Posters you respect.....who don't post here any more, and you can see why

The Kraken

In light of the other thread running. Which posters did you used to enjoy on here, but don't any more? Apparently there are lots, so lets have a list. For me, only a couple: 19 Canteen, a fantastic loony; and StuRomseySaint, a poor old soul but capable of causing an e-riot on here. You?

In light of the other thread running. Which posters did you used to enjoy on here, but don't any more? Apparently there are lots, so lets have a list. For me, only a couple: 19 Canteen, a fantastic loony; and StuRomseySaint, a poor old soul but capable of causing an e-riot on here. You?

19c was alright actually. Sponsored me to run the new York marathon.

Didnt enjoy their postings much, didnt dislike them either but i rember a few posters such as buzzin orn, saf and berkshire saint all contributed a lot then dissappeared. One poster that was decent was gecko, designed the shirts we wore but havent seen him in a while... Thought he was the9 for a while with his shirt geekery!

Did we ever find out who Left Back was?

Certainly the closest person to the inner circle since Cortese arrived.

when my membership is renewed I will PM you with that....as long as I remember ,a week is a long time with my memory lol

Javi

FACT

I know he would regularly be mercilessly slated on here, or on Saintsforever, but I always thought him quite an interesting poster, who would put forward a good case for his own view (even if others disagreed.).

Okay, the De Pedro saga, mihght have riled a few people, but I never understood the level of flak he received, if for the posts alone.

I know he would regularly be mercilessly slated on here, or on Saintsforever, but I always thought him quite an interesting poster, who would put forward a good case for his own view (even if others disagreed.).

Okay, the De Pedro saga, mihght have riled a few people, but I never understood the level of flak he received, if for the posts alone.

Here are three aspects that tell part of the story:

1) the scapegoat factor - bullying behaviour intensifies when people smell blood;

2) the xenophobic factor - you might blame Fawlty Towers for this one!;

3) the tribal factor - some posters seemed to dislike his perceived presumptuousness (his "foreign" intensity and serious passion for the club ran counter to their banter-based, clannish insularity).

As I say, that's only part of the story, but - as another "outsider" - that seemed to me to underpin some of the negativity.

1) the scapegoat factor - bullying behaviour intensifies when people smell blood;

3) the tribal factor - some posters seemed to dislike his perceived presumptuousness (his "foreign" intensity and serious passion for the club ran counter to their banter-based, clannish insularity).

As I say, that's only part of the story, but - as another "outsider" - that seemed to me to underpin some of the negativity.

A typical post from someone who doesn't live here anymore. You've become a little TOO Canadian, HS. There's a group of us who think its time you and take your unpopular views and move on.

He was often misunderstood, not so much for what he had to say but for the way he put his views across. As English is not his mother tongue, he often chose his words/sentences in a style that came across as presumptuous.

A typical post from someone who doesn't live here anymore. You've become a little TOO Canadian, HS. There's a group of us who think its time you and take your unpopular views and move on.

My friends and I at university had a remark we used at least once a day: "I resemble that remark!"

;)

He was often misunderstood, not so much for what he had to say but for the way he put his views across. As English is not his mother tongue, he often chose his words/sentences in a style that came across as presumptuous.

Non-locals would find the intense level of irony and ****-taking on here difficult to interpret much of the time.

Did we ever find out who Left Back was?

Certainly the closest person to the inner circle since Cortese arrived.

I thought he was Dave Jones - the erstwhile financial director that is, not the eponymous ex-manager. I hope the mods will forgive me if this post is libellous or naughty in any way.