New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

I had you down as a queue through the nighter.

I'm a rational consumer who pays as little as possible, tries to get the best value from time-restricted products and waits the least time necessary to do that.

The longest I ever queued for anything was a Tamagotchi in 1993 and that was about half an hour, Cardiff Toys R Us had about 20 in and I got one (it was a crap fad, of course, but I wanted one at the time). Some people behind me didn't get one, so I regard that as a logical and rational decision.

I've never queued for a Saints shirt behind more than about 2 people, though rationally it does actually make sense to get them as soon as possible because obviously they have a very limited shelf life. For me that usually means "in the first couple of days of release", but it's not difficult to avoid waiting for hours by just not planning to go until the crowd has died down. I don't understand the need to get it the second it comes out, when everyone knows what it looks like, wearing kit around town on non-match days is loserish anyway and one day here or there isn't going to make much difference over the course of a year.

I'm a rational consumer who pays as little as possible, tries to get the best value from time-restricted products and waits the least time necessary to do that.

The longest I ever queued for anything was a Tamagotchi in 1993 and that was about half an hour, Cardiff Toys R Us had about 20 in and I got one (it was a crap fad, of course, but I wanted one at the time). Some people behind me didn't get one, so I regard that as a logical and rational decision.

I've never queued for a Saints shirt behind more than about 2 people, though rationally it does actually make sense to get them as soon as possible because obviously they have a very limited shelf life. For me that usually means "in the first couple of days of release", but it's not difficult to avoid waiting for hours by just not planning to go until the crowd has died down. I don't understand the need to get it the second it comes out, when everyone knows what it looks like, wearing kit around town on non-match days is loserish anyway and one day here or there isn't going to make much difference over the course of a year.

So put all that in a sentence, you wait until the next day, yes?

he cant wait to get the kit. you dont post 1000s on a single subject like this. discuss the stitching, numbering and fonte and great detail not to achieve wood on a day like this

Er, you must have missed the bit where I decided not to buy it in the hope it would get us back to wearing stripes again. I may buy the shorts and/or socks or some training kit as it'll look alright with some adidas kit I already have, but I'm not buying the home shirt. Will probably get the away shirt though, depends what it looks like in the flesh.

I may tootle down there tomorrow to have a look, but that's more to satisfy my geek needs for detailed information about it than to actually buy it.

I didn't buy either of last season's shirts in the club shop and I only own one at all because a mate sold me one he won in Varsity's raffle at a discount. I didn't buy the white one even though I liked it, because it was obvious we weren't going to wear it (and because all of the different whites from all of the various add-ons looked awful).

So put all that in a sentence, you wait until the next day, yes?

Except when I'm not buying it at all, like this year.

Has anyone got a pic of a queue that actually looks like it's definitely "today", i.e. one with some of the kit and the queue in it ? The other pic is basically generic "people outside closed store" but if someone could take one of the store open and deserted it would have to have come from the first hour (and would be bloody funny).

You'll have a hard job considering it's not out yet.

They haven't even said when it will be yet either, though "first week of August" wouldn't be hugely unlikely now they've worked out that most people get paid at the end of the month.

I make that about 30 people (the queue doubles back about 8 people deep near the door where the rope is), and you can see something resembling the new kit hanging up - though we did have a red training top with white sleeves back in the FP days so I'm still not 100% that pic is current. It probably is, but I have a degree of scepticism about it.

I see a new video, there are a fair few more there and it's definitely current as there are people wearing last season's shirt in the queue : just about out the door (with the large gaps in the queue taken into consideration).

Couple of hundred is about right.

Edited by The9

I make that about 30 people (the queue doubles back about 8 people deep near the door where the rope is), and you can see something resembling the new kit hanging up - though we did have a red training top with white sleeves back in the FP days so I'm still not 100% that pic is current. It probably is, but I have a degree of scepticism about it.

http://pic.twitter.com/pCm6OoZbap

"Worth the two hour wait" - Really?

He could have waited until tomorrow and stroll into the shop and get it with no waiting. Even later this afternoon the queue will disappear.

Do you honestly think there isn't a single person alive that doesn't know that ?

Daren Wheeler just posted on FB that the queue is "30 people, max" as of 2 minutes ago. Sounds like the fans are voting with their feet/wallets/hangovers.

The shirt looks pretty ill-fitting if you ask me. Quite long and all baggy on the arms.

£50 for that is appalling if you ask me.

The one on the mannequin in the video looks absolutely awful. My adidas Team GB shirt is an XL and it's a tent.

I'm still amazed that after getting their name still on the shirt, aap3 signed off that awful, barely legible, gold advert. You can't even see it from some angles. On the bright side, the colour match for the gold is much better than the yellowy-looking aap3 they had on the leak photos and photoshops.

£45 for a Bristol City(identical design) shirt.

just back in the car. Kit looks better in real life IMO

asked the person serving me how many sold and they said more than the first morning last season.

no doubt that will get dismissed but hey ho

as for your comment above. buy the brizzle shirt then

Yesterday order the £17.99 version on-line...will be with me in 3 days. A colour iron-on emblem - i.e. a proper Saints one - will be added at little cost possibly. Spent much less and don't have a sponsor name - fantastic. Mugs for spending £45-£50.

just back in the car. Kit looks better in real life IMO

asked the person serving me how many sold and they said more than the first morning last season.

no doubt that will get dismissed but hey ho

as for your comment above. buy the brizzle shirt then

Of course they did.

Its sh*t, but thank f**k the numbering and name is white. But emphasises how sh*t the gold print on the front is.