The Joiners

Golden Balls

As many of you know they were in some serious financial trouble (not sure if they still are?) but they recently won the regional vote as the best small venue. They are now up for the national vote. I'd imagine winning this could really help them out in some way by getting acts and customers in etc

http://www.nme.com/smallvenues/vote

I have absolutely no affiliation with Joiners, just love the venue.

If I know one thing, it's that this forum has a brilliant ability to swing votes certain ways. Get voting!!

I've stuck it on my FB wall too, will probably be 50/50 between Joiners and Le Pub out of that lot, though Le Pub isn't even the best venue within 200 yards and would have been at least 4th within half a mile if the NCLA and TJs hadn't closed. Beats me how they got on the list. Then again I suppose Talking Heads et al could say the same in Southampton.

Edited by The9

As many of you know they were in some serious financial trouble (not sure if they still are?) but they recently won the regional vote as the best small venue. They are now up for the national vote. I'd imagine winning this could really help them out in some way by getting acts and customers in etc

http://www.nme.com/smallvenues/vote

I have absolutely no affiliation with Joiners, just love the venue.

If I know one thing, it's that this forum has a brilliant ability to swing votes certain ways. Get voting!!

Will do.

Saw some great gigs there years ago while I was at university. Stereolab and the mighty Carter USM if I'm not mistaken...

do you know when the vote closes ? what do they get if they win? I'll vote now good luck to them, saw the vaccines there few months ago , good venue

That was probably the most crowded the joiners ever has been or will be. Splendid gig and a fine venue.

No where near that amount. If I remember right there were more people in for supergrass a few weeks later

According to the best possible source the charlatans take the prize, 58 more than for the vaccines.

it looks like a two horse race now , but the joiners is losing ground to the Scottish venue which is in the lead. need to spread the word if they're going to win it.

it does seem to let you vote more than once which is a bit dodgy though

• 2 weeks later...

The Joiners doesnt deserve it anymore.Poor selection of bands nearly all Pop-Hardcore crap and rubbish facilities. The Brook a far better venue and is starting to get some interesting music( Johnny Marr, Peter Hook,Fall etc) .

If you believe everyone who says they were there about 1500 squeezed in to see Oasis.

Arctic Monkeys played there just after they broke as well, apparently that was insanely busy.

I like the Joiners, good little venue. My mate's band had a residency there for a while, owners like to give new acts a chance.

Arctic Monkeys played there just after they broke as well, apparently that was insanely busy.

I like the Joiners, good little venue. My mate's band had a residency there for a while, owners like to give new acts a chance.

My mate offered me tickets to that Arctic Monkeys gig, I declined as I said their band name was "ridiculous".