Swansea 0-0 SAINTS // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Its so frustrating, when we were losing earlier on in the season we were never cut adrift thankfully and now go on the best run all season and still cant pull away, its not the teams fault just ****e luck, Sunderland, Stoke and Norwich winning with Newcastle drawing is the worst possible results really, at least West Ham won, thats the most important fixture I suppose.

Guly motm??

Seriously a good point though, both teams with just not quite enough to win it, will wait till motd before calling the Lallana/Vorm moment as it was debatable if it was keeper over protection (but that's usually the case in the league at the moment).

Real motm Boruc.

About right really, they could have edged it but we could've nicked it. Similar story to wham last week where I thought we shaded it.

Like to say fox had one of his better games today against two pacey players down their right.

Boruc looked so assured again im starting to love the loon!

Cork looked like the most comfortable man on the pitch and motm for me, it'd be him or williams for them ...

Would have loved to have seen Mayuka's effort sneak in, could do with him getting a goal before the end of the year so next season he might hopefully hit the groung running. Still hope, and believe, he will be able to do a job for us just needs to work hard in training and take his oppurtunties when they come.

Its so frustrating, when we were losing earlier on in the season we were never cut adrift thankfully and now go on the best run all season and still cant pull away, its not the teams fault just ****e luck, Sunderland, Stoke and Norwich winning with Newcastle drawing is the worst possible results really, at least West Ham won, thats the most important fixture I suppose.

Probably Ramirez to blame

Good result, but lucky that Wigan lose as very tight at the bottom.

8 points clear of Wigan and they have five to go. I think we need one more win to be safe.

Cannot see Wigan winning 3 games, but 1 more win next week would be nice, but 1 more point will mean Wigan can only afford to lose one and draw one of their last 5, because of our goal difference.

When we beat Reading we had pulled away. Go and sit in a corner, take a few deep breaths and calm down.

Almost certainly not - it would require Wigan to get 9 points from 5 games AND Villa to get 6 points from 5 games. (and those two teams still have to play each other)

And Villa have to play United and Chelsea. While Wigan have Spurs, City, and Arsenal.

We're not going down.

Kraken's player ratings:

Boruc: 8. Largely untroubled but superb when needed. Distribution pretty good (though seemed to kick long a bit more often than usual).

Clyne: 7. Good defensive display, got forward well but once again failed to pick the right pass when getting in really good positions.

Fox: 5. Torrid first 20 minutes but got a grip and sorted himself out. Failed to support the play going forwards though, Shaw must come back in next week surely.

Yoshida: 6. Comfortable enough but never really got the idea the defence was fully calm at times.

Hooiveld: 6. As above, lucky that Boruc bailed him out with a great save.

Schneiderlin: 7. Typically good battling display.

Cork: 8.5 MOTM. Second week in a row I've given him MOTM, he was absolutely superb today. If he could just add goals to his game....

Davis: 7. Good display, has definitely added a settling effect to the midfield, especially away from home. Feel like he has improved throughout the season.

Lallana: 5. Poor; a few nice touches but didn't do much at all.

Rodriguez: 7. Good running from JRod without too many chances for him. Has he got quicker? Aboslutely rapid at times.

Lambert: 5. Not at the races today.

Ramirez: 5. Pretty poor really, gave it away too much and didn't have an impact coming on.

Puncheon: 5. Looked rusty, also gave it away a bit and didn't offer much going forward.

Mayuka: 6. Looked lively, could have got himself a goal. Would be good if he could turn out to be a genuine sub option up front.

Edited by The Kraken

A point away from home is always good. Swansea battered us once Lambert went off and I could only see won victor and it wasn't Saints. Although we looked most likely to concede we could have scored at the death. Overall happy with a point on to the next.

Yes, but I am sure that we would go down on 39 points.

You continue to overlook the large number of teams below us. For Saints to go down those teams from 13th to 18th all need to catch us, and many have games against each other where they will be taking points off each other. For example on the last day of the season Wigan play Villa. They can't both get 3 points from that game.

Decent point, especially given how we played. Fox was Dire, got torn to shreds by Dyer it was fortunate for us he has not got a final ball or we would have lost.

Boruc - 7: little to do but did well when needed

Clyne - 7: Swansea got little change out of him, bar one moment where he got himself into trouble

Yoshida - 8: Defended very well and made an excellent goal line clearance

Jos - 7: Dealt with Michu well for the most part

Fox - 4: Dyer tore him to shreds, we were lucky Dyer can't cross.

Cork - 8: MotM for me, fough hard and stifled a lot of Swansea's play through the middle

Morgan - 7: Got stuck in well as always, forward passing was not excellent.

Rodriguez - 6: A couple of decent runs, but not as good as he has been recently, went missing when moved up front on his own.

Davis - 7: Not a great deal going forward, but he worked hard off the ball and made things difficult

Lallana - 5: Save for a couple of contentiously won fouls and the disallowed goal, was probably his worst game of the season.

Lambert - 6: Not his best game, isolated for long periods.

Subs:

Ramirez - 5: made no impact whatsoever

Puncheon - 5: Made no impact

Mayuka - 6: Not much time to make a difference, but at least got himself involved and won a couple of fouls.

Fair result on the whole.

Fair play to Fox, I thought Dyer was going to tear him a new one in the first 20 minutes but he coped well after that.

Pleased to see Mayuca finally get a game and almost score.

The commentators said Rickie came off because of a knock, let hope its nothing serious.

Cork & Spiderman.......week after week after week they impress

Lallana, Ramirez.....NO COMMENT. Fox cleared beautifully towards the end what could have given Swansea a goal otherwise. As the commentators mentioned over and over we didn't exploit down the left side and left Davis out of the game. Knowing our luck the entire team will have picked up Measles and put the entire squad to bed.

You continue to overlook the large number of teams below us. For Saints to go down those teams from 13th to 18th all need to catch us, and many have games against each other where they will be taking points off each other. For example on the last day of the season Wigan play Villa. They can't both get 3 points from that game.

he doesn't actually overlook anything at all, just spouts shîte.