Next years aims...

The aim will be survival again so 17th will be OK. I am sure that we will also have a 'yoyo' strategy should the worst happen.

17th in the Championship, presumably?

Having failed to secure 41-43 points this season, we're going down, right?

I would say 10th-8th if we sign 3-4 players that are required back up RB LB and Winger and CB if Forren is not up to scratch.

We could go higher and say 8th-6th this will happen if WBA lose lukaku Everton lose Moyes and these guys were not replaced.

I reckon Everton will definitely replace Moyes.

To indicate the difficulty of advancing up the league these days, below is an extract on an article to see if anyone can knock Man Utd of their perch now Fergie has left, which I think can be extrapolated to the whole league:

"Without oligarchs, sheikhs, American billionaires and huge broadcasting deals, the old top flight was far more unpredictable; in Ferguson's first five seasons at Old Trafford 10 different clubs (Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, United, Nottingham Forest, Norwich City, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Leeds United) finished in the top four. These days money has a far greater influence on the pecking order. Is it a coincidence that the clubs with the three highest wage bills in the Premier League – United (£162m), City (£202m), Chelsea (£173m) – are all in the top three?"

So unless there is the 3 or 4 players that make you sit up and say yes, good quality players in the right areas to upgrade, any advancement will be slow if we are depending on JWP and the other youngsters to take up the huge challenge with our current squad.