The Last of Us

BlakeySFC

Wow, I didn't think it was out until later in the year! I thought for sure it was going to be a PS3/PS4 crossover title. Well that's a nice surprise, I've been a little bored of gaming recently and something like this could easily get me back into it.

Almost completed it and have to say its one of the most over hyped games I have played.

It is a decent game but Jesus it is so repetitive and linear.

Walk through this falling down house, through this corridor, hide behind crate, over turned desk, cabinet, door. Grab bad guy, kill bad guy. Rinse and repeat.

The story is as clichéd as clichéd gets!

Uncharted is one of my favourite series but this game is just plain boring. I am constantly waiting for something amazing to happen and it hasn't.

Almost completed it and have to say its one of the most over hyped games I have played.

It is a decent game but Jesus it is so repetitive and linear.

Walk through this falling down house, through this corridor, hide behind crate, over turned desk, cabinet, door. Grab bad guy, kill bad guy. Rinse and repeat.

The story is as clichéd as clichéd gets!

Uncharted is one of my favourite series but this game is just plain boring. I am constantly waiting for something amazing to happen and it hasn't.

Controversial!

Controversial!

Haha indeed!

I just don't think it is as good as the last two Uncharted games.

There just doesn't seem much variety in the game in terms of gameplay, bad guys and locations.

Won't stop me getting the trophies though.... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Have had this since Christmas but only started playing it last week. Excellent story which is moved along nicely in-game and with the cut scenes. I can understand why some people have said it is a little repetative, like most games are really, however the link you have with the characters and the emotion in the game really pulls you in. Some of the set-up's are outstanding and I have to agree with the majority of people that this is a milestone on gaming achievement. Not as big as some games, i.e. Skyrym, but the atmosphere, story and emotion set this game apart. Really looking forward to completing it.

I got that in the pack when I bought a PS3 earlier this year. So far it's still my favourite game on the platform, very atmospheric and involving, although I haven't tried any GTA yet. It's worth playing through again after you complete it too, so that you can enjoy it more fully, rather than rushing through everything in a panic thinking you're about to die.

I've been catching up a bit with Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 recently (I am a long way behind with games), but it's all a bit one dimensional and repetitive. I might have a go at the Mass Effect series next.

I had just finished Mass Effect 2 before moving onto The Last of Us. Thoroughly enjoyed both ME1 and 2 very, very much. The 1st one has more role playing elements in it than the 2nd, which is more of a straight shooter, but both of them are excellent games with a deep and engaging story and lots of threads that inter-weave throughout. Geniune decision making that influences the game make the ME series a real cut above and a true highlight of the PS3 platform. I'm already looking forward to moving onto ME3 when I've finished The Last of Us...or maybe Dead Space 3? Decisions, decisions. :-)

This game is available for £32 on Amazon, remastered for the PS4. I'm tempted big time, but I wondered if those of you who played the PS3 version can advise honestly if it's worth getting.

I've read reviews on Amazon but can't decide as a lot of reviews are fairly biased.

I wasn't fussed on Mass Effect, just didn't get me hooked. I loved Dead Space 1&2, played 3, but it wasn't as good as the first two, not a bad game, but the first 2 were full of genuinely 'sheeit your pants' moments.

At the moment, I would highly recommed The Last of Us. It is a truly engaging and accomplished game. Lots of different elements in it and a great story with characters you bond with. I've found the aiming and shooting elements a bit clunky but that is probably more down to my own lack of skills as you will find yourself panicking at many points in the game as you get overwhelmed. I don't normally like stealth games that much and have found myself getting into more gunfights than taking out enemies by stealth, but when you do get it right, it is very rewarding. I've loving it.

I liked it a lot, genuinely good story and characters, very atmospheric, good gameplay.

I'm currently wondering how Assassin's Creed became such a big thing though. The gameplay is about as shallow and repetitive as it gets. It feels like the same missions repeated over and over again. I got Dead Space 3 from the instant games collection, but haven't got around to it yet.

I liked it a lot, genuinely good story and characters, very atmospheric, good gameplay.

I'm currently wondering how Assassin's Creed became such a big thing though. The gameplay is about as shallow and repetitive as it gets. It feels like the same missions repeated over and over again. I got Dead Space 3 from the instant games collection, but haven't got around to it yet.

I agree with you on Assassin's Creed. I just couldn't get into it, though I still have Black Flag for my Xbox to play. I might get round to playing it one day.

I still have Wolfenstein and Destiny to play on the PS4 and since it gets such good recommendations, I ordered The Last of Us Remastered

• 1 year later...
Just left Tess in Capitol Building. Intense and atmospheric stuff. Slightly disconcerted by Nathan Drake's voice being Joel's.

The intensity ramps up and up from there. Without giving too much away, molotovs are your best mates!