Bomb in Boston

Hatch

London Marathon on Sunday too - most worrying.

Terrible news - can I follow it on Sky? No, Eastenders is on. :rolleyes: TF for tinternet.

Legs blown off. Eek.

forgot about that, that could be cancelled now I guess, if there is any threat at all.

forgot about that, that could be cancelled now I guess, if there is any threat at all.

Depends on the circumstances - I doubt they'd cancel or postpone it, but I certainly think they'll step up security.

Just seen the footage of some runners carrying on after the explosions - one wonders if they're running from the bomb or determined to finish after 26 gruelling miles...

Depends on the circumstances - I doubt they'd cancel or postpone it, but I certainly think they'll step up security.

Just seen the footage of some runners carrying on after the explosions - one wonders if they're running from the bomb or determined to finish after 26 gruelling miles...

I would be pretty annoyed if after all that I couldn't finish TBF.

You could imagine it being Al Queda, trying to maintain their profile while North Korea get feisty.

If it's North Korea........... **** me.....

At least it's not a Republican administration with the finger on the button at the moment.

Al Qaeda?

I guess that's what we are expected to automatically believe when something like this happens. No doubt there will be a lot of speculation in the media until some facts are known, but I will keep an open mind until then.

Whoever is responsible, this is pretty horrific.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

I guess that's what we are expected to automatically believe when something like this happens. NO doubt there will be a lot of speculation in the media until some facts are known, but I will keep an open mind until then.

Whoever is responsible, this is pretty horrific.

What are you saying?

You could imagine it being Al Queda, trying to maintain their profile while North Korea get feisty.

If it's North Korea........... **** me.....

At least it's not a Republican administration with the finger on the button at the moment.

If it's North Korea then they won't know what has hit them...

http://news.sky.com/story/1078597/boston-marathon-explosions-three-killed

3 dead according to Sky and ball bearings found on the street

BBC saying the Associated Press have said 2 dead and 22 injured.

Are Sky scaremongering or are the BBC slow with their information?

I'm watching CNN and they're being cautions with their reporting, they've not even confirmed it was deffo a bomb yet and no mention of ball bearings. They're saying 2 dead.

What are you saying?

Al Qaeda is the bogeyman. When something bad like this happens, the media always start linking their name with it even if there is no evidence of their involvement. Remember how some media outlets were trying to blame AQ when that fascist nutter in Norway went on his killing spree?

The point is that we constantly have the threat of AQ rammed down our throats to keep us in fear. The terrorism isn't from AQ themselves, but from the fear of possible threats. It's in the interests of the establishment to keep it that way so that the public are more accepting in surrendering their civil liberties in return for being kept safe from the nasty-wasty terrorists - aka the bogeyman.

Anyway, going off topic a little. Like I said, I don't really want to discuss too much the possibility of AQ involvement until more facts are known.

Why so sure, Diggory?

I highly doubt that North Korea would be able to coordinate something like this in America with International eyes currently all over them.

They are also all about military might and show, not grimey underground ball bearing bombings.

I highly doubt that North Korea would be able to coordinate something like this in America with International eyes currently all over them.

They are also all about military might and show, not grimey underground ball bearing bombings.

Depends how desperate they are.... who knows the true internal situation there?

One of:

a) Gas explosion (it was a hotel)

b) a Tim McVeigh nutter type

c) Al Qaeda

d) NK (they have bombed planes in the past)

e) Iran

at a guess. Bomb forensics will go a long way to helping identify it. if it's c) they'll take the credit (and they might anyway). Having lived in Boston, thankfully my mates there are ok (and their sons and daughters who had decided to go to watch the finish - phew).

cowards and arseholes if it's not a