El Crappico

St Lej

They can both go down with a draw can't they?

Unfortunately not. That would have been a sight, seeing a whole stadium of relegated fans. Wonder if that's happened before... But no if they draw they'd both be 9 points behind Villa with 3 games left, hanging in there by the skin on their teeth.

Who do we want to win El Crappico on sunday? I wouldn't mind seeing Redders get a win just to keep his false hope going for a while longer. Either way, think i'll watch it just for the lolz

I would really like Reading to win, Saints' most popular manager of the past 8 years relegating our least popular manager ever (yes, including Branfoot) in a winner-takes-all-until-we-get-relegated-soon-too classic.

I actually think QPR will win but I don't want them to.

Unfortunately not. That would have been a sight, seeing a whole stadium of relegated fans. Wonder if that's happened before... But no if they draw they'd both be 9 points behind Villa with 3 games left, hanging in there by the skin on their teeth.

With Villa playing Sunderland on the Monday.

What about the goal difference who would be down then?

Ahh you're right, the Villa game is on a Monday, they can still go down in this round of fixtures though. Still, I'm pretty sure they'd get a point at home to Sunderland so a draw is stil my prefered result. How weird would it be if a team equalise late which wouldn't save them but send the others down.

What about the goal difference who would be down then?

Well as it stands QPR have a slightly better GD than Reading meaning they are only 8 points off survival where as Reading are adrift by 9 points... Even though they have the same number of points... Somehow.. But please don't turn this thread into that monstrosity that the WBA build up has become.

Ahh you're right, the Villa game is on a Monday, they can still go down in this round of fixtures though. Still, I'm pretty sure they'd get a point at home to Sunderland so a draw is stil my prefered result. How weird would it be if a team equalise late which wouldn't save them but send the others down.

Yea there's a few bizarre scenarios that could come out of that game. 0-0 with 5 minutes left... it would be the most end to end game you'd ever see.

Well as it stands QPR have a slightly better GD than Reading meaning they are only 8 points off survival where as Reading are adrift by 9 points... Even though they have the same number of points... Somehow.. But please don't turn this thread into that monstrosity that the WBA build up has become.

I was going to leave it there,but is Villas GD better or worse than either of QPR's or Readings

Sorry but know been up 24 hours most of it on here arguing silly points with people I have know idea who they are and cant find any of the tables to check

I remember Man City v Stoke back in 98 were both relegated to Div 3 (the skates saving themselves on the last day).

I was going to leave it there,but is Villas GD better or worse than either of QPR's or Readings

Sorry but know been up 24 hours most of it on here arguing silly points with people I have know idea who they are and cant find any of the tables to check

It is the same as QPR's and one better than Reading's

Anything that would bring about a twitch measurable on the Richter scale would be funneh. Although I do think QPR would win. The plastic Reading fans that I have to associate with every week in my normal life have gone very, very quiet lately.

I would really like Reading to win, Saints' most popular manager of the past 8 years relegating our least popular manager ever (yes, including Branfoot) in a winner-takes-all-until-we-get-relegated-soon-too classic.

I actually think QPR will win but I don't want them to.

Personally, I think Branfoot was far more unpopular than Harry. The doom and gloom and despondency that enveloped the whole city, let alone the football club was awful.

Personally, I think Branfoot was far more unpopular than Harry. The doom and gloom and despondency that enveloped the whole city, let alone the football club was awful.

On the flipside, Branfoot got us to a cup final and didn't get us relegated.

You're right, there were never any mass "Redknapp OUt" protests. Branfoot always got far more stick than he deserved.

You're right, there were never any mass "Redknapp OUt" protests. Branfoot always got far more stick than he deserved.

I think Lowe was the lightening rod for hatred back then, meaning Arry got off lightly, with plenty happy to parrot the "redknapp had his hands tied" rent-an-excuse (Funny, no hands tied at QPR, though).

No one ever chanted about Guy Askham during Branfoot's tenure. He got it all. Not undeserved though.

I think Lowe was the lightening rod for hatred back then, meaning Arry got off lightly, with plenty happy to parrot the "redknapp had his hands tied" rent-an-excuse (Funny, no hands tied at QPR, though).

No one ever chanted about Guy Askham during Branfoot's tenure. He got it all. Not undeserved though.

Surely the fans back then were too busy lauding Guy Askhams decision making and business sense whilst supporting him in his ongoing feud with Mick Channon to give him any flack for Branfoots managerial performances?

Whilst only being a nipper during the Nicholl/ Branfoot era I seem to remember Askham getting plenty of flack prior to the sale to Lowe's Retirement home company? Certainly he wasn't ignored in terms of the cause of the problems during Branfoot's reign.

As I understood it it was because Gavin Davies had a group interested in buying sfc which would clearly have been better for the club but the secure retirement deal was better for existing board members as it enabled them to make a few quid and keep their shares.

As I understood it it was because Gavin Davies had a group interested in buying sfc which would clearly have been better for the club but the secure retirement deal was better for existing board members as it enabled them to make a few quid and keep their shares.

Hmmm Gavin Davies again, he's had plenty of chances to buy SFC but he's never put his hand in his pocket. La Belle Arlesienne springs to mind (look up Daudet A)

Edited by Window Cleaner

The BBC are wrong, if Reading & QPR draw they are both down today and don't wait until Monday as Villa & Wigan play each other on last day. So 17th will have a minimum of 35 points and a draw for QPR & Reading means max they can get is 34 points.

Reading and QPR, propping up the table, play each other on Sunday and relegation will be confirmed for the losers, though a draw will send both sides down if Aston Villa avoid defeat against Sunderland on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21686144

Mr.Wrong.gif