New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

For years people complained about us bot having branded kits. Then we get one, are given templates to choose from, and then people complain.

We were never going to get a kit designed just for us by Adidas. That's the crux of it.

Right so now we've been on both sides of the divide, not having a branded kit seems the lesser of 2 evils.

When we manufactured our own, not only were they cheaper but the designs were more innovative.

Right so now we've been on both sides of the divide, not having a branded kit seems the lesser of 2 evils.

When we manufactured our own, not only were they cheaper but the designs were more innovative.

yeah, the kit we made ourselves that was almost identical (including sponsor) to exeter was for more unique

For years people complained about us bot having branded kits. Then we get one, are given templates to choose from, and then people complain.

We were never going to get a kit designed just for us by Adidas. That's the crux of it.

Who complained? Fans simply expect a good looking kit and history and tradition to be honoured, Cortese its obvious does not respect this as its now his watch and not the club, board or fans.

Bring back our stripes Cortese you bellend.

I remember many of the same posters, saying how they hated the kit, last year, then after a few games, stating that it has grown on them. Give it time my precious little angry heads, it's only a shirt at the end of the day, I have visions of a few on here, sat all red faced, punching the wall. Amusing really!

Who complained? Fans simply expect a good looking kit and history and tradition to be honoured, Cortese its obvious does not respect this as its now his watch and not the club, board or fans.

Bring back our stripes Cortese you bellend.

To be fair BS that wasn't aimed at your because you'd complain whatever happened, it's your raison d'etre.

You'll get over it.

I remember many of the same posters, saying how they hated the kit, last year, then after a few games, stating that it has grown on them. Give it time my precious little angry heads, it's only a shirt at the end of the day, I have visions of a few on here, sat all red faced, punching the wall. Amusing really!

Damnation .... I've left my web cam on again.

So the majority of fans have disliked the kit over the last two seasons, thats tells you a picture of how the club is going dont you think?

Tradition and history have gone out the window, they were very aware of how we felt about the kit and have completely ignored their customers, ****ing great that.

Very poor effort.

Limited effort in design, limited reference to history andtradition.

The sneaked picture looked like something that would beknocked out on the cheap in a market in Thailand and the real McCoy isn’t muchdifferent.

Of course it isn't different. The leaked one is/was the real one!

Well it may have been but it was far better and it had tradtion, so to be fair your point is not valid.

I agree that we are generally red and white stripes. but clearly (as the 80s and other mini eras show) not exclusively

I agree, last years was worst but people seemed to not care so much once the season kicked off. The same will happen this year.

Two years of not listening? Sales will be poor and they will have to listen fans not for caring for their concerns but for the simple issue of business.

I used to complain that premier League football was becoming an international competition between foreign-owned football team playing in the names of, and in the colours of, what use to be English Football Clubs. You can strike out the colours now, for us only the name remains. After more than half a century supporting the Saints I'm worried that my allegiance will start to erode if connections to the City and connections to the past disappear. It is a worry that we seem to be on that road.

If the fans had been asked for an opinion on the shirts there is no doubt what the answer would have been, which of course the management well knew, with the result that fans were not asked and instead they try to brainwash fans into buying this outfit by saying what a wonderful shirt this is. So is Arsenal's, but I don't support Arsenal.

BTW glad to see the new shirt is 3D. I remember the old days of 2D shirts and they were very difficult to put on.

Two years of not listening? Sales will be poor and they will have to listen fans not for caring for their concerns but for the simple issue of business.

Shirt sales are an insignificant revenue stream in comparision to TV money. If we sold 15K at £50, that turns over £750K not even enough to grease the palms of Wanyama's agent.

I agree, last years was worst but people seemed to not care so much once the season kicked off. The same will happen this year.

I doubt they'll care less Diggers. Just that there will plenty more to talk about when the season gets underway.

I still find last year's kit as hopeless as when I first saw it. I imagine it will be the same with this one. At the moment it is the main talking point, it will naturally get masked by more relevant points as the season progresses.

No stripes

No black shorts

Off the shelf template

Identical to Bristol City's

And of course...over priced

It's not really Saints as tradition would have it but that seems to be the future !

Shame, but nobody listens to the fans in this new corporate age. Love it or hate it , it's what our leader wants so....tough.

Will we ever wear stripes again ?

Retro shirts an appealing option... I'm sure there's a box in the loft !!!

or one of these fellas...

http://www.clublinefootball.com/adidas_campeon_13_short_sleeve_football_shirt_red_white

http://www.clublinefootball.com/adidas_stricon_red_white

Maybe buying and wearing those to games would register disapproval in a polite and elegant manner.

I dont particularly hate it but i have to say it amazes me that they were unable judge the mood of the fans and come up with something a little more creative.

In fact its clear that absolutly noone within the club has got any balls and when showed the design said "Nicola if i was to be totally honest its bit crap and the fans will cause a fuss. In fact you could score some easy kudos with the clubs fans by ordering adidas to designa bespoke stripey shirt."

Anyone from saints reading this post. Feck me your really are all a bunch of spineless to55ers and need to occasionally stand up to the boss with your views.

I doubt they'll care less Diggers. Just that there will plenty more to talk about when the season gets underway.

I still find last year's kit as hopeless as when I first saw it. I imagine it will be the same with this one. At the moment it is the main talking point, it will naturally get masked by more relevant points as the season progresses.

The relevance of a football club not listening to the vast majority of the fans is galling and can not be masked over by the banker.

In fact its clear that absolutly noone within the club has got any balls and when showed the design said "Nicola if i was to be totally honest its bit crap and the fans will cause a fuss. In fact you could score some easy kudos with the clubs fans by ordering adidas to designa bespoke stripey shirt."

Worrying really that no-one at the club is sufficiently in touch with the fans to know the majority wouldn't like it. And that historically we've played in red and white stripes for a number of years. If we were going to change for good I'd rather go back to the white with red sash kit!

Worrying really that no-one at the club is sufficiently in touch with the fans to know the majority wouldn't like it. And that historically we've played in red and white stripes for a number of years. If we were going to change for good I'd rather go back to the white with red sash kit!

Oh I think there are plenty who knew how this would go down; simply that its an edict right from the top that stripes are likely to be a thing of the past.

The relevance of a football club not listening to the vast majority of the fans is galling and can not be masked over by the banker.

No kit would get a 100% approval.

In all likelihood if you, or Alps, were allowed to design a kit you would probably still moan at your own design and label it a disgrace!

Quite a few people like it, quite few indifferent. I would prefer this to a "traditional" striped kit.

What you don't know are the financial and image benefits of the link with adidas and then the design options allowed.

Calm down its only the players' clothes, you won't give it a second thought when watching a game