That Cortese Song

st_tommy

Please please please can we change that awful Cortese song or at least the last line. I cringe when it starts up. I'm quite certain (although i haven't spoken to him personally) that hating Pompey isn't at the forefront of his thoughts. I suspect he couldn't care less about them, or any other club for that matter, one way or another. Anyone else agree? How about

Cortese woooooOOh

Cortese woooooOOh

He comes from Italy

He'll make us Champions League!

Come on guys let's give him a song to be proud of

Please please please can we change that awful Cortese song or at least the last line. I cringe when it starts up. I'm quite certain (although i haven't spoken to him personally) that hating Pompey isn't at the forefront of his thoughts. I suspect he couldn't care less about them, or any other club for that matter, one way or another. Anyone else agree? How about

Cortese woooooOOh

Cortese woooooOOh

He comes from Italy

He'll make us Champions League!

Come on guys let's give him a song to be proud of

Just play the theme from the "Godfather"

Back on 1984 when Alan Woodford was the talk of the city and the paper versions of On the March was full of letters praising him we all used to sing

'Alan Woodford- the greatest chairman alive

Whilst he's here saints will always thrive

Alan Woodford he's the man for us

In him we will always trust

To the tune of Rule Britannia.

Back on 1984 when Alan Woodford was the talk of the city and the paper versions of On the March was full of letters praising him we all used to sing

'Alan Woodford- the greatest chairman alive

Whilst he's here saints will always thrive

Alan Woodford he's the man for us

In him we will always trust

To the tune of Rule Britannia.

Hilarious.

Being as Saints fans like to "borrow" songs from other clubs, maybe we could follow the lead of some other clubs and what they sing about their CEOs? The trouble is, I'm not sure what they are. Anyone?

What do Man United fans sing about David Gill?

What have Man City previously sung about Garry Cook, and now Ferran Sorriano?

What witty ditties do Chelsea have about Ron Gourlay? Or Arsenal about Ivan Gazidis?

These are the more successful teams in the Premier League, so I think we should look to them for inspiration. If anyone knows the words to the songs these lot get sung about them, maybe we should post them up here and get learning.