Yes, Obama's In

TijuanaTim

Now gradually the global financial crisis will ease up. People will get slightly more disposable income again to spend through the turnstiles at St Marys hopefully and also maybe Americans and American players will be more warmly received.

I wondered how you might make that Saints related. Good effort!

Barack Obama was joined on stage by Bruce Springsteen in Ohio on Sunday. There was one tense moment when somebody in the audience yelled out, 'Born in the USA!' And Obama said, 'For the last time, yes, damnit, I was!" --Jimmy Kimmel

People looking into Barack Obama's campaign contributions say that Obama may have received $3.3 million from abroad. Yeah. It turns out that broad is Oprah Winfrey

Edited by INFLUENCED.COM

I'm so glad that us Britons aren't like the yanks.

Loads of people in the crowd were crying when he was giving his talk afterwards. How f**king sad!

If a prime minister ever started shouting out "God bless the United Kingdom" and people started crying in their speeches, it would be time to end it all methinks.

I welled up when I saw Jesse Jackson crying :)

Is that the same Jesse Jackson who, when unaware of a mic being on, said he'd like to cut Obama's balls off for talking down to black people, I hope Obama's efforts and abilities are not diluted by continual reference to him being black, not only by white people but by black people too.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"

Awesome result. I managed to stay awake until about 3am by which time it was pretty clear that he was going to win.

You what?

You really are a fruit cake. Why would you "well up" to see that stupid f*cker crying? Sad, get a life.

America should now get ready for a load of woolly, sh*t policies.

I saw Gordon Brown this morning on TV and almost wellied up. Wellied the f*cking TV through the window, Scottish c*nt.

Watching it last night I was suprised to hear one commentator say while Obama was on stage with his family.

'....and there they are, the first black family to ever be allowed into the White House...'

I'm not sure he said what he meant.

Will they change the name from White House to Black House?

No they won't, because 'white' in this instance refers to the colour of the actual house (i.e. it's a white house) rather than the skin tone of the residents. So, unless they give the whole place a coat of paint or some sort of cladding, it will probably remain The White House. Do you see?

You what?

You really are a fruit cake. Why would you "well up" to see that stupid f*cker crying? Sad, get a life.

I saw Gordon Brown this morning on TV and almost wellied up. Wellied the f*cking TV through the window, Scottish c*nt.

here here

You what?

I see what you did there - that's very clever :rolleyes:.

I welled up because I'm old enough to remember how bad things were for black people not so very long ago. I empathised with Jesse Jackson's emotions in that so much had been achieved since the days of segregation (in a comparatively short time in fact).

Some of us sympathise and empathise with people, their pain and their joy - some of us are hard-nosed cynics.

I'm glad I'm the former and I'm glad I'm not a perpetually angry person like you. You must find it quite hard to live with yourself sometimes.

I welled up because I'm old enough to remember how bad things were for black people not so very long ago. I empathised with Jesse Jackson's emotions in that so much had been achieved since the days of segregation (in a comparatively short time in fact).

Some of us sympathise and empathise with people, their pain and their joy - some of us are hard-nosed cynics.

I'm glad I'm the former and I'm glad I'm not a perpetually angry person like you. You must find it quite hard to live with yourself sometimes.

Superb post.

How old are you by the way?

Awesome result. I managed to stay awake until about 3am by which time it was pretty clear that he was going to win.

I was crying too a 3 o'clock this morning and it wasn't due to an election.