Saints In For Radja Nainggolan

View From The Top

The full quote was (translated)

I received a great offer from Southampton, their proposal is economically the most important of all . though I do not play for money, my priority is to have a major career. But I have no problem to move to England. E 'still wide open, we will see,

Sounds like we are offering the most money at the moment and he would join, but he is waiting to see if any more clubs offer him something before making his decision.

Compared to his wages now in Cagliari every offer from us will probably look big. It wont mean that it´s that big for us to pay.

He earns €450k/year net + unknown bonuses according to Gazzetta. (and wages are not secrets in Italy but bonuses are)

It's just covering our bases. Bid for 2-3 players from the same position but we'll probably only end up buying one. I suspect Banega is now seen as out of our reach but we're going for both Wanyama and Nainggolan in case the top target (either one) falls through.

Few links from a while ago, but this is the first one where he's spoken out about it. Interesting, maybe something has stalled with Wanyama deal or maybe we put that out there to hurry along the Naingollan deal, who knows.

Must admit I'd never heard of him, but found this interesting article from January 2012. Maybe the bit about millions of Indonesians buying his jersey is something Saints are aware of. Trouble is they would all need to visit the Megastore I suppose :)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/12/2842728/from-indonesian-king-to-juventus-inter-ac-milan-target-why-radja-

Only question is why he did not move to Milan as expected?

Must admit I'd never heard of him, but found this interesting article from January 2012. Maybe the bit about millions of Indonesians buying his jersey is something Saints are aware of. Trouble is they would all need to visit the Megastore I suppose :)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/12/2842728/from-indonesian-king-to-juventus-inter-ac-milan-target-why-radja-

Only question is why he did not move to Milan as expected?

I don't know, but I'd guess that mentioning that our offer is the best financially means he's waiting to see if his Italian suitors can match or better it before making a decision.

He is such a good player. Would probably prefer him to both Wanyama and Banega. The guy is so, so good.

Really great player and probably the most consistent of these three. But personally I would choose Banega as my first choice just because how creative he can be.

But Nainggolan would also be a great addition for us if he comes.

Really great player and probably the most consistent of these three. But personally I would choose Banega as my first choice just because how creative he can be.

But Nainggolan would also be a great addition for us if he comes.

Banega is very good, but scared of consistency. Nainggolen really is such a destructive midfielder, he will take the pressure off the fact Lallana can't defend for ****.

I watched nearly every Italian league game last season and Radja is some player.... Trust me.

Someone I know went to see Cagliari whilst on holiday in Italy and said he was awful, gave away a penalty, scored an own goal and got sent off. One to be avoided I think.

So who comes out of the current team to make way for him?

I'm not convinced this is a position that needs strengthening.

Every position needs strengthening, that's how you continually evolve and improve as a team.

Someone I know went to see Cagliari whilst on holiday in Italy and said he was awful, gave away a penalty, scored an own goal and got sent off. One to be avoided I think.

I only respect peeps who watch a lot of foreign games. Who are your respected posters?

P.s I respect your mate as Italy is a good holiday destination

I only respect peeps who watch a lot of foreign games. Who are your respected posters?

P.s I respect your mate as Italy is a good holiday destination

Whenever we are linked with a player from abroad there is always someone on here who has seen that player play regularly and thinks he's brilliant, despite never mentioning them before. I respect them for the knowledge they have and humility they for not flaunting their knowledge to us and make us feel belittled by their superiority.

Whenever we are linked with a player from abroad there is always someone on here who has seen that player play regularly and thinks he's brilliant, despite never mentioning them before. I respect them for the knowledge they have and humility they for not flaunting their knowledge to us.

Likewise, people talk about the good times on SWF, but for me now is the real golden era. We have every player at every club within every country covered. Its so refreshing to see so much knowledge and so much modesty under one roof

Dont need to name names (they know who they are) L.E.G.E.N.D.S

Likewise, people talk about the good times on SWF, but for me now is the real golden era. We have every player at every club within every country covered. Its so refreshing to see so much knowledge and so much modesty under one roof

Dont need to name names (they know who they are) L.E.G.E.N.D.S

You're right, I'm honoured to post on the same forum as some of the most knowledgable posters the internet has ever at such a golden age of for this forum.

He is quoted in Goal.com article this morning saying we would be his "last choice". If true I wouldn't want him here if that's his attitude. However it seems to me Goal have twisted words from what came out in the media yesterday from him.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/23/4066929/-

It seems the quote originally came from an interview with Goal Indonesia. ( http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/1387/nasional/2013/06/22/4066382/wawancara-radja-nainggolan-tawaran-tertinggi-dari ) I cant imagine how something could get lost in translation with an article with a Belgian, written in Indonesian and then translated into English.

I wouldn't be surprised if he meant we were currently his 'only' option.

He is quoted in Goal.com article this morning saying we would be his "last choice". If true I wouldn't want him here if that's his attitude. However it seems to me Goal have twisted words from what came out in the media yesterday from him.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/23/4066929/-

In that pic, he looks a bit like (early) Stephen Hendry the snooker player IMHO

Maybe we have to face it that we are just not that attractive to younger ambitious players who believe they are already the complete article and we do not offer them much in terms of improvement. For some being closer to first team football means less than the pay packet or big club kudos.

It seems the quote originally came from an interview with Goal Indonesia. ( http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/1387/nasional/2013/06/22/4066382/wawancara-radja-nainggolan-tawaran-tertinggi-dari ) I cant imagine how something could get lost in translation with an article with a Belgian, written in Indonesian and then translated into English.

I wouldn't be surprised if he meant we were currently his 'only' option.

Aye, Google Translate suggests that the Indonesian phrase 'terakhir saya' could mean 'last', 'latest' or 'recent'. I'd suggest few professional footballers would burn bridges so openly, and that 'Southampton are my latest option' is a more reasonably translation.

Yeah, but I do prefer people who judge players based on watching them, rather than just on the colour of their skin.

I agree, colour of skin is immaterial, we all have whatever it is imposed on us, but hairstyle is another thing. Since that's a matter of choice it can tell you a bit more about someone and I'd rather see a bit more Brylcreem or Tony Curtis and a bit less Sid Vicious in a potential signing..

Not quite as many translations as you think, he is of Batak ancestry.

I wish there was a like button. Post of the close season so far.

(please do not take this as an overall endorsement of your posting style)

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Interesting development in Radja Nainggolan story. I am told he is not a player #SaintsFC are after. Player using club to drive up price.

So hes lied when he said he had an offer from us then?