Sunderland vs Saints build up

Glasgow_Saint

Think we'll get a draw here, Sunderland may not play appealing looking football but they will fight and make the game scrappy which is something we need to show we can deal with more effectively. Problem is who do we play as the three behind Lambert? Davis/Rodriguez & ???

I might go for Puncheon, but he seems out of favour and I suppose he's more likely to get sent off in a feisty game. But he would run at the defence and could rattle them.

Otherwise, obviously the only other choice is Adam.

Punch to start with 2 others, probably Davis and J-Rod.

Lallana is barely contributing at the moment.

Lallana contributes some good stuff early on, trouble is neither he nor anyone else can finish any of it. Three or four things he did in the first half on Saturday should have brought definite goal chances but he can't shoot under pressure and no-one got onto any of the crosses. Lallana would be a different player with a really potent (at PL level) striker in front of him.

--------------------Boruc----------------

-----------Clyne---------Yoshi------------Fonte----------Shaw--------

-------------------Cork---------------Morgan--------

Punch-----------------------Davis-----------------------Lambert

-------------------------------J-Rod--------------------------------

-----------Clyne---------Yoshi------------Fonte----------Shaw--------

-------------------Cork---------------Morgan--------

Punch-----------------------Davis-----------------------Lambert

-------------------------------J-Rod--------------------------------

Lallana won't be dropped, don't know why anyone might think he would be.

it's not just that, they all want to stay up but he does some good stuff, just needs a finishing touch.

I know, it was a vague nod towards the people who don't think we have as much fight as the other teams just because they are happy to clobber the opposition into the stands.

As far as I'm concerned Lallana has to play. Yes, he can be frustrating at times (who can't) but he's capable of unlocking a defence with a piece of skill that no one else on our team could do at any moment.

1 goal conceded in 4 away games.

3 good seasons, league 1 to premier league and year after year of ignorant moaning. Every time I come on here I'm reminded why to avoid the place, and it's always you.

Such a waste of a good forum.

It's alright, something positive has happened tonight, so it's an alpine free zone. Until we lose the next game.

Put out some "experimental" players (e.g. Mayuka to start?).

#onthebeach

Probably goes without saying but Pochettino will want to finish as high up the league as possible so I don't see him deploying the fringe players, even if/when we're mathematically safe going into the last game.

I'm pretty confident on this one, if we can nulify spurs for almost 90 minutes I fancy our chances against a Sunderland side who have just struggled against the worst away team in the league and got beat 6-1 by Villa.

Sunderland have only scored 40 goals in the league.

Sessengon, Fletcher and Gardner have scored 24 of them and they will all be out for Saturday.

1 goal conceded in 4 away games.

3 good seasons, league 1 to premier league and year after year of ignorant moaning. Every time I come on here I'm reminded why to avoid the place, and it's always you.

Such a waste of a good forum.

Like many others have suggested in the past, just put him on "ignore" mate.

It makes reading the forum a far more pleaseant experience when you can simply divert the repeatedly unsubstantiated, negativity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320623/Paolo-Di-Canio-just-12-fit-outfield-players-Sunderland-fight-Premier-League-survival.html

Sunderland could ONLY have 12 players available for last game........

And have problems ahead of our visit.

Not appealing the Red Card for Gardner

Of the players he inherited from Martin O’Neill, Di Canio was already without long-term injured Lee Cattermole, Steven Fletcher, Wes Brown and Titus Bramble. They are all unlikely to return for the final two games.

That left defenders Phil Bardsley and Matt Kilgallon among the subs, plus Wales midfielder David Vaughan, who made a brief appearance as a replacement for Seb Larsson.

The Swede hobbled off in the dying minutes, along with England winger Adam Johnson, who will be protected for the rest of the week, ahead of the visit of Southampton on Sunday.

Di Canio said he had no arguments with referee Lee Mason’s decision to dismiss Gardner 33 minutes into Monday night’s 1-1 draw

Johnson is going to be alright as they took him off as a precaution.

He's the one player that we really need to fear as I've seen them on TV twice recently and he makes it all happen on the right flank.

Danny rose is a good player

Never write off Danny Rose, reckon he's got bags of goals in him! However I feel our weakness will be set pieces...as per

Pretty much the only good thing about both teams on Monday was set piece delivery, especially from corners. All Stoke's were fizzed across the 6 yard box excellently. Especially when compared to ours that come down with snow on.

Put out some "experimental" players (e.g. Mayuka to start?).

#onthebeach

I usually agree with your posts Bobby and certainly I think he should get a decent run off the bench but I really want to see us develop a winning mentality and that means putting sides to the sword. Sunderland have a got a huge number of players out and despite Di Canio's rhetoric they ought to be made to work very hard on Sunday by a hungry and dominating Saints. MP has dropped hints last week that new signings are in the offing so if a couple of first team players think we've cracked it and head mentally to the Maldives, they might find themselves on loan and playing at Oakwell in the NPC on a cold December afternoon because they can't get in the revised 16. So a repeat of the Spurs performance with more clinical finishing is the standard expected for both Sunderland and Stoke. Looking for at least 4 points out of 6 and so will MP and NC I'd imagine.