd like to see a winger/striker (or give Mayuka a sustained run in the first XI), a second winger and a taller striker to give Rickie a run for his money and offer us another hold up option. I'm not that fussed by a DM but clearly the club are judging by their attempts to buy one.

Lovren gives us a good balance at the back and hope Forren gets a chance.

In the Sky Sports transfer chat someone just asked Graeme Bailey if he thinks we are just being used by agent, or will make some big signings and he said:

I certainly do, they proved last season with Gaston Ramirez that they will pay the right money for players they want. They have already bid over £10million for Victor Wanyama, whilst we brought you the story this morning of reports from Brazil suggesting they could be in talks for Leandro Damiao - Southampton are an impressive club, they are likely to make some very big signings.by GRAEME BAILEY 1:54 PM

This was just on Sky sports transfer chat.

Do you see Southampton being big players in the transfer market this summer? It is difficult to determine whether the names linked are agents and clubs using the club or genuine targets.

I certainly do Don, they proved last season with Gaston Ramirez that they will pay the right money for players they want. They have already bid over £10million for Victor Wanyama, whilst we brought you the story this morning of reports from Brazil suggesting they could be in talks for Leandro Damiao - Southampton are an impressive club, they are likely to make some very big signings.

by GRAEME BAILEY 1:54 PM

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Manchester City and Roma will meet tonight for Osvaldo, according to Sky Italy. Priced 20m €.The arrival of Negredo doesn't rule out Osvaldo

There you go. Imagine being linked with a player Manchester City want! Up front!

In the Sky Sports transfer chat someone just asked Graeme Bailey if he thinks we are just being used by agent, or will make some big signings and he said:

I certainly do, they proved last season with Gaston Ramirez that they will pay the right money for players they want. They have already bid over £10million for Victor Wanyama, whilst we brought you the story this morning of reports from Brazil suggesting they could be in talks for Leandro Damiao - Southampton are an impressive club, they are likely to make some very big signings.by GRAEME BAILEY 1:54 PM

This was just on Sky sports transfer chat.

Do you see Southampton being big players in the transfer market this summer? It is difficult to determine whether the names linked are agents and clubs using the club or genuine targets.

I certainly do Don, they proved last season with Gaston Ramirez that they will pay the right money for players they want. They have already bid over £10million for Victor Wanyama, whilst we brought you the story this morning of reports from Brazil suggesting they could be in talks for Leandro Damiao - Southampton are an impressive club, they are likely to make some very big signings.

by GRAEME BAILEY 1:54 PM

And the winner is.....Charlie, by a minute!