Billy Sharp failed medical

Right sider

Not sure how accurate this is, http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/billy-sharp/transfers/spieler_49542.html, but they say £1.892m. So given that the contract has run some of it's time, then that is about the same as we paid (pro-rata). Sad that we used him and his 9 goals to gain promotion and then discarded him, but guess that's the nature of the beast and there's not a lot of room for sentimentality.

We paid in the region of £1.9m I believe. I'd say he's still worth that; if we let him go for little more than a million it would seem to suggest the club is keen to offload him. Sharp certainly did the job that was asked of him in the Championship but sentiment aside I guess we outgrew him. Top bloke though.

Billy Sharp tweeting that he has had no medical at Reading, his loan is up and he is back at Saints with two years left on his contract;

billy sharp ‏@billysharp10 5m

Just for the record I haven't had no medical at reading.

billy sharp ‏@billysharp10 17m

Don't always believe what u read in newspapers,my loans finished at forest I have 2 years left at saint

Isn't it interesting that last season people were saying Fonte looked less of a player alongside Jos, this season we all agree i think that Yoshida hasn't looked so good alongside him. Yet some people were claiming Hooliveld was a good player and our best defender last season and anyone who said he wasn't up to it was shouted down. As anyone who knows anything about football knows, central defence is all about partnerships. He is an adequate championship defender, nothing more.

You could probably have said that about Claus on the occasions when he didn't have a decent partner...

So he is back as is Lee. Can either do a job for us?

They're all "back", including the likes of Forecast. The season has ended so all the loans are over, it's the close season, and the contract window hasn't ticked over to 1st July so they're still all under contract for another 10 days, even the ones who are being released.

Saints probably can't even loan players out for next season until 1st July either, though I should think they can arrange them and rubber-stamp them on the appropriate contract date - I can't be bothered to trawl the regulations to confirm that, but it makes no sense for a loaning club to get someone and have to pay for them when they haven't started pre-season training, does it ?

And for other reports

billy sharp ‏@billysharp10 2h

Don't always believe what u read in newspapers,my loans finished and I have I have 2 years left at saints.

As already stated in post 56 of this thread.

• 2 months later...

Wonder if the failed medical was Tadanari Lee?

NA was a big fan, and it would explain why he hasn't moved/been linked anywhere else.

Digging up and commenting on random posts while off sick. I need to find something else to fill my time today.

Wonder if the failed medical was Tadanari Lee?

NA was a big fan, and it would explain why he hasn't moved/been linked anywhere else.

Digging up and commenting on random posts while off sick. I need to find something else to fill my time today.

Tokyo FC wanted Lee but he turned them down, can only see him getting another club in Japan or Russia or something. Wants too much money for his limited talent which would probably not suit everywhere. When we signed him he was a Japan international who'd scored a goal that gave them the continental championship. Now he's just a highly paid also ran with a nasty looking injury record.

More likely he's just found out he hasn't made the team

well I think that was kinda previsible; Won't make any Saints team at any time soon, still no rush for him, there's a loan window which follows the transfer window and he sure ain't going to any team where the LW is not applicable. ...Hmm having said that I'd have to admit I don't know what the score is on loans at Celtic.

But surely if he's any good there must be someone who fancies taking a punt on him, just cannot understand his situation, not good enough for us but then few are but in the NPC there must be something although I don't think he exactly covered himself in glory at Forest last year..

Edited by Window Cleaner

He's supposedly in Glasgow but has to wait till after their European qualifier game tomorrow night to know whether they'll be offering him a contract. Must be doing in his head having to wait and the uncertainty.

He's supposedly in Glasgow but has to wait till after their European qualifier game tomorrow night to know whether they'll be offering him a contract. Must be doing in his head having to wait and the uncertainty.

make it into the groups and he gets offered a contract?

fail to make the groups and he gets offered a contract?

make it into the groups and he gets offered a contract?

fail to make the groups and he gets offered a contract?

They do seem to be short of a striker. Maybe they've got a signing whose fee is depends on them getting into the group stage, and Billy is only a back-up option (or he is the actual main option and they're waiting to see if the maths do add up).

Edited by melmacian_saint

could be preparing their yoyo strategy I guess. Sharp is not a PL player, anyone who thinks he is or could be is well just deluded.

Comments like this are ridiculous.

I wonder how many people said that about Rickie Lambert? Only 1 way to prove it & watch him play at least half a dozen games in the league.

Talking down any of our players on here only does dis service to them and to the club. These guys have careers which last but a short time and senseless comments ruin lives and make it impossible for the club to offload them and not lose money. Show a little understanding, keep your opinions to yourselves, at very least till the transfer window is shut.

Talking down any of our players on here only does dis service to them and to the club. These guys have careers which last but a short time and senseless comments ruin lives and make it impossible for the club to offload them and not lose money. Show a little understanding, keep your opinions to yourselves, at very least till the transfer window is shut.

A hahaha haha. Senseless comments on here ruin lives???

Didn't you describe Shaw as a ponce last week?

You're right, most clubs dont bother scouting players they just log onto the supporters forum and see how good they are. Had people been more positive about fox, he'd have gone to Bolton. Insted, Dougie freedman checked out saints web and found out he was shiete and pulled out of the deal.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter