Wigan v Swansea

whelk

Draw tonight was perfect result for us if you consider there now missing 3 good players next week, i reckon it will be like our game vs Swansea boring and cancelling each other out, and will be a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, Wigan have there cup final some players wont go in fully in fear of injury.

If Swansea win, then all this panic would be for nothing.

Did anyone see them against WBA? How they won that was beyond me.did really well against City and Spurs and only got. Point though. Injuries taking toll and look nailed on tomorrow to win but don't think they will

Although they massively need the points' date=' I wonder whether any of the Wigan players will get "not going to injure myself before the Cup Final" syndrome tomorrow night? It would be greatly appreciated if they did... :D[/quote']

They won't - it's a nailed in win. Accept it and you won't be disappointed.

Everyone knows we never get helped out by another team messing up. This is so obviously a Wigan win, we aren't lucky enough for it to happen any other way. We'll have to do the job ourselves I think

Wigan need a win, this is their win or bust game. The pressure may be too much.

A draw or defeat and it's curtains for them. IMO.

They still have villa at home, norwich have WBA and Citeh so could easily not get another point.

Saints will be ok if they are above newcastle and/or norwich after the w/e fixtures.

You really dont want it to go down to the last game and the last minute like I did last season. I think saints are 90% safe at the moment. Im hoping its Norwich who go down.

Saints remain about 30/1 to be relegated.

Wigan have drifted to slight odds against (about 5/4).

Norwich remain about 3/1 and Newcastle about 9/2.

Sunderland have come in to about 6/1 (they were evens favourites to beat Stoke, so a draw and losing Gardner isn't great).

Villa are generally slightly shorter odds than Saints - about 25/1.

Apologies for those who think bookies odds are utterly irrelevant.

The Wigan v Swansea match will swing the odds hugely. For all the teams listed above.

Saints odds are ridiculous - if Wigan win tonight we are ONE point off the drop zone with an away game in the North East against a team who will treating the match as a "Champions League Final." I predict that we will be 17th on Sunday night, one point above Wigan. Norwich will have 41, Newcastle 41, Sunderland 41, Villa 41. We will have to beat Stoke on the final day.

The worry for me is that the other teams know they are in a scrap.

Whereas I get the impression Saints started to relax 3 or 4 games ago... people already starting to talk about next season, signing players on long term contracts, thinking about who are we going to bring in, talking about European football (fair play or CL or whatever)...

Please Saints, just one more massive effort at the Stadium of Light. Win that and we're home and dry.

Saints odds are ridiculous - if Wigan win tonight we are ONE point off the drop zone with an away game in the North East against a team who will treating the match as a "Champions League Final." I predict that we will be 17th on Sunday night, one point above Wigan. Norwich will have 41, Newcastle 41, Sunderland 41, Villa 41. We will have to beat Stoke on the final day.

What if we treat it as a champions league final too?

Whereas I get the impression Saints started to relax 3 or 4 games ago... people already starting to talk about next season, signing players on long term contracts, thinking about who are we going to bring in, talking about European football (fair play or CL or whatever)...

Please Saints, just one more massive effort at the Stadium of Light. Win that and we're home and dry.

This.

Seems perfect for Wigan tonight, a team with nothing to play for, can they handle the pressure?

If they don't win we'll be fine for sure.

I think they'll do enough tonight though, Michu out for Swansea.

The odds on us being in that position on Sunday night are 85/1 with William Hill. Yet you think a quote of 33/1 for relegation is "ridiculous"..........

Wigan have to win, they won't get anything against Arsenal at the Emirates when they are trying to get a champions league place.

They need 6 points from these 3 games really. Can't see Villa beating Chelsea, Norwich v West Brom could be any result. Newcastle should beat QPR away. Our game is then a massive 6 pointer, beat Sunderland and we are safe.

Last round of fixtures is in our favour, we have Stoke at home, Newcastle have Arsenal, Norwich are at Man City, Wigan and Villa play each other and Sunderland have Spurs away.

(BTW Fulham have Liverpool then Swansea away, it's quite conceivable that they could pick up no extra points)

If you go by the theory that Wigan win tonight then win at home against Villa. 41 points will keep you safe. We need one win or two draws really.

Edited by tajjuk

By that logic we were starting to relax half way through the season, as we've been signing players on longer contracts for ages.

To make the bell-ends, who abuse the likes of Turkish, Dalek and me when we express our opinions, eat their words.

Smirking_saint reckons we are "easily safe" :facepalm:

why would you want them to "eat their words"

That feels almost like you want them to be wrong?

Swansea win all but sees us safe in reality.

Think Wigan will win annoyingly.. but we know what we need to do at Sunderland. They don't score many so we have a good chance.

Of course Wigan will win. We have to do this. But I fear we will bottle it.

did you fear we would have bottled it end of last season, when we went to boro and lost?

Yes.

And lets face it, having led the NPC almost all year, in the end we staggered and fell over the finish line for promotion

We lost to Blackpool and Reading on the run-in. In fact someone pointed out we cheerfully hammered the bottom 2 thirds of the table, and lost most games against the top 6.