Season Tickets 2013/14

Saint Garrett

Sensible prices from Saints. Still, football costs way too much.

Shame, would love to see the German pricing structure implemented here.

BJMkbHdCQAAcXSu.png

With 70,000 for every home game they can afford to be generous.

1 free under 11's ticket with 2 adults in the family section. Wasn't this one free with one adult last season?

Overall prices are pretty much what I expected.

It was 1 free under 11 with 2 adults last season... however, this year's terms state

"Family Stand Season Ticket (additional Terms)

1.38 Supporters under the age of 11yrs at 31st July 2013 are entitled to 1 free Season Ticket in the Family Stand when purchased with a Full paying Adult Season Ticket in the Family Stand.

This isn't what is stated in the advertising blurb....

Last year I had to buy an U17 ticket for my 9 year old and an U11 for the 8 year old - because only 1 U11 per adult ticket was allowed...

So, might be cheaper this year !!

It's not "sensible" pricing at all. It's sensible if you compare it to last season yes, but why does it NEED to go up? Clubs are making much more money from this TV deal so what's the need to squeeze every last penny out of its fans? To watch football it's an obscene amount of money. Still, I'll be renewing like the mug that I am.

It's not "sensible" pricing at all. It's sensible if you compare it to last season yes, but why does it NEED to go up? Clubs are making much more money from this TV deal so what's the need to squeeze every last penny out of its fans? To watch football it's an obscene amount of money. Still, I'll be renewing like the mug that I am.

You answer your own point

Have you looked at the prices of all the London clubs? I count myself happy that tickets aren't as expensive as some of the other clubs.

Realistically, that's all we can compare it to.

It was 1 free under 11 with 2 adults last season... however, this year's terms state

"Family Stand Season Ticket (additional Terms)

1.38 Supporters under the age of 11yrs at 31st July 2013 are entitled to 1 free Season Ticket in the Family Stand when purchased with a Full paying Adult Season Ticket in the Family Stand.

This isn't what is stated in the advertising blurb....

Last year I had to buy an U17 ticket for my 9 year old and an U11 for the 8 year old - because only 1 U11 per adult ticket was allowed...

So, might be cheaper this year !!

You're right, that is indeed what it says in the t's and c's. I'd get down there quick and snap them up if that's your situation cos I reckon that's a mistake that they will rectify soon.

You're right, that is indeed what it says in the t's and c's. I'd get down there quick and snap them up if that's your situation cos I reckon that's a mistake that they will rectify soon.

I'll get stung by that next season. Last year my dad and I got adult season tickets, and a free one for my son. This time round my dad has turned 65 so gets a concessionary rate (back to where he was a few years ago before they changed it from 60 to 65!) but that means I'll now need to buy my son a seat. Across the 3 seats we've probably saved money, but dad will save while I pay £150 more. :(

Have you both considered getting one, going to all the games you can and giving the ticket to friends/family when you can't go?

Yes but most people I know would be going anyway and I don't know many people who would travel from Kent to Southampton for a game of football, even with a free ticket.

Down on last season so guess got to be happy. Thought it would go up by a **** ton.

However I do think something needs to be done about bringing the cost of football down in England, like what happened in Germany. Gates don't bring in the money like they used to. It is a drop in the ocean in comparison to the tv revenue. Makes far more sense to increase stadium sizes and drop match prices by a lot. Having a full big stadium with a good atmosphere makes a far better viewing experience again like in Germany.

To put the cost into perspective say a new person wants a ticket and wants just a normal centre ticket that's £710. 19 games at 90mins = 1710 minutes of football. That is 42p per minute you are paying. When you look at it like that you can't help thinking what a rip off that is.

I'm happy enough with that, thought it'd be more than £604. I missed 8 home games this season due to working up and down the country, but never failed to sell my ticket to a friend or friend of a friend so wasn't out of pocket. Will renew and do the same next season.

Better team = Higher ticket price

Let's hope they justify it with a good summer transfer window.

20000 (ish) season tickets at an extra £25 (ish) each is only £500k in extra revenue, which is loose change when talking about buying better players at Premier League level.

So Man Utd have the most expensive season tickets do they?

It is one of a number of factors, affluance of the catchment area would be another. Saints' prices are above most midland and northern Premier League clubs but are still below that of most London Premier League clubs. That makes sense does it not? London is the most affluent place in the country, then the surrounding counties in the south east, then the rest. If Cortese really does have the funding to turn Saints into a top 7, top 6 or even better club then it makes business sense to align prices based on such factors.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Members of staff who have sat with members of their family have been told that they can no longer do this, they now got to sit in the corporate area.
What does this mean? Members of staff used to get free tickets wherever they wanted in the ground and now they can only sit in the corporate sections?

What does this mean? Members of staff used to get free tickets wherever they wanted in the ground and now they can only sit in the corporate sections?

I know that this season some members of staff got given 2 tickets per home game; typically around blocks 2-3. Perhaps there's a change afoot for next season; I shall certainly have to verify this for, er, educational purposes......

Probably why there was a few gaps despite "sell outs" being advertised. That Man Utd game was a joke

I know that this season my mate's 2 staff tickets have stayed empty as many times as they've been used.

Not next season though....

I know that this season some members of staff got given 2 tickets per home game; typically around blocks 2-3. Perhaps there's a change afoot for next season; I shall certainly have to verify this for, er, educational purposes......

Probably why there was a few gaps despite "sell outs" being advertised. That Man Utd game was a joke
Yeah those empty seats were a joke, plus doesn't really help the atmosphere around the Itchen North.

Yes but most people I know would be going anyway and I don't know many people who would travel from Kent to Southampton for a game of football, even with a free ticket.

What the club could offer is a seat exchange where you can sell your seat for a game at the ST price if you cant go.

One area where the club is making a huge increase is in the centre blocks on u17 renewals. My son's renewal in block 34 as a 10 yr old last season was £184. This season his ticket as an u17 would be £446. Think this is really unfair. I know it has to go up but this is an increase of over £250!

I know prices always go up but I'm not happy that the price has gone up AGAIN. when will prices hit the ceiling or become unaffordable for normal fans. We are not millionaires and £709 is a lot of cash!

Prices like £709 and £604 are classic. Take a leaf out of retailers books and make it £699 and £599.. Always keep it just the right side of the round hundred!

I know prices always go up but I'm not happy that the price has gone up AGAIN. when will prices hit the ceiling or become unaffordable for normal fans. We are not millionaires and £709 is a lot of cash!

You could save yourself £100 straight away and move to the wings, there's not a bad view in the place.

But club's need to tread careful with these prices because you can watch any Premier League game these days from the comfort of home or down the pub and save yourself a small fortune in these tougher times. OK you won't get that live/being there atmosphere but that's pretty sh*t at many grounds these days anyway and quite often better in the boozer!

I'll still go tho, it's what I do on a Saturday(ish) afternoon and have done for 40-something years, can't see it changing.

So is this something the club/ticket office could do or offer a scheme which emcompasses something along these lines, I am sure Arsenal offer a scheme whereby if a ST holder cannot make a game they offer the available seat to members or buy back the seat from the ST holder.

If only....

And also, when games are transferred at the whim of TV coverage, ST holders lose out if they can't make the re-arranged date(s) while the club rakes in the TV money. This surely must be mis-selling.

You could save yourself £100 straight away and move to the wings, there's not a bad view in the place.

But club's need to tread careful with these prices because you can watch any Premier League game these days from the comfort of home or down the pub and save yourself a small fortune in these tougher times. OK you won't get that live/being there atmosphere but that's pretty sh*t at many grounds these days anyway and quite often better in the boozer!

I'll still go tho, it's what I do on a Saturday(ish) afternoon and have done for 40-something years, can't see it changing.

Totally agree. Am considering the £654 or the wings but I like my seat and the people around me. Hmmmmm.

It no longer seems possible to transfer renewed ST seats after 21st June, so it is not possible to sit with friends or family who can't purchase new ST tickets until 1st July.

Not happy with that.

When they buy new ones, they'll just have to ask for a seat as close as possible to yours.

Whilst the increase in my season ticket is not as steep as i thought it would be, i do think that there will become a point where fans will stop paying these increases year in year out.

I know certain people who aren't renewing as they can get to watch all Saints games in the pub, or on the internet.

Now with BT getting involved, and who knows what other internet service providers will do the same, that offer games as part of their broadband package they are already paying for, they may just stay away for good. Once you get in the habit of not going to live games it can be difficult to start again.

There may come a point where football clubs will need to lower their prices to attract people in to make the atmosphere for the TV.

I know this is probably wishfull thinking but times are hard at the momment, and I can not see them getting better for some time.

Stlll shocked the club, St Mary's, hasn't found a way to recreate the Chocolate Boxes in a modern way for the kids. This is the way forward for all clubs if football is to survive. I guess it won't come about till someone gets safe standing pushed through.

We could simply remove the first three front rows all round the stadium and replace the seats by benches to accommodate the kids at a cheap rate.

The tickets they get are not free but part of their wage structure.

Bayern Munich charge £104 for an adult season ticket in the standing section...

Their President said this:

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

That's the biggest difference between us and England."

EDIT: Just seen someone else has already posted this. Nevermind!

Bayern Munich charge £104 for an adult season ticket in the standing section...

Their President said this:

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

That's the biggest difference between us and England."

EDIT: Just seen someone else has already posted this. Nevermind!

As you say, nevermind, certainly no harm in showing that again.

It should be sent to the FA and every Chairman in this country.

We could learn a thing or two from these German fellas.