Dynamo

Batman

Absolutely love watching him - if someone had told me I'd be impressed by a magic show I wouldn't have believed it. I just love the way Dynamo is so unassuming and casual and then just wanders off after he's produced his magic. There is no 'showmanship' which is what makes him what he is. Brilliant.

If everyone before hand is in on the trick, they know it is a fake arm or whatever and it is all staged is that really magic?

Personally I don't think it is.

This is why I dont bother, yeah his stuff looks good on the tele but I wonder how many are in on the trick ?

And that makes it just crap really, real stunts leave even the people there thinking WTF

This is why I dont bother, yeah his stuff looks good on the tele but I wonder how many are in on the trick ?

And that makes it just crap really, real stunts leave even the people there thinking WTF

As a spectacle. It's really good to watch

Obviously it not real magic and people are in on it. But to watch 30 mins of entertainment. There are far worse programmes out there

Exactly, it's impossible to do most of what he does without having people in on it. It's a stage production basically, not elusion.

Word! My brother-in-law was going on about Dynamos one christmas-time and made me watch whole video. He is Italian so you have to make allowances, but it made me quite angar! I was like b-but it's television! We just saw Harry Potter smack-down a dragon!

We usually have a bath a Christmas - family tradition.

Whatever happened to TV wizard David Blaine? It seems like once they are on TV, they have a bit of a cycle and then disappear. Is it cause their tricks have to keep getting bigger? Some of dynamo's early stuff was really good. He just filmed it on phones or camcorders and then went up to people on the street magicing their stuff.

Much prefer close-up magic than staged productions. Don't really find them entertaining.

That is obviously a fake arm. What else could it be? What's entertaining about that?

You are not taking into account that 95% of the general public are complete and utter morons. The majority of people will think it is real.

I think he crosses a line into silly magic. Card tricks and getting coins into bottles and rings onto wine glass stems are interesting to watch, but levitating, or walking on water is just taking it too far IMO.

It's easy to say it's all camera tricks and staged or whatever - but how does he actually do all this stuff?

Anybody know - or is everybody in on the trick?

Or maybe he's bribed Rio Ferdinand et al to keep their mouths shut.

That's not going to come cheap.

I think he's much cleverer than the usual on here think.

The rio Ferdinand 'walk through the glass' trick was the easiest stupidest trick ever. Once you realise who is in on it , it is really very simple. There were a Lot of stooges in that one.

Yes it's good theatre but it isn't good 'magic'

Well, tell us then, all-knowing one.

It's easy and simple apparently.

Spill the beans then.

Cue: silence.

The blokes who form the ring around him are all in on it as are the ' amazed ' people outside as well as the tv announcer. While he is crouched down he just crawls around the door and stands up the other side of the glass.

Watch it again and you'll see

Wind your neck in, no need to be so agressive. As I said its good theatre but it isn't good 'magic'

It's easy to say it's all camera tricks and staged or whatever - but how does he actually do all this stuff?

Anybody know - or is everybody in on the trick?

Or maybe he's bribed Rio Ferdinand et al to keep their mouths shut.

That's not going to come cheap.

I think he's much cleverer than the usual on here think.

He really isn't.

It is all props. The arm for example is a fake arm with a harness to tie around yourself which keeps you in position.

I know someone on a TV show that had him come in for an interview. He demanded that the camera's could only be on him (while doing tricks) from certain angles. It is basically the same system being used as the WWE (wrestling). Certain moves which are scripted can only be shown from a certain angle which makes it appear more real. But to the people in attendance who do not see it through a lens they can see the move is fake and does not touch the person. It is an illusion.

The difference is the people around Dynamo are in on the trick, they are actors. If you want to see just how bad it is go to 3.40 on here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SejPdHY9yVM

This is the tattoo trick. He simply wipes off foundation/paint which is used to hide the tattoo to make it look like he is changing it. The girl is then like "wow that's amazing". When she was in on it all along.

Now I don't mean to ruin the show for you as it is all meant to be harmless fun, it is meant to entertain you just like any other scripted show. But as mentioned above it isn't magic. It is staged illusion. The illusion is what makes it fun, you want to believe it really happened and that he somehow has some kind of gift. When in reality he doesn't. There are a billion videos showing how he does the tricks but I suggest you don't watch them as it will ruin the show for you.

I think he crosses a line into silly magic. Card tricks and getting coins into bottles and rings onto wine glass stems are interesting to watch, but levitating, or walking on water is just taking it too far IMO.

Agreed. I watched that walking on water one and whilst everyone else was creaming themselves I was just bored thinking "what am I supposed to be getting out of this?". We all know magic is fake, obviously it is - but it's supposed to leave you wondering HOW they did it, not thinking "Oh they had a room full of actors AGAIN".