Did we all vote UKIP today

Miltonroader07

No, and cannot foresee a circumstance where I ever would.

What if Farage had your dog hostage, and was slowly plucking its hair out and tickling inside its nose with it ? He then sends a threaning note saying that he will at some point sneak its balls into what appears to be an unassuming steak and kidney pudding that will be served up to you unknowingly one evening ?

What if Farage had your dog hostage, and was slowly plucking its hair out and tickling inside its nose with it ? He then sends a threaning note saying that he will at some point sneak its balls into what appears to be an unassuming steak and kidney pudding that will be served up to you unknowingly one evening ?

I would simpy set the other 4 dogs, together with the 3 cats, 12 guinea pigs, and 10 chickens on him. ( And as all 3 male dogs are neutered he'd struggle with the pudding ). And assuming that the hostage dog wasnt the Jack Russell cross, he'd better look to his own '2 veg', as they'd be right in the firing line of the rescue party.

I would simpy set the other 4 dogs, together with the 3 cats, 12 guinea pigs, and 10 chickens on him. ( And as all 3 male dogs are neutered he'd struggle with the pudding ). And assuming that the hostage dog wasnt the Jack Russell cross, he'd better look to his own '2 veg', as they'd be right in the firing line of the rescue party.

Your house must REALLY stink.

No way! Let everyone in and when they arrive give them everything they need

Question for you Glasgow : do UKIP put up candidates in Scotland ?

And does anybody know what the United Kingdom Independance Party's line is on Scottish independance ?

Edited by badgerx16

I consider UKIP to be the personal fiefdom of Nigel Farage (nobody else seems to matter, or even exist !) so I didn't vote for them !

Still see them as a protest vote which in principle I don't do !

Be interesting though to see how they get on when the results are announced !

So when a family of refugees arrive from a war-torn country and claim legitimate asylum, what are we supposed to do ?don,t know why you argue with the poor mans private Frazier from dads army brigade,we are all doomed you know :)lol .me i,ve got a life to enjoy .

Question for you Glasgow : do UKIP put up candidates in Scotland ?

And does anybody know what the United Kingdom Independance Party's line is on Scottish independance ?

i know of alot of ukip supporters who would love to get rid of the scots:)

i know of alot of ukip supporters who would love to get rid of the scots:)

That is a point really isn't it as I assume the vast majority of their supporters are english? Should be called EIP?

The reason Ukip are surging at the moment is very simple, it is fear.

No, not the fear of johnny foreginer that pushes people to vote for an anti immigration party, but fear displayed by the establishment and the 3 major parties. Its the fear that us peasants may not "understand" the EU and its wonderful contribution to British life and vote to leave their cosy little club. If all 3 parties committed to a straight forward in/out referendum then Nigel's fox is shot . They would still pick up a few protest votes, but the main body of their support would have no reason to vote Ukip. The establishment won't do it because they fear withdrawal from EU more than they fear Ukip. They know that fptp will exclude them from Westminster so they can continue to ignore us plebs even when Ukip top next years European elections.

I'm probably one of the very few people that would still vote Lib Dems in a general election.

As for today, I went by who was standing, not what party they were standing for. As it turned out he represented none of the parties mentioned ITT so far.

That article answers its own question re:the population rise - 1 in 6 people in the UK are 65 or older. Give it 25 years and a large majority of those people will no longer be with us and our population will even out, barring any major changes in birth/death rates. The birth rate in the UK is relatively low on a global scale - in fact a large proportion of births in the UK are in non-British families. Without immigration/migration (whatever you want to call it) we would be facing a population crisis like Italy where their ageing population (20.2% of the Italian population are 65+) will soon have a real effect on their labour force and also the levels of government spending on welfare and pensions.

You can talk about immigration being a bad thing, but ultimately we're always going to need immigrants for a variety of reasons. People complain that they're "taking British jobs", but the fact is that we've become accustomed to a very comfortable way of life here that people in other countries capitalise on. Nobody really grows up wanting to work a menial job, but we need people to work in those professions. People come to this country and perform the tasks that a lot of people feel are below them. Construction, sanitation, caring and nursing - these sectors have high levels of migrant workers because we're all wanting our cushy office jobs and fancy pushing a pencil for a living rather than a road drill. I'm one of those people, that's just what a lot of people expect now. You and a lot of others might not agree with it, but frankly that's been proven in Western civilisations like ours over time.

Also I did not vote today, and I will continue to abstain until there's somebody worth voting for.

UKIP are nutters that feed people very selective information, or just complete misinformation. Just capitalising on peoples fear.

Also I did not vote today, and I will continue to abstain until there's somebody worth voting for.

UKIP are nutters that feed people very selective information, or just complete misinformation. Just capitalising on peoples fear.

You should always vote, even if that means turning up and spoiling your ballot.

I think you should always vote for who you want to win. Not a fan of tactical voting at all, but then, neither am I a fan of 150 or so constituencies effectively deciding the balance of power.

If we must maintain a local link, we need to elect our MPs under a similar system to MEPs. Don't see why a Tory in Liverpool (for example) shouldn't have a say.

Likewise, felt guilty for not spoiling my ballot instead, but not so easy to take a reasonably pointless political stance when you have to tuck the kids in.

Problem I have is I would never vote Tory or Labour, and most certainly could never consider ever voting for a nasty party like UKIP. I refuse to vote Lib Dem until Clegg is replaced. Simply no sensible choice at the moment. Wish the Green party had a candidate in my area.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

People vote UKIP with some fear yes but also they remember promises by my party Labour concerning immigration numbers and the Polish and now with a possible huge number of Bulgarians and Romanians heading our way they are sceptical of possible numbers as are many experts, they simply dont know, we should control our immigration numbers because most of the Countries in the EU dont get the vast amounts of immigrants we do, sure per capita others Nations may of had more but other than Germany and France how many have they had?

Also how many other European Nations have more immigration from outside the Union than us?

Its only right and fair that a Nation should dictate its own immigration policy, its also only right and fair people are asked whether they wish to be in the European Union as I have never been asked either.

Big business benefits hugely (cheap movement of Labour and cheap exports) from the European Union so I expect huge opposition to what is rightfully ours in the first place (an adult discussion and vote) so remain sceptical, the British worker is the one that gets screwed with the driving down of wages through perceived far competition from abroad, grossly unfair when someone starts at £10 an hour and someone is used to earning £15 an hour.

Lastly when pro Europeans state we can move anywhere in Europe like others they mean this to be a bonus, our we going to sell our £300,000 houses (an example) an go and move to Romania, Portugal or France as an ecomonic migrant?

Its a poor argument as people come here with no money and send the money they earn home, we leave here with money and usually take it with us once we have earnt (retirement) it over a period of years.

The strain this puts at the lower end of the tier of housing is constant and hard for people lving here already.

... most of the Countries in the EU dont get the vast amounts of immigrants we do, sure per capita others Nations may of had more but other than Germany and France how many have they had?

Also how many other European Nations have more immigration from outside the Union than us?.

Here you go:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Europe

Turn out that only a few countries have taken significantly less proportionally than us, 11% of current population is about average.

Edited by Joensuu

its also only right and fair people are asked whether they wish to be in the European Union as I have never been asked either.

Above posted by Baz Sanchez

Nobody who is not in government in the UK has been asked if they want to be part of a European Union.

There was a referendum in the 70's to join the European Economic Community (Common Market). Which people allowed to vote voted for, all well and dandy not a problem with this the electorate spoke.

But when the Politicians decide to integrate further with no mandate from the people that is when it is wrong.

How can a person elected to Westminster to govern the UK by the people, decide that he/she will basically give that right to govern to a foreign entity based in a different country and allow them to change the laws of a country that they are not living in.

It beggars belief.

So when a family of refugees arrive from a war-torn country and claim legitimate asylum, what are we supposed to do ? Send them straight back ?

Surely they should request asylum from the first free country they reach not cross many other countries to get to the soft touch?

its also only right and fair people are asked whether they wish to be in the European Union as I have never been asked either.

Above posted by Baz Sanchez

Nobody who is not in government in the UK has been asked if they want to be part of a European Union.

There was a referendum in the 70's to join the European Economic Community (Common Market). Which people allowed to vote voted for, all well and dandy not a problem with this the electorate spoke.

But when the Politicians decide to integrate further with no mandate from the people that is when it is wrong.

How can a person elected to Westminster to govern the UK by the people, decide that he/she will basically give that right to govern to a foreign entity based in a different country and allow them to change the laws of a country that they are not living in.

It beggars belief.

We have an opportunity to influence the direction the country takes at general elections.

Since 1970, how many people have refused to vote for a party that didn't explicitly rule out further integration into Europe in their manifesto?

We have an opportunity to influence the direction the country takes at general elections.

Since 1970, how many people have refused to vote for a party that didn't explicitly rule out further integration into Europe in their manifesto?

Don't agree. Our form of democracy is just the chance to pick your dictators. The only exceptions to this are the u-turns led by mob rule. Not much influence at all, really.