RIP Kevin Moore

Saint-Armstrong

RIP top saints defender from my early match going days , fondly remember his goal at Wembley in ZDS cup final and he scored the other great goal in the 4-1 thrashing of Norwich when Le Tiss scored a hat trick in 1989/90

He was in the room next to my wife's Grandad in the White House until recently - the poor bugger looked terrible and I would say it's a blessed relief in many ways (much like when my mum went last year - I'm not saying that without a similar experience). I did tell him I'd seen him score at Wembley and it got a bit of a reaction - RIP Kev

RIP Kevin.

I was lucky enough to meet Kevin on the pitch at The Dell after our final home game at the end of his first season with Southampton (87-88?); I asked if he had enjoyed his first season with us, a big smile came on to his face as he signed my programme and he commented "loving it here".

Sincere condolences to the Moore family at the tragic loss of a man so young. Super pro and as mentioned earlier, he got some stunning headed goals from corners. From memory would chip in with 3 or 4 goals a season. Will be fondly remembered by Saints and Grimsby alike.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})