Spurs by train

Valesaint

We normally drive to WHL but on Saturday we are going by train. Any tips, please.

The walk from Seven Sisters underground seems quite long.

Any decent real ale pubs near the ground?

What about getting away afterwards?

We are heading back to Waterloo as soon as we can.

COYS

Think we're planning on drinking around Liverpool street and then getting overground to white hart lane. About 5/10ins walk from stadium.

Pubs I have no idea but also interested! There is a Wetherspoons but being in London it would be nice to do better than that!

Ground guide says theres one pub with over 10 real ales not too far from the station.

Also there's a 4 min train from seven sisters to white hart lane that is covered in the travel zone (good old over ground) looks a sensible extra for the trip in general :)

Think we're planning on drinking around Liverpool street and then getting overground to white hart lane. About 5/10ins walk from stadium.

Pubs I have no idea but also interested! There is a Wetherspoons but being in London it would be nice to do better than that!

5/10 inches ,that is close :)

We normally drive to WHL but on Saturday we are going by train. Any tips, please.

The walk from Seven Sisters underground seems quite long.

Any decent real ale pubs near the ground

COYS

A good starting point could be a few pints in The Hole in The Wall right outside Waterloo.

Not going to win any Pub of The Year contests, but very convenient and usually has about 7 Real Ales on the go and does pub grub.

I haven't been in there for a few years but I'm pretty sure it won't have changed at all!! Beats the hell out of any more mainstream Plastic London pubs.

Certainly worth the effort in my mind before heading off closer to the ground.

Have you got me on ignore Erik? Did I mistype muthafuka? You want to be changing at Vauxhall, not Waterloo! From here you are on the Victoria Line and can go directly up to the ground more or less.

Oi less of the EriK, it's with a C, Mr ToCyo. I was offering a Pub with Real Ale as a part of the package!!

I'm a traditionalist and always went to London matches via Waterloo and used The Hole in The Wall as a starting point.

Back in the day, trains from Southampton didn't stop at Vauxhall, (do they now?) and I'd rather be changing trains on the tube with the next connection only minutes away,

rather than at some souless railway station when god know's when the next train will be arriving.

Anyway I'll be supping London Pride in The Barasti Beach Bar, ogling scantilly clad females as a decent distraction, if the match turns to crap.

Sorry Eric, been watching a lot of Viking recently and they are all called Erik, apart from Ragnar and Loci who are called Ragnar and Loci. I've got a mate call Marc, spelt with a C. He is also really hung up on the C bit, so much so he always says his name is Marc with a C. Most of the time he gets booked into hotels/restaurants etc under the name Mark Withersea.

I blame the parents. They must have known he'd spend most of you adult life worrying about a C.

Sorry Eric, been watching a lot of Viking recently and they are all called Erik, apart from Ragnar and Loci who are called Ragnar and Loci. I've got a mate call Marc, spelt with a C. He is also really hung up on the C bit, so much so he always says his name is Marc with a C. Most of the time he gets booked into hotels/restaurants etc under the name Mark Withersea.

I blame the parents. They must have known he'd spend most of you adult life worrying about a C.

You're forgiven!! at least you were closer than all the people who have called me Erico in the past !!

Get off at vauxhall not Waterloo and take the Victoria line from there to seven sisters, then change to the overground to wet fart lane and you are there.

That's exactly what we're doing. Few bevvies on the way up and a quick stop off somewhere along the way for another jar or two and we're sweet!

Looks like engineering works on the Liv St - Seven Sisters - WHL train line.

Get off at Seven Sisters and catch the 318 bus up Seven Sisters road - 15 to 20 mins.

No, there aren't any Engineering works. Trains scheduled to run as normal.

Usual London starting pub for us. The Harp at Covent Garden, opens at 10.30 and 10 real ales.

Less than 5 mins from my office (during the week!) and can confirm its still there and had some rare beers on earlier this week. This was the CAMRA national pub of the year a couple of years ago.

I'm surprised Turkish is posting in this thread. He only goes to away matches by Travel Club and dressed in a red and white jester costume.

I thought he was in the red and white badger costume with bell and hat?!?!

He only dresses like that for matches way up north or when we play Millwall.

Well I don't support his fashion choice, seeing as I am a supporter for the saints fashion police, but I admire his dedication to having more than one football outfit...