Billy sharp? Surely not?!

Lambert7

I would bloody annoyed if I was an ASFC fan if not true. Billy Sharp would be a massive signing for them. Imagine if MP had rocked up posing for loan signings done with his pals. If not true i think it shows Beatts isn't ready for management.

Beattie and Sharp have had a bromance going for a long time. Could be the new Clough and Taylor and take Accrington all the way. For me, if it's true just shows that Billy's more interested in football and helping a mate than money. Well done Billy. No way a fall from grace but a rise to respect and possible future management in the game

Beattie and Sharp have had a bromance going for a long time. Could be the new Clough and Taylor and take Accrington all the way. For me, if it's true just shows that Billy's more interested in football and helping a mate than money. Well done Billy. No way a fall from grace but a rise to respect and possible future management in the game

I think you'll find Billy Sharp has a meeting with MP scheduled soon to discuss his future.

I think you'll find Billy Sharp has a meeting with MP scheduled soon to discuss his future.
I certainly hope this is true.My posts here were an attempt at livening up this Monday morning with one or two Odd (couple) scenarios. Really hope that Pochettino sees the potentiality of taking Billy's career forward at the club.

I certainly hope this is true.My posts here were an attempt at livening up this Monday morning with one or two Odd (couple) scenarios. Really hope that Pochettino sees the potentiality of taking Billy's career forward at the club.

I can't see MP future having BS as our goal scoring hero. Sharp does not have the guile or pace to. Be effective in the PL

I can't see MP future having BS as our goal scoring hero. Sharp does not have the guile or pace to. Be effective in the PL

Not saying you're wrong but what are you basing this on? What chance has Billy had to show what he could do? How many were writing off SRL thinking the prem was a step too far?

Not saying you're wrong but what are you basing this on? What chance has Billy had to show what he could do? How many were writing off SRL thinking the prem was a step too far?
i also felt RL quality would over one his lack of pace, BS IMO does not meet the criteria. We also don't set up 1yard opportunities that BS thrives on . He was good for us in the CCC but I don't believe he can cut the mustard in the PL.

What's really annoying is that Sharp was scoring for fun pre-season last year.

What's really annoying is that Sharp was scoring for fun pre-season last year.
He was indeed and there must have been some other reason he was sent out on loan. Personality bust up, the need to be closer to family to ensure no repetition of the loss of his son. or maybe just to make way for Gaston. I bet had he stayed and played (even as sub) he'd have scored more goals than Ramirez

He was indeed and there must have been some other reason he was sent out on loan. Personality bust up, the need to be closer to family to ensure no repetition of the loss of his son. or maybe just to make way for Gaston. I bet had he stayed and played (even as sub) he'd have scored more goals than Ramirez

The two are very different players Ramierez is more of a playmaker than goalscorer so not really a basis for comparison.

I bet had he stayed and played (even as sub) he'd have scored more goals than Ramirez

Hopefully as a striker he would have scored more goals than a midfielder. Would he have scored more than Lambert or J-Rod? He would certainly have scored more than Mayuka and Guly, in fact he did. In fact he equalled the total of three of our strikers combined, with the grand total of 1 (Lee, Guly and Mayuka). Comparing Billy with Gaston suggests you don't actually know much about Saints players these days.

Hopefully as a striker he would have scored more goals than a midfielder. Would he have scored more than Lambert or J-Rod? He would certainly have scored more than Mayuka and Guly, in fact he did. In fact he equalled the total of three of our strikers combined, with the grand total of 1 (Lee, Guly and Mayuka). Comparing Billy with Gaston suggests you don't actually know much about Saints players these days.

and yet he doesn't compare Billy's total with Lallana who in fact scored 2 less goals than Gaston and 2 less than a defensive midfielder. 3 goals from 30 games and 4 appearances as a sub is rubbish for an attacking player.

This comes around so often on here.

What is clear is this:

- Sharp is not good enough for the Premier League.

- Sharp no longer fits our style and his alround game is below par for this level, no disgrace.

- Sharp is a good fox in the box in the Championship, not a brilliant Championship player, but good.

- Sharp won't play for us in the PL and will leave this summer.

- Overall he was a great signing for us to ensure we went up (once Tadanari Lee got injured and he could get in the team).

Some posters on here need to learn to read. I mentioned that maybe Sharp left to make way for Gaston. I then stated I am certain Sharp had he stay and played, even as a sub, would of scored more than a useless 12 million quid failure. I could have added other players names. I nowhere either made any comparison to Sharp playing with inferior players at Forest. Saints fans hounded Kevin Davies out of the club but he went on to play top football as a striker at Bolton with better suited players. We shall never know what Pochettino might or might not have achieved with Billy.

You'd still expect Beatts to have a word, especially as Beatts and Accy's official twitter accounts are linked.

Beatts hasn't posted on Twitter since he was appointed manager at Accringham Stanley. Many a former player has succeeded better in management, so why shouldn't Beatts.

Classic Beattie making a mockery of his club(s)

Time to grow up James........ The guy is a **** & always has been

I have much respect for your opinions but James hasn't always been **** and gets a lot of unfair criticism from jealous idiots who don't know the man or the immense charity work he does and has done. James believes in himself, and as often the case, it comes across wrongly or is misunderstood. Time will tell, but something tells me he will make it in football management.

Some posters on here need to learn to read. I mentioned that maybe Sharp left to make way for Gaston. I then stated I am certain Sharp had he stay and played, even as a sub, would of scored more than a useless 12 million quid failure. I could have added other players names. I nowhere either made any comparison to Sharp playing with inferior players at Forest. Saints fans hounded Kevin Davies out of the club but he went on to play top football as a striker at Bolton with better suited players. We shall never know what Pochettino might or might not have achieved with Billy.

Useless 12m quid failure is your opinion or could it be young up and coming talent showing flashes of brilliance whilst settling into a foriegn country and a new league?

Next year will show!

Beatts hasn't posted on Twitter since he was appointed manager at Accringham Stanley. Many a former player has succeeded better in management, so why shouldn't Beatts.

Jesus, are you Beatts himself?

Classic Beattie making a mockery of his club(s)

Time to grow up James........ The guy is a **** & always has been

Am I missing something here? Beatts hasn't actually said anything. It's just Sharp having a troll on twitter. That picture could be months or years old.

@billysharp10: Delighted 2 announce season long loan 2 @asfcofficial & to work 4 my mate @1jamesbeattie deal done by @jlfomnisports http://t.co/K8V9piLTIJ

.....have to say that my first reaction when reading this, was to chuckle and look at the calendar to see if it was April 1st.

Why would Billy want to drop two divisons when there are (reputedly) several Championship clubs wanting to buy him ....for over £ 1 million ?....and go to a club that only avoided relegation from League 2 by a few points

Does he even know JB ?.....(who is a Lancashire man) ....whilst Billy is Sheffield born and bred..and they are from different generations. Billy was making his debut (for Sheff.utd. aged 18)...... when JB had already played for England by then.

WELL......it all sounds a bit weird until we see that after JB's unfortunate experience at Everton, he went to Sheff.Utd for a couple of quite productive seasons ( 62 apps. 34 goals )........at the same time that the emerging Billy was playing first team there.

.....at around the same time .....Billy played 51 games there ...alongside JB who was top striker. So maybe they were mates......:?

Most people would agree that Billy isn't Prem. standard (and might only get on the bench - if lucky).......

His contract still has time to run, and coming to SMS from a " soon-to-be-relegated" Doncaster side last season, he would hardly have been on top wages at SMS. ....... just maybe ..it might make sense.

Now that JB is manager at Accrington ....would a partnership of Beattie and Sharp get goals in L2 ?..... not much doubt about that question....they surely would.

SO ..we are left with the intriguing thought that Billy might willingly drop down those two divisions, whilst still managing to retain his old salary level....and have a field day with JB at "Stanley "...and maybe look for promotion to L1 the following year....

This is football and stranger things have happened........

Not sure why people are even entertaining the idea this might be true. LOL.

Probably because it seems so unlikely that a player would post a wind up on his twitter involving a current FL club's manager that a few thousand fans could be misled by "for a joke" (especially given that Beattie's new to the positoin), and it also seems so unlikely that he'll actually be playing for them. But one of them's true.

Am I missing something here? Beatts hasn't actually said anything. It's just Sharp having a troll on twitter. That picture could be months or years old.
I personally believe Billy is away on holiday and someone's hacked into his Twitter and posted this. He hasn't tweeted since the 20th May.

It's clearly a wind up. Accrington's annual wage budget for 2013/14 will around £500k, Billy Sharp would be on more than that by himself!

Even if you overlook the huge lack of ambition from Sharp, Cortese isn't going sanction such a loan that wouldn't see much of Sharp's wages paid. Saints will likely be looking to sell him in the summer, not loan him out again and certainly not to a club below the Championship.