Players who impressed you in the lower leagues who haven't progressed.

Colinjb

Can be a Saint or an opposing player.

Watching the dire game that is Hull City v Bristol City (just how the hell are Hull second in the Championship?) at the moment, and the winger Adomah at Bristol City was always one that impressed me, yet he has stuck with Bristol and could be down in league one next year, he deserves better for me. Also noted that Sam Baldock is at Bristol City, a victim of Big Sam's striker stockpiling last season.

Do any others stick in the mind?

Edited by Colinjb

Can be a Saint or an opposing player.

Watching the dire game that is Hull City v Bristol City (just how the hell are Hull second in the Championship?) at the moment, and the winger Adomah at Bristol City was always one that impressed me, yet he has stuck with Bristol and could be down in league one next year, he deserves better for me. Also noted that Sam Baldock is at Bristol City, a victim of Big Sam's striker stockpiling last season.

Do any others stick in the mind?

As I posted elsewhere I think from 9th position down in the Championship none is safe from relegation, which is barking mad, still the one consolation is, having only watched the last few minutes of tonight's game, the quality of who might come up increases the odds of consolidating our Premiership status next season (should we cross to the safe side of the line this season) Cardiff could survive. Hull, should they make it, are looking like a team needing a shed load of readies. Watford if they cross the line will be interesting, they have a Donkey of a ground and a current team that is made up of some very clever use of the loan player rules.

To answer the original question: Jordan Rhodes absolute dynamite for Uddersfield, but I think a poor career move to the club challenging p*mpey for the title of Clown team of the year.

Curtis Davies must be wondering what the hell is going on, having been in the bottom half of the Championship for most of the season with Birmingham. Chris Burke, as mentioned already, not doing as well as last season.

Joe Bennett, then-of Boro has been pretty poor for Villa this season, and Peter Whittingham can't even get in Cardiff's team now after being immense for them last year.

I thought Pugh at Bournemouth looked excellent when we were in L1 and there was a whisper we might have signed him in the early Pardew days, but he's still down there - and Cox of Leyton Orient gave Butterfield a hell of a time when we played them but still shuffling about too. Suppose Lallana's been doing ok ! ;)

You wonder if we were saving up Oscar Gobern for the Championship, but he's now in the relegation zone there with Huddersfield, having only been playing since Feb this season.

Dale Stephens was meant to be a bright talent we were lucky to get on loan, but is scuffling around with Charlton in mid-table Championship.

Blackpool haven't made much impact for a side with Matt Phillips and Thomas Ince playing in it... and Ross Wallace and Marvin Bartley looked excellent for Burnley against us at the start of last season and are just... still there.

Did Maynard reject us and go to WHU.

in the end.... a Bristol club director admitted....... they hadn't received any offers for him from ANY OTHER CLUB .....prior to the move to Wham.

It was a " newspaper transfer ".......his agent got him a good deal with a move, and he wasn't worth it.

A good one for us NOT to have signed.

Adam Hammill, Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson............ what do Wolves do to there players?

Never rated O'Hara, always thought he had the temper of a wet cat.

But Adam Hammill and mostly Roger Johnson who I would've had in any team any day I must have really destroyed their careers. Impressive how Wolves failed to build on their good first PL season. Of course when you have a joke like McCarthy as your manager anything can be expected...

in the end.... a Bristol club director admitted....... they hadn't received any offers for him from ANY OTHER CLUB .....prior to the move to Wham.

It was a " newspaper transfer ".......his agent got him a good deal with a move, and he wasn't worth it.

A good one for us NOT to have signed.

Please explain the need for underlining, 6-dot ellipses and capitals in your message ? Would it not have been easier to understand with the emphasis on the words ?

"In the end a Bristol club director admitted they hadn't received any offers for him from any other club prior to the move to Wham.

It was a "newspaper transfer ", his agent got him a good deal with a move, and he wasn't worth it.

A good one for us not to have signed.

I always thought McSheffery looked decent at Birmingham and who was that nipper who scored that wonder goal for Poopey last year e looked useful

Assume you mean against us and, if I remember correctly, their goals came from Maguire (on loan from aberdeen at the time) and joel ward (now at palace).

Assume you mean against us and, if I remember correctly, their goals came from Maguire (on loan from aberdeen at the time) and joel ward (now at palace).

Maguire I think. That was a stunning hit..... It was. Just saying.

Chris Maguire was on loan from Derby, who bought him from Aberdeen in 2011 and sold him to Sheff Wednesday last summer. As they are currently 18th in the Championship, he's pretty much at the same level as he was when he scored against us.

Chris Maguire was on loan from Derby, who bought him from Aberdeen in 2011 and sold him to Sheff Wednesday last summer. As they are currently 18th in the Championship, he's pretty much at the same level as he was when he scored against us.

Ok I was close ;) He looked like he had a trick or two but certainly not special, think SPL level may be the lads limit.

I actually rated Ward as a player out of the two mind and would have taken him on his versatility alone had we not gone up. Think it'd have been too much of a gamble to take him straight to the prem, well worth keeping an eye on though I fancy! May yet be playing premiership next season with Palace ...

I thought Pugh at Bournemouth looked excellent when we were in L1 and there was a whisper we might have signed him in the early Pardew days, but he's still down there ...

I saw Marc Pugh play at Dean Court a little while ago and he certainly stood out as having 'something about him' as they say. Not just a nippy wide player who can open up the opposition defence, he has a eye for goal too.

Highly rated by Bmth fans and obviously an intrinsic part of AFC's successful promotion push. It'll be interesting to see if the Championship is his limit.

In terms of Saints Kayne Mclaggon remember watching him a few times in our relegation season and thought he looked a decent prospect and would be playing at least steady championship football by now, he was non-league, but apparently is at Bristol Rovers now? not sure how much impact he has made or how much he has played for them though.

George Boyd. Always linked with bigger clubs. Excels for Peterborough and then struggles to impress wherever he goes on loan. Ends up back at Peterborough and back at square one. Currently on loan at Hull but I'll put money on him being at high level league 1 or low level Championship team at the start of next season.