Sunderland 1-1 SAINTS // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

I thought we were the better team and had far more chances.

MP's substitutions worked really well.

JWP looked real class when he came on.

The Sunderland keeper made 3 or 4 very good saves.

Another day we would have won that 3-1 or even 4-1.

Just enough. Any chance that they can indulge in some shooting practice & dead ball delivery practice?

This is all we need.

Watched a stream and we played really well for most of the game.

But truth is we need:

A new striker

Replacement for Hooveld

Take the captaincy off Lallana

Puncheon to start

Back up for Shaw.

Major issues to resolve for next season. The return of Gutless Saints needs to be addressed.

Gutless, we came from a goal behind to secure an away point and secure prem football for another year

How are this team gutless ?

Again Lallana out if his depth and manager is making mistake by not starting puncheon. I think we were as good under Adkins.

Agree about Punch. To me he was one of the best players in the 1st half of the season and surprised MP doesn't start with him. Would take Punch over Gaston on this season's performances.

Thank god for Puncheons quick reaction. I wanted us to win and then enjoy the relegation fight next week but we must hope that Wigan lose Tuesday to make it an easier day...

Shame the season is ending like this. Was looking so rosy not so long ago.

Well I guess we are safe but we are a long way off the dizzy heights of a top ten club. We really need some quality added in the summer which I am sure cortese will oblige too.

Well done punch I am not sure why you havnt been in the side ahead of our captain as you offer much more.

It's like when we got promoted out of L1 - it wasn't mathematically guaranteed because of the necessary goal-swing, but we all knew we had done it.

As for today's game, it was as frustrating as it has been for the last few weeks. Once again Lambert has a poor game and once again we look toothless up front. All the pretty possession football in the world counts for nowt if you can't stick the ball in the net.

While we clearly have the nucleus of a good side, major changes are needed in the summer if we are to progress.

Well I guess we are safe but we are a long way off the dizzy heights of a top ten club. We really need some quality added in the summer which I am sure cortese will oblige too.

Well done punch I am not sure why you havnt been in the side ahead of our captain as you offer much more.

We're not far off a top ten club. Fulham, West Ham/Brom, we're all pretty inconsistent and that's the only difference.

Typical, lots of possession, no end product whilst on top.

Should have won.

Safe, almost by default.

How does Lallana continue to start week in, week out is beyond me.

Defence ? Should have been sorted from January 2012, when we looked like heading to the Premier, but no.

Really cannot understand why Lallana is starting ahead of Punch, we took a major step up when he came on. JWP looks he's filling out and bulking up a bit - might be a surprise next year

Shaw and Clyne were very good again. Still feel Cork and Morgan get bullied far too easily and Rickie just looks like he's had it for the year, put in such a shift

That team wont be the 11 that starts next season, but 3 or 4 quality additions and we ought to kick on

If we'd taken half of our chances we'd have won easily, but yet again we didn't and we threw ourselves at the mercy of our own weak centre back pairing.

Not one of these players was brought here by Pochettino, so I'm delighted to have survived.

The real test of Pochettino will come in the Summer.

Major issues to resolve for next season. The return of Gutless Saints needs to be addressed.

I don't know why I indulge you, really I don't. We've just come back from a goal down at a side who are desperate for points to get a well-deserved draw, and you consider that gutless? You really are a special one Alps!

Reasonable first half followed by a crap 20 mins after HT and allowing them to get on top but only one team looked like they could win it after we equalised. Lallana, for me, should be dropped for Puncheon. Not only does he give us a better goal threat but he defends far better than AL. Lamberts also looking well off the boil how many times did the cameras show him having a mardy moment? All of this fades away against the back drop of although not mathematically safe, us staying up! Could still easily end up around 10th if results go our way next weekend! Get in lads thanks for not giving it up at 1-0 down!

The positive to take out of our stuttering end to the season is that Poch and Cortese will have seen the strenghtening and improvement that needs to happen to move us to the next level. If we has comfortably fininshed mid Table if only 5 of 6 points more then they may have been complacent and stuck more with what we have got.