For Pedants .... are you a pedantic grammar type?

I strive to write English perfectly, I prided myself on it at school and was always top of the class in English, but I hate to say I did that quiz, and only got 6/10. Ergo I'm not as talented as I thought, and as a result I'm not going concern myself with comma's in the right place anymore. :-)

Yep, I got 8 out of 10 too. It's not all about application though, at least a couple of the questions rely upon a knowledge of grammatical terminology (which isn't strictly required in order to write perfect English).

Yep, I got 8 out of 10 too. It's not all about application though, at least a couple of the questions rely upon a knowledge of grammatical terminology (which isn't strictly required in order to write perfect English).

Did you have to do it 3 times like bear did? Or was it first go?

i got done cos i never knew hilary was dude - these is the sort of informations i'm always finding out too late! i also didn't know what gerunds is! I do now tho #educationbear

Lol, I failed that one too! How you supposed to know without seeing her? It's like blind date Bangkok, you pay your money, you take your chances.

i thought b!tch sounded like chick, i actually thought it might be someone i know. But then i hedged bets and said impossible to know without checking b!tches junk.

Thinking bout it I still think impossible to know cos the pimp trying to lay hilary on me could easily be lies. I understand this happens sometimes yo!

Are there actually dudes out there called Hillary? I thought it was a trick question, like "do you want to meet my mate, she is blonde, has big tits and a great personality".

I put the key bit in bold for you less experienced in trick questions.

Are there actually dudes out there called Hillary? I thought it was a trick question, like "do you want to meet my mate, she is blonde, has big tits and a great personality".

I put the key bit in bold for you less experienced in trick questions.

Sir Edmund?

8 out of 10

Some of those questions, such as the last one, test your vocabulary, rather than you're ability to use grammar correctly.

I would say most people could see why the sentence was wrong and could successfully rephrase it, showing excellent grammar, despite not knowing what "misplaced modifier" means.

Stuff the grammar police.

Can any of these jumped up gobby little squirts do anything else with their brain?

They are usually unable to put a shelf up or assemble even the simplest IKEA kit...

Dyslexics rule!

I have met too many of these prats in my life.

9/10

I don't like the construction of number three, which is poorly phrased with or without the comma. I also disagree with the one about the chair. 'I was sat in the chair' is perfectly correct in a wider context, e.g. 'When I was very young my mother took me to the dentist and I was sat in the chair'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22512744

I'm a 'promising pedant' according to this, but please don't tell the police! :p

As someone who regularly corrects people on their spelling and grammar (to a point), I can only put my 7/10 down to a lack of familiarity with some of the terminology and not actually being taught much grammar in that way. I also want to take issue with the implication of the comma in the question regarding brother/s and sister.

Agree re: "sat in the chair" as well, though I got it right anyway.

Can any of these jumped up gobby little squirts do anything else with their brain?

They are usually unable to put a shelf up or assemble even the simplest IKEA kit...

Dyslexics rule!

FWIW your sentence construction there wouldn't give many people problems. It's the people who can't construct a sentence without ambiguities, leaving me having to deconstruct it for 5 minutes, that I have a problem with.

Dyslexics rule!

Sorry to be a pedant, but shouldn't that be 'dyslexics lure'?

I am 96th percentile at problem solving

6th percentile at spelling.

I can program in hexadecimal

I can design and mend most things

I have dreadful facial recognition skills

However my work is written off by most academics who read my work with the red pen in hand!

People who can't read through a sentence where the wrong two,to or too is used.

Some of them are more disabled than me!