Aerial View Stadium Quiz

TheCholulaKid

Nipper got 9. Got WHL wrong.

That's the only one that I was certain about. I played a friendly rugby game in 1967 for my school on the big grass pitch that was part of Northumberland Park School on the east side of the stadium. Before the war one on my uncles allegedly had a house that backed onto the ground and used to climb a ladder to watch the games over his back garden fence.

Revisiting this

1) I identified from the car park on one side and the Harvester on the roundabout on the other. Been there once.

2) Recognised the park to one side with the huge recent stand, the configuration of the road past the opposite side, the steps at one end, and the car park at the other end. Been there a good 10 or so times.

3) Never been, guessed, got it wrong as I assumed it was a more recent Stadium and the one it was wasn't uniform in shape

4) Have been to 2 of the options which it wasn't, and didn't look new enough to be the other one which has just been rebuilt, so process of elimination it was the other one (and looked right).

5) Wasn't certain, though knew it was one of two, decided on the correct answer due to the other ground having newer stands, and seeing what appears to be a motorway nearby.

6) Process of elimination. There's no hotel behind any of the stands, I've been to one of the other options and there's no astropitch near that one, and of the two remaining options, I'd been to one and the roads configuration looked vaguely correct, as well as the line of trees to the left, which IIRC correctly was next to a train line.

7) I've been to 3 of the 4 stadiums mentioned, remember the old stand with awkward access in the away end for the correct answer, and that the ground I hadn't been to had massive newer stand alone stands and nothing as old as the one in the picture.

8 ) Have been to 3 of the 4, two of which have already been answers. Of the other 2, quite similar but remembered the ground I had been to was boxed in by terraced housing a little more and didn't have the room to expand shown in the pic, so it had to be the ground I haven't been to.

9) Only been to one of them and the walkways were in the wrong places for that one, wasn't another option as it was a previous answer so bit of a shot in the dark, then remembered one ground had just been redeveloped and looked at the colour and trees of the surrounding areas and style of housing for clues, guessed right.

10) Been there a few times including recently, terraced housing in rows all down the one side right up to the ground itself, boxed in by houses all around except the one end with a car park, and colour of the roof also helped.

Dunno why I chose to share that. :)