New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

No kit would get a 100% approval.

In all likelihood if you, or Alps, were allowed to design a kit you would probably still moan at your own design and label it a disgrace!

Quite a few people like it, quite few indifferent. I would prefer this to a "traditional" striped kit.

What you don't know are the financial and image benefits of the link with adidas and then the design options allowed.

Calm down its only the players' clothes, you won't give it a second thought when watching a game

Dont be so bloody stupid.

In all likelihood if you, or Alps, were allowed to design a kit you would probably still moan at your own design and label it a disgrace!

Quite a few people like it, quite few indifferent. I would prefer this to a "traditional" striped kit.

What you don't know are the financial and image benefits of the link with adidas and then the design options allowed.

Calm down its only the players' clothes, you won't give it a second thought when watching a game

This is true, but you could probably manage to get something that does better then an 18% approval rate. (Like it will buy + like it won't buy)

Yes, a fair few people like it. But 18%, regardless of the number of people who make up that proportion, is a serious minority.

That only 15% are down as 'don't cares' also shows that this is something that does matter to the average fan.

It's the players sayin "we are all in the wrong kit" bear. They just cut the last bit out cause Fox was trying to get in on the photo.

don't jokes tokyos i am very angar bout this! I want to know why we is "all in" FFS!

I realise that if the Club had produced a shirt with the picture of a Dog Turd on the front NickG would have loved it as he's somewhat blind to any failings at SFC, but the fact that this been shown to be an Adidas 'off-the-peg' kit and not a design especially for Southampton rather undermines the suggestion that there were any design options at all.

I used to complain that premier League football was becoming an international competition between foreign-owned football team playing in the names of, and in the colours of, what use to be English Football Clubs. You can strike out the colours now, for us only the name remains. After more than half a century supporting the Saints I'm worried that my allegiance will start to erode if connections to the City and connections to the past disappear. It is a worry that we seem to be on that road..

Spot on. People just don't get it, saying it's "just a shirt." Well it may be, but it's not going to stop here. We've already needlessly changed our kit, we've now changed our badge for absolutely no reason. Next we could sell the stadium naming rights, change the colour of the kit completely, change the name of the club. Where do you draw the line? "It's only a stadium. It's only a name. It's only a colour."

I doubt they'll care less Diggers. Just that there will plenty more to talk about when the season gets underway.

I still find last year's kit as hopeless as when I first saw it. I imagine it will be the same with this one. At the moment it is the main talking point, it will naturally get masked by more relevant points as the season progresses.

Last years kit grow on me a little but still pretty budget looking, the cut of it looked like a 1.99 primark v-neck T. In terms of quality, I think this one is a better.

You are right though, more noise about it now as there is not much else to talk about.

Have they only got one Fukin person working on designs or something? Why so many of the same templates? The shirts are massively overpriced anyway, is it so important to drive down costs to the absolute nth degree?

Not really profitable to spend too much time and effort doing unique designs for teams the size of saints. We are not even in Sports Direct FFS.

Spot on. People just don't get it, saying it's "just a shirt." Well it may be, but it's not going to stop here. We've already needlessly changed our kit, we've now changed our badge for absolutely no reason. Next we could sell the stadium naming rights, change the colour of the kit completely, change the name of the club. Where do you draw the line? "It's only a stadium. It's only a name. It's only a colour."

The Stadium has already been called the Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium anyway so wouldnt be bothered if it was sponsored again, it would still be refered to as St Mary's.

Badge colour has changed, hardly crime of the century.

don't jokes tokyos i am very angar bout this! I want to know why we is "all in" FFS!

You're angry bear? Think about the poor Middlesbrough supporters! They are missing a kit. I heard they might have to play in stripes next year cause of this admin mix up.

Worrying really that no-one at the club is sufficiently in touch with the fans to know the majority wouldn't like it. And that historically we've played in red and white stripes for a number of years. If we were going to change for good I'd rather go back to the white with red sash kit!

Completely agree.

The Stadium has already been called the Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium anyway so wouldnt be bothered if it was sponsored again, it would still be refered to as St Mary's.

Badge colour has changed, hardly crime of the century.

Why has it changed? Have we won something? It ******** and has nothing to do with us.

So £50 for an adult shirt when it's already been established that basic shirt template can be purchased for £17.99. Wonderful !

Would be brilliant if the fans boycott did this IMO, Bay a load from there at £17.99 so they were still in the "same" kit as the team on a match day. Then those who "buy a kit" to follow the sheep-like mentality of typical football fans can't complain and the club has shocking replica shirt sales

Then something would be put in the pipeline to correct this season's hideousness. I only got the white kit last year because I liked it, and even this season, I'm seriously not bothered at all with the away kit. So I'll be keeping my £40 (oops typo, £50) to myself.

Shocking price, for a shocking kit.

Don't like it. Not that fussed about kits tbh, but would like to see the old stripes back. Gold lettering looks like it's advertising a cheap chinese takeaway, still i s'pose it'll still sell like hotcakes, especially when the nippers but parents under some emotional blackmail, despite all football shirts being a total rip off.

Would be brilliant if the fans boycott did this IMO, Bay a load from there at £17.99 so they were still in the "same" kit as the team on a match day. Then those who "buy a kit" to follow the sheep-like mentality of typical football fans can't complain and the club has shocking replica shirt sales

Then something would be put in the pipeline to correct this season's hideousness. I only got the white kit last year because I liked it, and even this season, I'm seriously not bothered at all with the away kit. So I'll be keeping my £40 (oops typo, £50) to myself.

Shocking price, for a shocking kit.

Agree and it's probably made in Indonesia where they outsource a lot of their gear in their cheap sweatshops.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

at the end of the day it would be more interesting to see if it is being made in sweatshops in Asia by children. That would be more to moan about if it is the case

The Adidas compliance unit is very strong (I have dealt with them !) so it is highly unlikely that kids would be involved, also the standard of factories in Asia these days is pretty high, in many cases much better than those in Europe (the few that are left, that is) !

Putting that aside, the ex-factory cost of these shirts will be less than a fiver !

Love it how people who like the kit are being made out as sheep. Dicks.

not necessarily, you've read my post completely between the lines

I've just alluded to the "sheep-like mentality" that some people follow "Ooooh, new kit, Its horrible, but I'll but it anyway, I have to fit in"

Seriously, how many people do you know that ACTUALLY do this? I know I have in the past when I was a little younger, but I'm a saints fan, and I want to see my team in stripes. Some people don't have the mental strength to sway away from that mentality

Pretty sure Adidas set the prices btw.

I'm not really bothered, it looks a lot better than the leaked pics and I think I might buy an away one.

It's just a same that Adidas just do all these templates now, it;s been picked up by a lot of the other Adidas clubs. Maybe club execs will start having a word with Adidas for future kits and we'll see them design a few more bespoke ones like Nike do, otherwise they might loose a few contracts.

Pretty sure Adidas set the prices btw.

I'm not really bothered, it looks a lot better than the leaked pics and I think I might buy an away one.

It's just a same that Adidas just do all these templates now, it;s been picked up by a lot of the other Adidas clubs. Maybe club execs will start having a word with Adidas for future kits and we'll see them design a few more bespoke ones like Nike do, otherwise they might loose a few contracts.

You only have to look at the Athletic Madrid or Bilboa kits to know they can do this, they didn't want to, either a drop in history or they think this is good, either way they should walk.

Exactly why this mboard is not a true reflection of all saints fans because on this reckoning their going to sell about 10 shirts.

Can't see what all the fuss is about tbh looks alright -miles better than last seasons imo.

Mr Speed Demon I was going to say something but nevermind........................

£50 for a shirt with an ironed on badge that will come off in the wash, bunch of bandits! Can't stand the home kit as I really wanted the stripes back this year, or at the very least the reverse of the Ajax kit. The away is better, but am not keen on the bloody great V on it. Will wait and see whether they make a decent training kit, before I part with any cash, otherwise i'll happily continue to wear my Umbro Flybe training fleece to matches!

I would hope not, you've already posted about a zillion repetitive, boring, and trolling posts on this thread, give it a rest ffs.............

Only to counter the happy clappy sandal wearing we are signing Navas, Wanyama, and whoever is awesome from La Liga or wherever bellends blindly following yet another Southampton dictatorship.

Suppose we can't increase the the size of the stadium because of the traffic?

What if there isn't a suitable site in Southampton ?

What if there isn't a suitable site in Hampshire ?

What if there isn't a suitable site within a 100miles.

What affinity do we have with Southampton?

We don't support the local paper

Some of our past players are given little respect

We've kicked out the old programme seller without putting anything else in his place.

We don't get on with the cricket club

We don't even play in red & white stripes ffs

Lets move to Bristol or South London or Kent

A few things. 1st off, Umbro used templates just as adidas have done. Don't forget our 1st Umbro striped kit was the same design as hull city & last was Bilbao but with the colours reversed. The sash from what I can see was totally bespoke (happy to be proved wrong, & no that team wear kit is not even close). With great history & no sponsor is a timeless classic and sold to people who would not normally buy one. Also we were in the 3rd tier.

Last years kit was also a template although I can't remember what team had.... It was an away kit.

Worth noting that adidas has given us at least 3 subtle changes on the tiro 13. Bespoke gold stitching (which I like), no middle seam across the chest, and cut off the white bat wings on the ribs. Other than that it is the there or there or thereabouts same as swansea and Bristol city.

IMO adidas are not giving enough attention to the bpl clubs other than Chelsea and west ham (which are best of bunch). said it before, but adidas do a great job on this side of the ocean in the mls. A lot more personalized and different templates and designs. All teams also get an originals line which is sweet.

Overall think home is ok, biggest complaint is again not very saints like, which is impossible to disagree with. That said I am sure it will grow as the season progresses.

Away shirt I like, despite being a standard template other than the silver. Wish prem had silver numbers but white is ok. At 50 quid overpriced but got a sale hear. Like the shorts too. Gk kits are v smart.

Back to stripes next year or xerox please!

Suppose we can't increase the the size of the stadium because of the traffic?

What if there isn't a suitable site in Southampton ?

What if there isn't a suitable site in Hampshire ?

What if there isn't a suitable site within a 100miles.

What affinity do we have with Southampton?

We don't support the local paper

Some of our past players are given little respect

We've kicked out the old programme seller without putting anything else in his place.

We don't get on with the cricket club

We don't even play in red & white stripes ffs

Lets move to Bristol or South London or Kent

Chill out pal