Swansea - Southampton: Build up

ToreSF

Anyone know if we have a full squad to choose from on Saturday? Hopefully J-Rod and Shaw have fully recovered. Not sure on what team I would go with personally.

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Yoshi Shaw; Cork Morgan; J-Rod Davis Gaston; Lambert

Subs: Davis; Forren Fox; JWP Lallana Punch; Mayuka.

For me:

----------------------------Boruc------------------------------------

Clyne-------------Yoshida-----------------Hooiveld--------------Shaw

------------------Morgan-----------------Cork----------------------

Ramirez-----------------------Rodriguez-----------------------Lallana

------------------------------Lambert-------------------------------

Very, very harsh on Davis, but our best lineup IMO.

For me:

----------------------------Boruc------------------------------------

Clyne-------------Yoshida-----------------Hooiveld--------------Shaw

------------------Morgan-----------------Cork----------------------

Ramirez-----------------------Rodriguez-----------------------Lallana

------------------------------Lambert-------------------------------

Very, very harsh on Davis, but our best lineup IMO.

I can't include Ramirez in our best line-up at the moment, because he simply isn't one of our better options at present, Davis offers much more in terms of 90mins. Would rather have Jay and Lallana on the flanks, and Davis just behind Lambert.

In terms of ''names'' it probably is our best line-up, but it shouldn't be decided on that.

@SouthamptonFC: Mauricio Pochettino: "I'm pleased and satisfied with how the team has been playing, but you always need a bit of dissatisfaction." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "All that games that I manage - whether they are at home or away - are winnable, so I want to win." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "I'd like to congratulate Michael Laudrup because he's having an amazing season." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "@SwansOfficial's brand of football is established, and quite similar to what we're trying to achieve at Southampton." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Pochettino says Guly and Kelvin Davis are doubtful for the trip to @SwansOfficial but the rest of the squad is training well. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Pochettino sends his congratulations to José Fonte, who became a father to son Luca earlier today. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on Michu: "The style of football he plays at @SwansOfficial suits him, and it is similar to the style he was playing in Spain." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on recent transfer stories: "There are many players linked to us, and this is a time when there are many rumours going around." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We are a club that has a large scouting network. We send people to games in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "Our large scouting network means rumours start. We are always going to be linked with certain players." #saintsfc

Edited by Saint Garrett

@SouthamptonFC: Mauricio Pochettino: "I'm pleased and satisfied with how the team has been playing, but you always need a bit of dissatisfaction." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "All that games that I manage - whether they are at home or away - are winnable, so I want to win." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "I'd like to congratulate Michael Laudrup because he's having an amazing season." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "@SwansOfficial's brand of football is established, and quite similar to what we're trying to achieve at Southampton." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Pochettino says Guly and Kelvin Davis are doubtful for the trip to @SwansOfficial but the rest of the squad is training well. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Pochettino sends his congratulations to José Fonte, who became a father to son Luca earlier today. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on Michu: "The style of football he plays at @SwansOfficial suits him, and it is similar to the style he was playing in Spain." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on recent transfer stories: "There are many players linked to us, and this is a time when there are many rumours going around." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We are a club that has a large scouting network. We send people to games in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc." #saintsfc

Not sending scouts to Belgium ffs.

As someone fairly local, there is on street parking but you will need to get there early and there isn't much in the way of pubs etc at the ground. If you come off at junction 45, it is a few minutes off the junction in the direction of the stadium. You will see some car showrooms across a roundabout and you take the junction off the roundabout to the right of those. The park and ride that did run from just off the motorway at junction 45 (and was there last time we played them) is no longer in use - it runs from elsewhere in the city. It's a long walk from the centre to the stadium - but taxi is easier enough. If your on the train there is a shuttle bus from the station to the ground. There is a retail park by the ground but they don't allow parking for the game. There is a morrisons beyond the retail park - again not suppose to park there but it does have a 3 hour limit.

There will be quite a few Cardiff saints there with the flag which might get an interesting reaction off the locals! Then again it might not!

Agreed. Davis is far more effective than Ramirez in that role away from home.

Want Ramirez to play just so he improves and in the hope something magical might happen but just don't let him take free kicks! Make Rickue capt and bring on lallana as fresh legs for Ramirez in Second half! Maybe lunch for a tiring Davis too

Want Ramirez to play just so he improves and in the hope something magical might happen but just don't let him take free kicks! Make Rickue capt and bring on lallana as fresh legs for Ramirez in Second half! Maybe lunch for a tiring Davis too

Can't he have it before the match?

I think this is exactly the kind of game where our high pressing and up-tempo approach will disrupt their game and deny them the time and space to play the way they like to play, similar to how we beat Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.

All depends on the chances we create and convert IMO, so I'm going for a 2-1 win.

The Mirror think we'll win...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-predictions-who-come-1840960?

Southampton (who play away at Swansea, Saturday, 3pm: prediction: 0-1) too, are still just under threat. My apologies for writing them off a month into the season. They have adjusted to the league, have a decent style of play and look equipped to extend their stay in the top flight.

Also nice words from Garry Monk.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/saints-plug-780133.aspx?

Edited by Saint Garrett

They have yoga at 6.30, followed by dinner at 7 . COYR!!

As a yoga devotee, I'm glad they're doing yoga -- but 30 mins is not nearly long enough. You need at least an hour's yoga for the benefits to feed through!

Strange that the Mirror included Southampton in the list of relegation candidates, albeit recognising that we are very unlikely to go down and apologising for ever having thought we would, yet excluded Newcastle who are below us. I guess they're too good to go down.

Strange that the Mirror included Southampton in the list of relegation candidates, albeit recognising that we are very unlikely to go down and apologising for ever having thought we would, yet excluded Newcastle who are below us. I guess they're too good to go down.

I suggest you read the whole article;)