Well done Saints

Batman

After an appalling start to the season

Despite what some posters say, the team have shown real guts and character to get safe without taking it to the final day

Been a cracking season with many players who really have out done themselves at times

Top effort

we had like what 4pts after 10 games? ****ing epic achievement yo!

And let in like 30 goals in that time

I find it incredible how someone like Alpine saint can call this team and our players "gutless"

After our start, we needed to have a top-10 2nd half of the season to be anywhere near safety, and thankfully - we've managed it.

If it wasn't for that awful start, we'd have had a similar season to that of Swansea when they were promoted.

Lots of positives to build on for next year, and lots of lessons learnt.

After our start, we needed to have a top-10 2nd half of the season to be anywhere near safety, and thankfully - we've managed it.

If it wasn't for that awful start, we'd have had a similar season to that of Swansea when they were promoted.

Lots of positives to build on for next year, and lots of lessons learnt.

Just find it incredible how one or two are saying this team is gutless

Over the last 3 years, that is one thing you cannot say about us.

Amazing achievement. Well done all round

Just find it incredible how one or two are saying this team is gutless

Over the last 3 years, that is one thing you cannot say about us.

Amazing achievement. Well done all round

I know who you're referring to, and it's so predictable that he's now gone completely silent. He was absolutely dying for us to lose today, he'd have been on 40 odd posts by now if we had. Hey, he even started a thread as soon as we conceded.

The guy is a clown, and this 2nd half of the season has been brilliant all be told. We are actually a proper premiership side now.

Yes congratulations.

We have had a bad run, but really that comes down to the WBA game. How did we lose that after the way Norwich demolished them ?

Why do you have to find a negative on such a fantastic day for all Saints supporters??????

Done with a game to spare, very pleased. Saturday can now be a day of relaxation and enjoyment.

May target for the year was purely survival so more than happy.

For next season would take a mid table Swanseaesque position.

agreed please to be wrong i always thought it would go to last game

The first team to lose their first 4 opening games of the season and still stay up. Job well done Saints.

We lost our first 5 in 98/99 and still stayed up, most media outlets seem to forget that though. League 1 promotion to Premier League survival in 3 seasons, Incredible.

We lost our first 5 in 98/99 and still stayed up, most media outlets seem to forget that though. League 1 promotion to Premier League survival in 3 seasons, Incredible.

The media seem unaware, also, of what a young side we have. We hear it about Villa all the time but both sides have a similar average age.

I for one would have settled for safety with a game to go. Since the 4-1 loss at West Ham when I thought the game was up we have played some great football. Some people need to appreciate the journey that we have been on in the last 3 years, unbelievable by any sensible expectation. Mind you I did doubt for a moment when Sunderland scored and I dashed to the wine rack. Seems to have done the trick.

Let's remember the part Nigel Adkins played in getting us where we are tonight. I'm not sure he had us as prepared as we might have been for the trials of this season, but he turned us into a competitive outfit by the time he left and he deserves a lot of credit for that.

I undertand the sentiment of your post, but I honestly think that all of us are still mindfull of Nige's contribution, and will never forget.........At least I hope that is the case.

I would describe it as satisfactory. It could have been a lot worse, but imo it could have been better.

and would have been if it hadn't been for Adkins f*cking up the goalkeeping situation last summer. I really cannot put too much emphasis on this. Davis was never a PL number one and Gazzaniga is a League 2 keeper. Gazzaniga cost us 4 points from schoolboy errors whilst we had the vastly better Boruc in the stands but Adkins didn't want anything to do with him because Davis was his binky.

Season not over yet, lets go out with a home win and if results go with us then finish in a position 100% of us would have taken at the start of the season, let alone after the awful start!!

Well done Saints, COYR.together as one.

The first team to lose their first 4 opening games of the season and still stay up. Job well done Saints.

Untrue. Saints themselves lost the first 5 and stayed up in 98/99. We are, however, the first promoted side to do that. But then I'm pretty sure we're also probably one of very few teams in Prem history to play 3 of the top 4 in their first 4 matches.

EDIT : In my faffing about with the predictor someone has already pointed this out. :(

We are 100% safe mate, fact

Except we're not actually 100% safe yet are we..... If Wigan beat Arsenal & Villa, Sunderland beat Spurs and Fulham don't lose to Swansea, then if we lose to Stoke by 12 goals more than Villa lose to Wigan by then we would go down.... Highly unlikely set of circumstances I agree but not 100% safe yet either... I'd say 99.999% though!! ;)

Awesome season with some decent wins against the big clubs along the way. Really can't complain.

Stoke next week can hopefully be an exhibition of the football we've been playing all season that has seen may plaudits.

Credit to NA for getting the ball rolling and MP for seeing it through.

Big transfer window coming up that will have a significant impact on our club for the next few seasons.

Except we're not actually 100% safe yet are we..... If Wigan beat Arsenal & Villa, Sunderland beat Spurs and Fulham don't lose to Swansea, then if we lose to Stoke by 12 goals more than Villa lose to Wigan by then we would go down.... Highly unlikely set of circumstances I agree but not 100% safe yet either... I'd say 99.999% though!! ;)

We are 100% safe, as if Wigan beat Villa then we will finish above Villa.

We are 100% safe, as if Wigan beat Villa then we will finish above Villa.

You quoted someone who gave you the (albeit very unlikely) reasons as to why we aren't. You can't just go bandying about 100% when it is not.

Fail!! It's 99.9999999999999%

Edited by kpturner