Season Tickets 2013/14

Saint Garrett

heard people on talksport, at the time of adkins sacking saying they were not going to go anymore. They do talk saints now and then on national media outlets.

Just curious if anyone made such claim on this place.?

Of course you did. Weird coincidence that you happened to mention boycotts directly after my post when that was the exact conversation I had numerous times with delldays this season. Must just be all a massive coincidence though clearly.

I would be fascinated to hear any premier league clubs explanation for a increase in the cost of tickets, taking in to account the huge increase in tv revenue. Think I saw a quote somewhere that was something like 'season tickets could be reduced by an average of £300 and clubs would still have the same amount of income'

Personally I will renew but I bet you a pound to a penny that they go up by about £50 which cannot in my mind be justified.

Rumour, originally on twitter, reposted on fb (but really can't see this being true at all) - someone said season tiks won't be available in all areas, only certain blocks, so some people may not get their seat next season. Anyone heard anything about this rubbish?!

So is this something the club/ticket office could do or offer a scheme which emcompasses something along these lines, I am sure Arsenal offer a scheme whereby if a ST holder cannot make a game they offer the available seat to members or buy back the seat from the ST holder.

I am sure they could. Seeing as Barca are the model to aspire to on the pitch, we could do worse than follow their example off it with spare season tickets. They offer a detailed online resale option, after all "normal" tickets are sold, when season ticket holders who cant make the game release their seats back a week or so beforehand. The club keeps some of the sale proceeds, for sorting out the sale / ticket collection, and the original season ticket holder gets the rest. Result all around

No! They are getting more than enough extra funds for next season.
I wouldn't be "happy" to pay anymore, but its basic market forces - the club will chrge whatever it thinks people will pay, just because the club is getting more tv money, so are all other clubs.

There's a lot to be said for treating your support well though, increasing loyalty and creating future generations of fans. Not pricing out countless families, taking higher revenues during the good times then wondering where the hell everyone is during the more difficult times.

It's great to see it full, but I find it annoying there were so many empty seats in the lower leagues at lower prices. I was just as happy to go to games then and see us win. It was the empty stadium that lessened it, not the fact we weren't playing Man Utd.

I agree with all of that. Just saying the increased TV revenues will not make any difference, as in many ways the club isn't any better off, as all our competitors are getting the same/similar increase in income.

I agree with all of that. Just saying the increased TV revenues will not make any difference, as in many ways the club isn't any better off, as all our competitors are getting the same/similar increase in income.

Seeing as most clubs seem to source their players from overseas now, it makes a difference compared to international wages and makes it easier for Prem sides to attract non-English based players, but agreed the raising of the bar across the Prem won't affect our competitiveness with the other sides (except the promoted teams).

you'd hope less reliance would be put on ticket revenue with tv income being so high , I did think on Sunday if the players had put that bit more effort in to get the win we could have got another £1.5M from finishing a couple of places higher up the league , it makes you wonder is it really good business practice to squeeze a loyal customer base for more cash when the net result in income doesn't make much difference.

southampton has seen big job losses in a number of main employers so people will be impacted by price rises.

you'd hope less reliance would be put on ticket revenue with tv income being so high , I did think on Sunday if the players had put that bit more effort in to get the win we could have got another £1.5M from finishing a couple of places higher up the league , it makes you wonder is it really good business practice to squeeze a loyal customer base for more cash when the net result in income doesn't make much difference.

southampton has seen big job losses in a number of main employers so people will be impacted by price rises.

Indeed, but just to add a little context a 5 million signing on a 3 year contract at 50k a week, costs more than we would get from 22,000 season tickets (Or even 25,000)

My nipper isn't going to be able to make as many games this season as last, my eldest wants to go to the games that he misses (as he cant afford a S/T himself) . Do you know if they allow you to pay game by game to upgrade child's season ticket to an adult ticket? Has anyone done this?

Indeed, but just to add a little context a 5 million signing on a 3 year contract at 50k a week, costs more than we would get from 22,000 season tickets (Or even 25,000)

so the fans don't pay the players...the Premier League does, a sobering thought for those who consider themselves "customers".

In fact Joe Public gets to see what someone else pays for at a cut price.

so the fans don't pay the players...the Premier League does, a sobering thought for those who consider themselves "customers".

In fact Joe Public gets to see what someone else pays for at a cut price.

If you don't think clubs would be bothered if they lost a large chunk of matchday income you'd be mad.

My nipper isn't going to be able to make as many games this season as last, my eldest wants to go to the games that he misses (as he cant afford a S/T himself) . Do you know if they allow you to pay game by game to upgrade child's season ticket to an adult ticket? Has anyone done this?

Yes I'm sure you can do this LD but best check with the TO first

Yes. Upgraded child's season ticket to adult several times this season. However you have to attend the ticket office in person with the season ticket.

And doesnt that just tell you everything about todays football? £50,000. every. single. week.

Wouldn't it be good of the club if they came out and said due to the extra tv revenue next season we will freeze all ticket prices!

It would be a good gesture and wouldn't cost much in the scheme of things.

A quick calculation with 'top of the head' figures (those in the know please correct) 22,000 season tickets x average of £400 (including childs concessions etc.) = 8,800,800. If they increased prices by 3% (inflation) then it would net them only another £264,000. If prices were frozen less would be likely to cancel and more may be tempted to get a season ticket, resulting in more up front money to the club.

Ah well done Trousers sir ! :toppa:

A payment plan provided by Zebra Finance can be applied for online. This can be paid interest-free over a period of ten months, and a £50 admin fee is applicable. Please read our Season Ticket Terms & Conditions for further details on payment plans.

Edited by Saint Garrett

Am I reading that right that there is no ticket tax if you buy at the tik office? Last year it was only if you paid by cash that there was no add on. Also student discounts not within the concession price this time? Seems only to be over 65s, under 17, 17-21 etc.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 1m

Starting in 2013/14, Season Ticket Holders will be entitled to a 10% discount in the Saints Megastore and WestQuay Saints Store. #saintsfc

Nice idea. That will offset the increase for many.

Nice idea. That will offset the increase for many.

I'd have to spend £300 in the megastore for the discount to offset the increase in price can't see it being the case for many!!