The ones that got away....

Saint Charlie

Our rise through the leagues has seen us linked with a number of players, some good and some truely awful. This thread is for the ones that got away.

Name: Tom Craddock

Position: Striker

Job he could have done: Fired in the goals to win us promotion from L1 if he signed from Luton.

Job he has done: Scored some goals for Oxford in L2.

Regret Factor: 1/10

118035.jpg

Name: Brian Howard

Position: Midfielder

Job he could have done: Given us some leadership and guile in midfield alongside Schneiderlin who is useless. Championed by those that know his brother (or something).

Job he has done: Injury prone journeyman pro, spell at P*mpey

Regret Factor: 2/10

Brian-Howard-was-captain--001.jpg

Michael Antonio - had the four qualities to make him a Saints fans favourite. Pace and being young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve. We were told he was excellent, far better than Puncheon and a future Premier league star. People ignored the fact that despite Have those 4 all important qualities he had little else. Last seen fight a championship relegation battle with Sheffild Wednesday.

Alexander Büttner - quicker and better than fox, could have given Lallana some competition, in reality shines the boots and gets a few cup/meaningless games at United because of agent fees.

Give him time. He wasn't brought in as a direct replacement to Evra, but an understudy.

Inigo Calderon has done ok at Brighton although lost his first choice status at RB once they got promoted. Top guy though, won the PFA FL Community Award and is doing a triathlon in the summer for a Sussex Childrens Hospice.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?278092-Inigo-Calderon-doing-triathlon-for-Chestnut-Tree-House-Childrens-Hospice

Michael Antonio - had the four qualities to make him a Saints fans favourite. Pace and being young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve. We were told he was excellent, far better than Puncheon and a future Premier league star. People ignored the fact that despite Have those 4 all important qualities he had little else. Last seen fight a championship relegation battle with Sheffild Wednesday.

Beat me to the punch, doesnt look like my prediction of a low to mid championship player at best was all that far away then ??!? Can he still just run ? And is he still technically not good enough ?

Other players

Elliot Ward ?

He was and always will be sh!t.

Trotter was always meant to be a done deal. I Liked him, not sure how he would have progressed with us but would have been an interesting player to have. Not sure he'l still be on the radar next year but would not be surprised to see him in the prem next season with somebody.

"Regret factor" 5/10. Not worht crying over but could'v been a decent player this year.

Beat me to the punch, doesnt look like my prediction of a low to mid championship player at best was all that far away then ??!? Can he still just run ? And is he still technically not good enough ?

Other players

Elliot Ward ?

Which was mine as well Bessie. I don't think the guarenteed improvement has happened yet, last I saw him he still had pace but his crossing was still as accurate and constant as a SKUD missile.

He was and always will be sh!t.

Bit harsh, he was okay when he was with us, but that was his level. Some people seemed to think he was going to be a world beater for some reason though, which seemed to be based on nothing more than being young and fast

Bit harsh, he was okay when he was with us, but that was his level. Some people seemed to think he was going to be a world beater for some reason though, which seemed to be based on nothing more than being young and fast

Just like De Ridder, Whats the point in being able to run fast down the wing, if your cross goes over the back of the goal every time. Ok impact player to come off the bench, but thats it.

Curtis Davies and Kasper Schmeichel - Jury still out for me. Always linked with a PL move, usually to newly promoted teams, but rarely anything concrete. Davies most recently linked with a move to Hull.

As good as people say, or is Championship their level?

Curtis Davies and Kasper Schmeichel - Jury still out for me. Always linked with a PL move, usually to newly promoted teams, but rarely anything concrete. Davies most recently linked with a move to Hull.

As good as people say, or is Championship their level?

I think, hope, Davies may finally have a chance to prove himself in the prem next term with all the nonsense going on at birmingham. You may be right that he may have found his level but i'd sure like to find out!

Lucas JukeBox who went to Boro, Sam Vokes Burnley ? , Drew Surman and Brian Howard - all based on the fact they they support Saints rather than how good they were!!

Add Wade Elliott and Brian Stock to that list as well. Stock was meant to be a real marque signing in 2010. Dare I say it, a real statement of intent.

that was what Alpine was saying after swansea winning last night

didn't need the gift of hindsight to realise that Wigan with a cup final on Saturday and a rag tag and bobtail defence might not be able to beat Swansea who are a very solid side. Swansea "still like Martinez" they said, however Martinez is history to them now, few players would have been there when he was manager and Laudrup certainly wouldn't give a toss.