pap, is that you .....

Gemmel

It could do in the future. It is significantly easier if someone were so inclined as his identity is widely known.

Your point is that revealing identity leads to superglue in locks.

My point is that many people are public, have been public for ages, participate in the debate and don't get this, myself included.

There are five main reasons why people are anonymous.

1) Concealing wanton skiving from employer

2) Hideous

3) Blobby

4) Nob-jockey sniping under cover of anonymity.

I have no problem with any of the first three, in isolation or combined. There are enough nobs on the internet to make your life a misery if you're chunky or don't conform to whatever facial norm is supposed to be attractive these days. I can understand why it's not worth the bother.

It's really the last one I have a problem with, and that is where you and others fit in. I've no doubt that if you went public and told the world who you were, there's a fair chance you might get a slap from a less tolerant individual. That's not because you're going public; it's because of the things you've said, which at times, have been horrible and if pursued, could have seen you in court.

The observant amongst you will have noticed I've listed only four reasons.

5) All the nasty sh!t said as forum antagonist x will be attributed to real life person y

That right there, is the real reason trolls can never come out from under the bridge.

No that isn't my point. My point is that revealing your identity on here increases the likelihood of meeting weirdos off here in real life or having weirdos do things like put glue in locks.

You're presenting the exception as the norm.

If you're a d!ck to people in real life, you can expect some comeback. I speak from experience on this one, as a hopefully reformed former real-life d!ck. I have the occasional relapse, but I'm learning.

You know what's worse than the self-aware d!ck? The d!ck who doesn't know he's a d!ck.

Gemmel doesn't know he's a d!ck. This thread proves he is.

You don't know you're a d!ck. Everybody else does. (someone correct me if I'm committing the cardinal sin of speaking for the entire forum without justification).

Verbal certainly doesn't know he's a d!ck. The thought has never even entered his head. Me? D!ck? Impossible! It just doesn't compute.

tbf to buctootim, I think he knows he's a bit of a d!ck, even though he denies it outwardly.

As for myself, one of the funniest things I ever read on here was from returned ursine brother Bearsy, when in a debate about individual characteristics, he pointed out that "no, you is more d!ck than c**t, pap". I have never argued the point, and never will.

I can cope with being a d!ck, Hypo. I can even cope with admitting that and people knowing my real name. Everyone can be a bit of a d!ck sometimes and admit it. It's having to fess up that you're a full-time c**t that's the problem.

Some people are incapable of distinguishing between what someone writes on a forum and that person in real life. I don't for example believe that you believe all of the stuff you put on here, you come across as quite intelligent but I think you put it here to provoke debate and make people think. The people on here who I want to know my identity (and who I have met) do so.

You're presenting the exception as the norm. If you're a d!ck to people in real life, you can expect some comeback. I speak from experience on this one, as a hopefully reformed former real-life d!ck. I have the occasional relapse, but I'm learning. You know what's worse than the self-aware d!ck? The d!ck who doesn't know he's a d!ck. Gemmel doesn't know he's a d!ck. This thread proves he is.You don't know you're a d!ck. Everybody else does. (someone correct me if I'm committing the cardinal sin of speaking for the entire forum without justification).Verbal certainly doesn't know he's a d!ck. The thought has never even entered his head. Me? D!ck? Impossible! It just doesn't compute.tbf to buctootim, I think he knows he's a bit of a d!ck, even though he denies it outwardly.As for myself, one of the funniest things I ever read on here was from returned ursine brother Bearsy, when in a debate about individual characteristics, he pointed out that "no, you is more d!ck than c**t, pap". I have never argued the point, and never will. I can cope with being a d!ck, Hypo. I can even cope with admitting that and people knowing my real name. Everyone can be a bit of a d!ck sometimes and admit it. It's having to fess up that you're a full-time c**t that's the problem.
So, in summary, Hypo is a c*nt - is that what you're saying? To be fair to Hypo, if I was a big a tit as he is, I wouldn't want people knowing who I am. It's one thing making outlandish statements about conspiracy theories, it's another to invent a girlfriend who posts on here whilst you're banned (hello Hypo!). Sometimes even having a special internet username that can hide how much a c*nt you are is not enough and you have to change that as well (hello Batman!). Imagine being such a c*nt that even your anonymous usernames reputation is so tarnished by tw*ttishness that it has to be changed (hello David Benson Phillips!).Anyway, let's not all fall out and be nasty to each other. Each to their own, it's just the internet and we are mere specks of dust floating through time.

So, in summary, Hypo is a c*nt - is that what you're saying? To be fair to Hypo, if I was a big a tit as he is, I wouldn't want people knowing who I am. It's one thing making outlandish statements about conspiracy theories, it's another to invent a girlfriend who posts on here whilst you're banned (hello Hypo!). Sometimes even having a special internet username that can hide how much a c*nt you are is not enough and you have to change that as well (hello Batman!). Imagine being such a c*nt that even your anonymous usernames reputation is so tarnished by tw*ttishness that it has to be changed (hello David Benson Phillips!).Anyway, let's not all fall out and be nasty to each other. Each to their own, it's just the internet and we are mere specks of dust floating through time.

This is some real compressed p!ss-taking here. It's very impressive.

I think we need a list of who's a c*nt and who's a d!ck. I see myself as more of an @rsehole.

You're in the unique position of being a c*nt, d*ck and @rsehole all at the same time. And probably a sh*thead as well.

You're in the unique position of being a c*nt, d*ck and @rsehole all at the same time. And probably a sh*thead as well.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that these positions were not mutually exclusive.

There are people who are d!cks and c*nts at the same time. They can go f*ck themselves, imo.

Almost like changing your name time and time again. For acting like a petulant ****

(Hello buzzin 'orn)

(Hello bearded lady)

(Hello Ludwig)

Edited by Batman

Almost like changing your name time and time again. For acting like a petulant ****

(Hello buzzin 'orn)

(Hello bearded lady)

(Hello Ludwig)

Personally I think you lost your mystique when you started having a go at gypsies.

I don't remember too many Batman comics where the caped crusader descended on a travelling camp to dispense disdain.

I think we need a list of who's a c*nt and who's a d!ck. I see myself as more of an @rsehole.

Just to bring this back to the serious point underlying Gemmel's post, Oliver Kamm has an article in The Times this morning entitled "Jew hatred is behind all conspiracy theories."

Quoting Richard Hofstadter's "The Paranoid Style in American Politics", he says that conspiracy theorists "manufacture the mechanism of history itself...Their fantasies are immune to evidence To explain away inconvenient facts, they simply invent another twist. As the cope of the imaginary conspiracy spreads, it eventually encompasses a people charged throughout history with demonic powers and malevolent designs. - the Jews."

My specific problem with pap has always been the way he gets a narcissistic high from implying that Boston bombing victims are crisis actors - and chucks out utterly contemptible "evidence" of a similar sting in Woolwich. The cretinous disrespect for the victims is bad enough. But the broader point is that pap is parroting the ideas of Jew haters - look at any of the sites which carry the same "evidence" as the garbage posted by pap on here and the Jew hatred screams out.

Just to bring this back to the serious point underlying Gemmel's post, Oliver Kamm has an article in The Times this morning entitled "Jew hatred is behind all conspiracy theories."

Quoting Richard Hofstadter's "The Paranoid Style in American Politics", he says that conspiracy theorists "manufacture the mechanism of history itself...Their fantasies are immune to evidence To explain away inconvenient facts, they simply invent another twist. As the cope of the imaginary conspiracy spreads, it eventually encompasses a people charged throughout history with demonic powers and malevolent designs. - the Jews."

My specific problem with pap has always been the way he gets a narcissistic high from implying that Boston bombing victims are crisis actors - and chucks out utterly contemptible "evidence" of a similar sting in Woolwich. The cretinous disrespect for the victims is bad enough. But the broader point is that pap is parroting the ideas of Jew haters - look at any of the sites which carry the same "evidence" as the garbage posted by pap on here and the Jew hatred screams out.

Why does it bother you so much? And, by the way, suggesting that Pap is an anti-Semite is ridiculous and as offensive as anything he has posted. You're the one who has given credence to his posts by continually going on about them. I've always thought you were a good poster Verbal and an all-round good egg but, to be honest, your stance on this over the last couple of weeks has been just as foolish as Pap's conspiracy theories. And you've opened the doors to mindless goons attempting to bully Pap, not that he'll be that bothered about that, but it does allow the idiots of SWF to feel like they have legitimate reason to round upon someone.

Why does it bother you so much? And, by the way, suggesting that Pap is an anti-Semite is ridiculous and as offensive as anything he has posted. You're the one who has given credence to his posts by continually going on about them. I've always thought you were a good poster Verbal and an all-round good egg but, to be honest, your stance on this over the last couple of weeks has been just as foolish as Pap's conspiracy theories. And you've opened the doors to mindless goons attempting to bully Pap, not that he'll be that bothered about that, but it does allow the idiots of SWF to feel like they have legitimate reason to round upon someone.

Good post

To quote further from Richard Hofstadter, one of the "impressive things" about conspiracy theorists,

"...is the laborious accumulation of what can be taken as convincing evidence for the most fantastic conclusions, the careful preparation for the big leap from the undeniable to the unbelievable."

I disagree with many (well actually almost all) of pap's opinions. However he's entitled to them, and he is generally respectful. A full post dedicated to taking the p*ss out of a specific poster is unnecessary and smacks of bullying. Perhaps this is one of the rare times when the mods should step in? Just saying.

Personally rather read and analyse was pap has to say...

I can then make my own mind up with viewing some of the video/photographic/reports.

From my own experience..some of the idiots who attack pap are just prats..not even decent debate just a tirade of shiiiite being thrown around.

There are many serving and ex military/law enforcement peeps questioning what is going on within some of these events/disasters.

I have great respect..for the victims/families of victims and my heart truly goes out to some of these genuine people..I know pap feels the same way..of that I am sure.

What I don't have respect for some of my fellow posters and particularly some of the idiots running world events and side shows for ulterior purposes..In the name of in our national interest:rolleyes:

The problem we all have is that we probably never get to the truth and the debates carry on for many a year unresolved.

I still see many discrepancies in what I have viewed and it leaves that doubt in my mind without disbelieving that there have been true victims at some of the

major incidents in recent years..But who is orchestrating some of these events...

There is no doubt in my mind that certain factions of both the USA and UK goverments are up to no good and Israel has a lot to answer to within said goverments.

I will not go into my usual rant about Free Masons/secret groups/Royalty as I will be bombarded with insults and handbag swirling bully boyz..

All in my opinion of course...:rolleyes:

suggesting that Pap is an anti-Semite is ridiculous and as offensive as anything he has posted.

Surely Verbal's point is that Paps conspiracy theories are very similar to the American right wing truthers and survivalists - who are generally rabidly anti semitic. That doesn't mean Pap is also, but it does mean he is marching in step with some pretty odd company. The Andrew Neil show with Alex Jones the other night was hilarious. They paired Jones with David Aaronovitch, who is Jewish, deliberately in order to send Jones into a headlines grabbing crescendo, it worked a treat. Pap may think he truth seeking, but all the truthers do is weaken and discredit by association genuine thought through concerns about government legislation and the erosion of the balance between privacy, freedom, security and civil liberties.

Edited by buctootim

I can't help but feel this is overstating it somewhat. "Mindless goons"? "Bullying". Such inflammatory language BS.

I'm sure pap is able to defend himself and is not shy to use snide language and terminology in the process when he's biting back. Fair enough, it's an anonymous football forum after all. But he's opened himself right up with his conspiracy theory stance and is getting shown up for it. That doesn't mean he's being bullied. Just shown up as a bit of a loon.

I suggest Hypo, Delldays, Alpine, et al are being "rounded upon" more, but i suppose that's OK because the general consensus is that they are "goons"? Would I be right in making that assumption?

As you say, I'm sure pap's skin is thick enough to not worry about some trivial baiting on a football forum. But Verbal and the others are not bullying. Not in my opinion anyway.