Season Tickets 2013/14

Saint Garrett

I would be fascinated to hear any premier league clubs explanation for a increase in the cost of tickets, taking in to account the huge increase in tv revenue. Think I saw a quote somewhere that was something like 'season tickets could be reduced by an average of £300 and clubs would still have the same amount of income'

I would be fascinated to hear any premier league clubs explanation for a increase in the cost of tickets, taking in to account the huge increase in tv revenue. Think I saw a quote somewhere that was something like 'season tickets could be reduced by an average of £300 and clubs would still have the same amount of income'

A great point and it'd be lovely to see but there is one overriding factor in football that will ensure that doesn't happen: Greed.

Be interesting to see how many people are renewing if anyone can do a poll. Also have friends who would like to renew their season tickets but due to not being able to attend Monday night, midweek and Sunday games (due to working away) are reluctant to renew so are looking for others or schemes available to share a season a ticket.

I thought some clubs were able to give season tickets away for free and still make more money with the tv revenue increase next season.

I get to a lot of games from friends who have a season ticket but cannot go (such as yesterday for instance.) Coupled with every game being on TV (and the few I do pay for such as QPR being a total waste of money) it makes little economic sense for me to get a season ticket (I had one when we were in league one though.)

Just done a quick bit of research and it seems as though several similar sized clubs to Saints - West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland and Villa - are freezing prices for next season. Fulham have £399 adult tickets available in all stands for the second season in a row. Norwich and West Ham have made an 8 - 10% increase. Hopefully we'll end up with a similarly small increase and perhaps some sweeteners like the free shirts that Fulham give to junior season ticket holders.

This season I've been a seat traveler (normally seats taken) only having missed 3 games at home. Majority of games in Kingsland north, Itchen once, Chapel yesterday and 3 other games. So next season I'm getting a season ticket for me and my lad (U17) in Kingsland north corner but I've no idea how much it's going to be as the prices might well take a hike being in the Prem a 2nd season.

I wonder if anyone will remain on their boycott against the Adkins sacking next season?

Is anybody on one of these said boycotts?

More to the point, if anyone is, how are you aware if it being as you only joined this site in April?

Is anybody on one of these said boycotts?

More to the point, if anyone is, how are you aware if it being as you only joined this site in April?

heard people on talksport, at the time of adkins sacking saying they were not going to go anymore. They do talk saints now and then on national media outlets.

Just curious if anyone made such claim on this place.?

I get to a lot of games from friends who have a season ticket but cannot go (such as yesterday for instance.) Coupled with every game being on TV (and the few I do pay for such as QPR being a total waste of money) it makes little economic sense for me to get a season ticket (I had one when we were in league one though.)

Go you!

heard people on talksport, at the time of adkins sacking saying they were not going to go anymore. They do talk saints now and then on national media outlets.

Just curious if anyone made such claim on this place.?

No, they didn't. Everyone on here is super-loyal.

Why are people resigned to an increase? I've not had a pay rise for 5 years, inflation is still quite low, there's a recession on but when it comes to football - which earns a fortune from telly rights - people seem to think it'll be acceptable if the increase is "only" 10% or less than £100.

If there's any increase at all I'll have to think seriously about renewing. There's very little benefit to a season ticket apart from convenience these days and the club should think very seriously about where it pitches prices this year.

Why are people resigned to an increase? I've not had a pay rise for 5 years, inflation is still quite low, there's a recession on but when it comes to football - which earns a fortune from telly rights - people seem to think it'll be acceptable if the increase is "only" 10% or less than £100.

If there's any increase at all I'll have to think seriously about renewing. There's very little benefit to a season ticket apart from convenience these days and the club should think very seriously about where it pitches prices this year.

It's an entirely fair point but it comes down to supply and demand. Since January time the stadium has seen a majority of home sell-outs. So while demand outstrips supply there is either a case for expanding the stadium, or by maximising revenues with increased ticket prices, clearly a much easier and cheaper option to implement.

Interesting to see when they will actually become available. The announcement of details is much earlier than previous years and assuming they go on sale equally as early, does that tell us anything about our cashflow?

Interesting to see when they will actually become available. The announcement of details is much earlier than previous years and assuming they go on sale equally as early, does that tell us anything about our cashflow?
The cynical sie of me thinks it'll be about trying to cash in on Cortese's/the club's announcement at the end of last week.

Perhaps it tells us that they've listened to previous criticism of prices and payment schemes being announced too late (or not at all) and have decided to be a bit more customer focused in this regard.

The cynical sie of me thinks it'll be about trying to cash in on Cortese's/the club's announcement at the end of last week.

The last two years when we have had to wait ages, were both at times when demand couldn't have been higher and people desperately waiting to buy one.

The last two years when we have had to wait ages, were both at times when demand couldn't have been higher and people desperately waiting to buy one.
You're right, but I think demand is probably higher now than ever, will know more when we see what is atually being offered in terms of prices and buying windows.

Perhaps it tells us that they've listened to previous criticism of prices and payment schemes being announced too late (or not at all) and have decided to be a bit more customer focused in this regard.

Possibly, but I think it evolved around the fact that our financial year ends in June (I believe) and what year they wanted that revenue to show in. If they do indeed go on sale earlier, then this year it suggests they want the revenue to show in this years (This is just guessing by the way).................. which might make this years figures appear a bit more healthy and anyone who was bonused on such things, might do very well.

I am not sure when the financial fair play rules come into effect, or whether this would have any baring on it.

It's not about revenue as the revenue will be deferred across next season. If anything it is about getting cash into the club, if you are cynical enough to think like that.

It might just be the fact the club has listened to the fans and giving people longer to pay the ST off and while the feel good factor is still here it gets more season tickets sold.

Enjoyed the season, but I don't see any reason for a rise. I intend to moan a lot if there is one.

I wonder if my seat will magic itself closer (reclassify) to the centre again, like it did last summer, to give them an opportunity to put the price up even further.

Out of interest did any non season ticket holders have any problems getting home or away tickets (and I don't mean because you left it too late)

Are Pompey really doing this ???

Pompey are honouring the Life STs they sold to some sort-of daft sods before the last time they were in admin and desperately needed some cash, even though they decided against doing the same for the millions of pounds they owed in tax to the public purse. It is of course the ONLY thing they've honoured, and it's costing them a few grand in STs from the kind of silly bugger who'd pay to watch them in League 2 anyway, who nevertheless is theoretically getting to see them for free forever.

The point being made by Saint_clark, however, was that due to the new tv deal giving all clubs about another £20m minimum in the Prem next season, they could choose to let everyone in for free, and still make as much money as they did this season because the difference is absorbed by the tv/prize money.

We can only hope that's the reason. The cynic in me thinks it's because there's a huge price hike coming and they want to give people an extra month to get the money together, but I also can't see what justification there is for any price rise - if anything the excitement was more for this season than next, when it starts to get "samey" again. That usually affects demand, but also frees up some seats for casual fans. Of course as ever, new signings are a spike for the feelgood factor needed when it comes to making a significant financial commitment, which an ST is for many.

Edited by The9

I think it's more a question of being certain which division we're in, which may also have had a bearing on Cortese's situation.

I think the club would have kept the same prices as this season in place for the Championship, more matches than this season to cover the overall cost, people adjusted to new levels, and a better squad than 2011/12's successful year.

Be interesting to see how many people are renewing if anyone can do a poll. Also have friends who would like to renew their season tickets but due to not being able to attend Monday night, midweek and Sunday games (due to working away) are reluctant to renew so are looking for others or schemes available to share a season a ticket.

Interesting that there a couple of mentions of this situation already. Last summer, when I posted a few times seeking someone who might be keen to share tickets for games I could not make, the only replies I got where of the sceptical variety (who holds the tickets / how will you get them back / how can you decide who goes to which game? etc). No takers though.

I have given my seats away a few times this season. Going to have think carefully about renewing

that was enough though, perhaps it was 2 years ago that some old timer fron Andover or Alresford went on and on and on about it on every possible thread.

Yeah, the year before included "changing the Seniors age threshold" amongst such other dubious pleasures as removing the free u-11 tickets, introducing new ticket taxes and the "1 week to get the money together" window. :facepalm:

I think last year was just "Prem prices and moving people out of block 4" ?

Interesting that there a couple of mentions of this situation already. Last summer, when I posted a few times seeking someone who might be keen to share tickets for games I could not make, the only replies I got where of the sceptical variety (who holds the tickets / how will you get them back / how can you decide who goes to which game? etc). No takers though.

I have given my seats away a few times this season. Going to have think carefully about renewing

I did the same and also had no takers so this year, after having to sell my tickets on for so many, but not all, the games I couldn't make I'll have to let them go.

So is this something the club/ticket office could do or offer a scheme which emcompasses something along these lines, I am sure Arsenal offer a scheme whereby if a ST holder cannot make a game they offer the available seat to members or buy back the seat from the ST holder.

Anyone else reckon the club should install memberships again? Surely easy money for the club. £20 a pop...?

I really wish you hadn't posted that! You do know that Old Nick reads this forum and he is now bound to bring that in! Bu&&er.