New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Despite starting the #saveourstripes campaign... yes I will be buying it.

I collect the shirts, I will continue the collection. It will no doubt be nice to wear and be reasonably made.... but it is not a 'Southampton' kit.

It's horrible.

I'll not buy but my son's might get it.

That said if we go back to black shorts it might bring it round. If we'd had black shorts last year it works have offset the mainly red top, imo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Despite starting the #saveourstripes campaign... yes I will be buying it.

I collect the shirts, I will continue the collection. It will no doubt be nice to wear and be reasonably made.... but it is not a 'Southampton' kit.

seriously?

then what is the point in your campaign.?

we will resturn to stripes one day. not like we have no deviated away from them before. we had stripes last year (sort off) so, this will be season 1 of a solid red kit.

seriously?

then what is the point in your campaign.?

we will resturn to stripes one day. not like we have no deviated away from them before. we had stripes last year (sort off) so, this will be season 1 of a solid red kit.

Because I want us to be in stripes. Not solid red. - It is clear I am not alone in that desire.

I don't want to damage the club in any way and I will not damage my own habits because of it but I want to see us back in stripes.

Because I want us to be in stripes. Not solid red.

I don't want to damage the club in any way and I will not damage my own habits because of it but I want to see us back in stripes.

if you want it that much and it means that much to you. you will do everything to convince the club to change.

the one thing that will talk is ££££££. if no one bought the kit and it was crytsal that stripes are what is wanted. you can bet they will be back next season

the more people buy the kit the more nothing will change (not saying they never will, mind)

have courage of your convictions rather than a gesture

Because I want us to be in stripes. Not solid red.

So what you're saying is that you're the perfect marketing guinea pig who will buy absolutely any old **** the club decide to throw your way? Brilliant. What was the point in your "campaign" when you're not even going to stand by your own convictions when it comes to actually standing up for your opinion?

Not buying a £42 shirt is not going to damage the club when it will be bringing in more than £60m in broadcast and prize money next season, along with around £15m in gate receipts.

So what you're saying is that you're the perfect marketing guinea pig who will buy absolutely any old **** the club decide to throw your way? Brilliant. What was the point in your "campaign" when you're not even going to stand by your own convictions when it comes to actually standing up for your opinion?

Not buying a £42 shirt is not going to damage the club when it will be bringing in more than £60m in broadcast and prize money next season, along with around £15m in gate receipts.

totally agree.

I dont mind the shirt. I dont mind pretty much most designs as long as our colours are red and/or white.

I dont get the fuss that people make

but if people want to boycott to enforce change, then fair enough.

but if they feel passionately about it. I will admire them if they stick to it. not buckle after 3 days of a SAVEOURSTRIPES campaign

I really don't understand anyone who would buy just anything because It's got a Saints badge on it.

I won't be buying it, because I want to see us back in stripes. I don't buy kits regularly but I buy it if I can afford it at the time and if I really like it. I'll wait until next years striped kit (I can hope)

Equally one sale will not make a difference either.

I dislike the design, but I will buy the shirt. I've always been upfront about that. I collect them for heaven's sake!! It will however always be my absolute preference and desire for the team and club I support to play in red and white stripes. That conviction will not change. That is why I started the campaign.

I completely understand the apparent contradiction..... respectfully though it's my own business what I do with my money. :p I hope next year to be spending it on a red and white striped home shirt.

Edited by Colinjb

I really don't understand anyone who would buy just anything because It's got a Saints badge on it.

I won't be buying it, because I want to see us back in stripes. I don't buy kits regularly but I buy it if I can afford it at the time and if I really like it. I'll wait until next years striped kit (I can hope)

Because some people would buy a lump of dog sh*t of it had an SfC badge on it. Football consumers.

respectfully though it's my own business what I do with my money. :p

It is, but you end up looking a bit ****ing silly if you start a "Save our Stripes" campaign only to end up wilfully parting with your cash for a shirt that clearly contradicts your campaign.

It is, but you end up looking a bit ****ing silly if you start a "Save our Stripes" campaign only to end up wilfully parting with your cash for a shirt that clearly contradicts your campaign.

The campaign is for a return to stripes. Not to boycott the club merchandise or damage the club in any way.

If people want to avoid buying the shirt to back up their point, I totally understand.

The campaign is for a return to stripes. Not to boycott the club merchandise.

do you think they will return to stripes against (who evers) their will. if this kit, for example was actually one of the most profitable kits ever?

that will tell the club that the design was right and for more £££, they will continue down that path for a while.

money talks, no doubt stripes will return soon enough when they cant flog an all red design much more

Equally one sale will not make a difference either.

Which is probably what a large percentage of the fanbase will think, right before flocking to buy it. Initial outrage will just as predictably be followed by a mass of shirt sales.

For the record I'm quite keen on it.

do you think they will return to stripes against (who evers) their will. if this kit, for example was actually one of the most profitable kits ever?

that will tell the club that the design was right and for more £££, they will continue down that path for a while.

money talks, no doubt stripes will return soon enough when they cant flog an all red design much more

Yes, I totally understand the logic in what you say, less sales = commercial pressure on the club.

It is not my desire though to damage the club, just see the stripes return and hopefully highlight the issue to those that care.

I'd rather Snickers went back to being called Marathon bars but it doesn't stop me eating Snickers.

(Said Trousers plucking a potentially poor analogy from the air)

Yes, I totally understand the logic in what you say, less sales = commercial pressure on the club.

It is not my desire though to damage the club, just see the stripes return and hopefully highlight the issue to those that care.

well, dont expect to be taken seriously in your save our stripes campaign

I really can't get myself worked up over a football shirt. Doesn't really worry me what the team play in and not a fan of stripes. As to whether I'd buy it, I would NEVER buy ANYTHING I didn't like just to follow the herd. So irrespective of who or what it represents, do I like it from a style and design point of view? Simple answer. NO.

How would you be damaging the club? Surely by helping them to return to a more popular shirt you will be doing the exact opposite in the long term?

How would you be damaging the club? Surely by helping them to return to a more popular shirt you will be doing the exact opposite in the long term?

There are arguments for and against both courses of action.

It's not for me to say how people should protest... I just wanted to start a group exclaiming a desire for the club to return to red and white stripes. It turns out that currently close to 200 people agree with me and have joined.

I wanted to highlight the issue. As things stand, it's working, albeit in a small way.

:facepalm:

Shirt sales make up such a small proportion of the club's revenue that buying the shirt doesn't really make much difference other than adding to a number that Pravda can then trot out and say "it was our best/fastest selling shirt of all time". However, because of the way these things tend to work, it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on those lower down the food chain but still in decision-making positions at the club if a particular shirt sold really badly in comparison to the previous one.

Not buying the shirt if you want change can make a difference, it just requires other people to do likewise, which is the main problem due to the sheep-like mentality of football fans.