Wimbledon 2013

Julian H. Cope

its odd, at the start of the week. murray had the daunting prospect of having to beat federer and nadal before any final.

now they are both gone.

god knows what side of the draw tsonga is in. but this is easily murrays best chance

ferrer and del potro are probably the best left (forgetting murray and djokovic here) who have a chance of getting past the semi finals. both very good on their day. djokovic still my favourite to win mind

just had a look at the draw. ferrer and del potro are on djokovic's side. Murray has the easiest route to the final he ever will get

Murray should make it to the final, given who is left in his half of the draw.

Djokovic is the best player in the world at the moment and should get through the top half.

Having said that though, I like Del Potro and Berdych at 16/1 and 25/1 respectively for the tournament. I wouldn't put much on as they will probably have to beat Djokovic to get to the final but those are great prices considering the stage of the tournament we're at. Got to be worth a tenner or so.

Del Potro is a former 'slam winner and would probably have had a more illustriuous career were it not for injuries. He's got Ferrer next who is a very tough opponent but if Del Potro plays well his game should be too big for Ferrer on grass.

Berdych has reached the Wimbledon final before but is more of an outside shot as he has a terrible record against Novak Djokovic (2-13). That said, he has a good record against Murray (5 wins to 4 losses) so if he could get into the final he would have a great shout (assuming Murray makes it through his half).

Hope the weather holds out then this whole pantomime will finish on Sunday.

If not will have to go to B&Q and get another pot of paint, open it, and watch that dry.

BBC now in over-drive. Thank God Sky have'nt got their grubby little hands on the rights. We'd be having 24 hours repeats.

Oops, sorry, we get that already from Sky don't we with Football, Cricket and both forms of Rugby..... and Movies !

gutted all I have to follow this is text from the bbc website at the moment

I've got it online, with the text beneath, and the text not does come anywhere near close to doing it justice. Watch the highlights later, whoever wins.

Why is it that the BBC describe every other match as 'the greatest match of all time' or 'the best match we've ever seen' or some such b*llocks?

It's good, but not that good.

No doubt Murray v the Pole later on will be 'the greatest match of all time' as well.

Gets on my t*ts.