CCFC fan in peace

jimmyl

signed.

Have some good mates who are Cov fans and can't even bring themselves to talk about football anymore!

Very sad and could have been us.

The way the leagues allow "fit and proper" people to take over clubs based on debt and self interest is disgraceful.

Oh come come it is the administrator who takes these people on and luckily our administrator saw through SISU. They never did have ANY MONEY AT ALL!!!! Every one knew this litterally everyone! They had 10m of all borrowed money to 'buy' us with which was no use to man nor beast and about a quarter of what you need to sustain a football club like Coventry and pay debts. It was never going to work - never....unless they reached the prem but that can't happen without the capital! This was always a bad deal for Cov and I just can't see a way out without a wealthy investor...... Sorry but the ground is in an appalling location too which doesn't help. Handy for TEscos though..... Massive rethink needed......

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.Another City fan reminded me that you carried our SISU Out banner in the away end during our FA Cup clash and brought one onto the pitch during your celebratory promotion pitch invasion.I'm overwhelmed by your generosity, you're a credit to your club.
Ohhhh does that make us the bestest

I have a very good friend who is a CCFC STH, I always remember him taking me around to the Ricoh Arena a couple of weeks before it was due to open. Looking up at it then I couldn't but help feel just a little jealous as this looked like a club that was going places - future looked very bright. Very strange how, in a few short years, it can all got to rats sh it. Good luck CCFC - keep the faith, (we did..!) - Signed.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Another City fan reminded me that you carried our SISU Out banner in the away end during our FA Cup clash and brought one onto the pitch during your celebratory promotion pitch invasion.

I'm overwhelmed by your generosity, you're a credit to your club.

I held your banner in the away end on that game; I didn't have a ticket and I bought an away end ticket from a Coventry fan outside the ground and stood amongst a great bunch of people, they all knew I was a Saints fan and there was no bad feeling and we all left shaking hands.

Its an absolute disgrace what has happened to your club, I have a work colleague who is a Cov fan and he has kept me up to date with the goings on and he like you just feels so powerless.

Here's my idea start up an AFC Coventry and play in the Rioch on alternative Saturdays, encourage the fans to watch this team; creating a mass desertion and proving that a club is nothing without its fans. The happy ending is that SISU are then forced to sell then the fans can rejoin CC and disband AFC.

After Brighton the FL said this would not happen again and it is, they must be aware of what is going on, but do they care. Good luck with your fight.

Some great fans on both sides. Good to see two clubs having such an affinity with eachother. Loved this post:

Living on the Isle of Wight, whenever me and the missus fancy a quick trip "over the water" for a bit of retail therapy (her, not me!), we use the Red Jet. One particular Saturday, I decided to wear my old City top. The Red Jet was full of Southampton fans who live on the island and were going to a home match in the city. My missus thought we'd really get some stick for the whole journey. She couldn't have been more wrong. The half hour high-speed trip into Southampton Docks was brilliant! What great fans Southampton have! We were made to feel like celebrities! Just about every Soton fan chatted to us - mostly footy - but nearly every single one wished us all the best for the future! Best bunch of fans I've met! (apart from Cov!) Really pleased they stayed up!

Some great fans on both sides. Good to see two clubs having such an affinity with eachother. Loved this post:

Yep though I found this post amusing:

I genuinely have all the time in the world for The Saints. They really have been supportive of our plight. From the SISU Out banner in their end during the FA Cup Clash to the SISU Out banner on the pitch during their celebratory promotion pitch invasion.

It was so close to being them in this situation and stuck with this lot. I hope we'd be as accommodating and supportive had it been the other way round.

Of course if I was going to nit pick though, the least they could do is loan Danny Fox back!!

Edited by shurlock

Matt,

I never, in a million years thought you of all people would think that way.

However, let me tell you a story.

One day walking down a beach I saw a man leaning down picking up something and throwing it out to the ocean. Getting closer I saw they were starfish. I questioned his motives.

He said ‘the tide is low and these starfish have been washed up on the shore. If I don’t throw them back they’ll die from lack of oxygen.'

‘I understand, but there must be thousands on this beach and others along the coast. Can’t you see you can’t possibly make a difference?’

The man smiled, bent down and picked up another starfish and threw it back into the sea. He replied…’Made a difference to that one!’

Spot on mate, good luck ccfc , there but for the grace of leibherr go us

Yep though I found this post amusing:

Haha you've found our forum then.

Thanks guys. This is really helping up the numbers.

Today, after supposedly consulting the fans, 'the club' have confirmed we will not be playing at the Ricoh next season and they are already putting in place plans to build a new one which should be ready in 3 years time. We will groundshare in the meantime apparently.

You couldn't make it up. Well, they did.

Haha you've found our forum then.

Thanks guys. This is really helping up the numbers.

Today, after supposedly consulting the fans, 'the club' have confirmed we will not be playing at the Ricoh next season and they are already putting in place plans to build a new one which should be ready in 3 years time. We will groundshare in the meantime apparently.

You couldn't make it up. Well, they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gkqQr8QdnM

Update for all those who have helped:

Tonight we have received the following email from The Sky Blue Trust - the largest independent Coventry City Supporters organisation:

Dear Trust Member

In the last few days the Sky Blue Trust board has been shown clear proof that the “Golden Share” lies with CCFC Ltd and therefore the club should be being run by the Administrator Paul Appleton and not Tim Fisher and CCFC (Holdings) Ltd.

The Trust board has been alarmed and disappointed that Tim Fisher has complete disregard for the views and wishes of Sky Blue supporters and is still pushing ahead with plans for moving the club away from Coventry for a minimum of 3 years and building a new stadium. These plans can only become reality if SISU regain control of the club.

We believe these plans are flawed and would ultimately drive the club back into administration and possibly kill it altogether.

- For at least 3 seasons we would be playing “home” matches away from Coventry, in front of greatly reduced crowds and therefore revenue. Under FFP rules this could result in our playing budget being amongst the lowest in the division and could very easily lead to further relegation.

- Playing home matches away from home would alienate huge numbers of supporters who may simply never come back even if the club survived long enough to come back to the Coventry area.

- Such a plan would saddle the club with additional millions in unnecessary debt for years to come.

- Coventry play in Coventry not Walsall or Birmingham or in the Coventry area (Whatever that means!)

The plan is unnecessary, ill-judged, financially reckless and openly opposed by thousands of Coventry supporters. It could be the end of Coventry City.

The Trust board will be working with every means at its disposal including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company, thus avoiding the nightmare scenario outlined above. We understand there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that these bids are given precedence over SISU’s flawed plan.

Before we embark on this course of action we would like to know if you support us in it or not. Simply reply to this email and if you support the stance put YES in the subject line, if you don’t support it put NO in the subject line.

Speed is critical so we would like all replies in by midnight on Saturday May 25th We shall put plans into action based upon the results of the member’s wishes.

PUSB

Sky Blue Trust Board

Also, a tweet around an hour ago from a local reporter:

Les Reid: BREAKING: #CCFC administrator just declared @football_league golden share is with #CCFC Ltd. EIGHT bidders. More to come

Kind regards,

Jim