MLT goal from 1/2 way line disallowed

Saints boy in Leeds

I was there for that game! Last match of standing at the Dell IIRC. I have to be honest though, I have no memory of the goal you mention whatsoever, but certainly remember the Villa fans snapping the crossbar. Was indeed 4-1. The Milton was like a tidal surge that match.

I would guess it as being about 1994 or 1995??

Nick Holmes versus Watford in the cup (4-0, lost the 2nd leg 7-1). I remember listening on Solent from a hill in the north of France. I think the commentator suggested it was from the half way line?

Pretty close but not quite

It was the 93-94 season and we had two games left after that - Man Utd away (lost 2-0) and West Ham away, which we drew 3-3 after having to leave the pitch 3-2 up following a pitch invasion. I think this was the season we beat Norwich 5-4 at Carrow Road.

Don't remember any MLT disallowed goal from halfway though.

Nick Holmes versus Watford in the cup (4-0, lost the 2nd leg 7-1). I remember listening on Solent from a hill in the north of France. I think the commentator suggested it was from the half way line?

I was leaning against the diagonal fence under the west stand level with nick homes when he hit that, he was probably a few yards in their half.

4-0 up in the first leg. What could possibly go wrong?

4-0 up in the first leg. What could possibly go wrong?

I think I'm correct in saying that the 7-1 defeat in the second leg was the first game that Keegan didn't play in that season, as he was injured, leading to 'one man team' accusations. Even our goal was an OG I think.

I think I'm correct in saying that the 7-1 defeat in the second leg was the first game that Keegan didn't play in that season, as he was injured, leading to 'one man team' accusations. Even our goal was an OG I think.

To be fair, it was only 5 1 at full time. I think it was an OG and for some reason the name "Steve sims" comes to mind. Think I spent a bit too much time studying the results when I was a kid!

Beattie had a disallowed goal (offside) from almost the halfway line at the Dell. Think it might have been against Sunderland...

Indeed it was, the linesman initially thought Beatts was offside but he actually started his run in our half of the pitch so was onside. The brief wave of the flag was enough to convince the ref to blow the whistle though. Shame as it was a cracking finish, and we went on to lose the game.

I was on the Milton that day but don't remember the goal. I do remember one Saints fan on his own running on the pitch from the East terrace to confront the thousands of Villa fans on the pitch. It's the only time I recall an away fans pitch invasion.