New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

I can't post the picture but there is a leak of the new kit on the Southampton FC facebook group. Much happier with it than the pictures above. Can someone go on and upload the picture as I am unable to?

Which one is the official one?

I can't post the picture but there is a leak of the new kit on the Southampton FC facebook group. Much happier with it than the pictures above. Can someone go on and upload the picture as I am unable to?

Not an official Facebook page, nor does it even vaguely resemble any of the decently-sourced rumours.

Though it's not standard red and white stripes it is still white with two big fat red stripes down it - with black shorts and white/red socks it would look 'Southampton'.

The actual kit looks more like Arsenal to me.

No, not the official page. But its a lot better than the red shirt with gold writing so I am pinning my hopes on it being an accurate leak.

Unfortunately, that first appeared on another thread on here a few months ago. It was a speculative design.

Whilst I usually like to wear my colours and pin them to the mast - I guess I will be wearing mostly old stripey shirts. Not concerned about having a new kit every season, and least of all wearing Adidas shirts or trainers or shorts!

Even the last stripey shirt looked like Sunderlands!

We may look like this seasons Bristol City, and Arsenal of yesteryear - our tradition is stripes, but the club seem against sticking with tradition.

The next step will be to move to blue and pretend that we are not trying to look like that successful club down the M27 towards the East!

Anyone else think that there is an Adidas price tag and not a Saints related tag odd ?

I think it is an Arsenal "look alike" shirt, just like the Liverpool "look alike" one last season.

I'll still be wearing my (old) but Saints STRIPES one, and I would urge EVERY Saints fan to show their displeasure, by wearing SAINTS STRIPES at every home match

Edited by SaintRichmond
spelling

So this is what the new home shirt will look like...

Kl1AVSB.jpg

What do you think? Do you like it? If not, will you still buy it anyway?

What I think is;

* Someone bought a standard Adidas shirt

* They then took a photo of it

* And they photoshopped on the rest

The saints crest is clearly wonky, the sides have clearly been coloured in and the sponsor is creased? That doesn't happen, just look at the Blackthorn logo on the Bristol shirt.

I'm not saying this isn't the final design, but this definitely isn't real.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What I think is;

* Someone bought a standard Adidas shirt

* They then took a photo of it

* And they photoshopped on the rest

The saints crest is clearly wonky, the sides have clearly been coloured in and the sponsor is creased? That doesn't happen, just look at the Blackthorn logo on the Bristol shirt.

I'm not saying this isn't the final design, but this definitely isn't real.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Think those bits are a slightly different material under the arms? The breathable material? So may explain the slightly different red. And I think the sponsor as it appears on there could well crease. It's not a block of plastic, but individually carved out letters. I dunno.

I hope it's fake because I was hoping for quality stripes like Atletico's. And yes, before someone tells me, I'm fully aware about the history of their kits, I mean a kit like their current design. That's what I'd like. But this looks real to me.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/10513217.New_Saints_kit_rumours_spread

Saints fans have been speculating over this season’s new home kit after images of a possible strip were posted online.

Rumours swept across the internet after social network users started to share a supposed picture of the new home shirt, with the image then posted on the popular Saints Web forum.

wave-smiley.gif

If this is real, shouldn't it have the PL crest on the sleeves?

It does on the header picture on the save our stripes facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saveourstripes/

However, there are also white triangles under the armpits in that photo which aren't in the one above, and there seems to be a lot more white on the sleeves than in the one above.

It does on the header picture on the save our stripes facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saveourstripes/

However, there are also white triangles under the armpits in that photo which aren't in the one above, and there seems to be a lot more white on the sleeves than in the one above.

The one in the Save our Stripes header was simply a grab of one of The9's early kit mock ups based on early information leaks.

I may well change that.

I bet a great deal of the initial outrage and claims of "i will never buy that" are broken during the season.

much like the outrage when adkins was sacked. many claimed they would not go again. or they were 'done' with SFC. But we all still go etc

Why is the Adidas logo clear and easy to read and the saints crest pixelated and blurred?

I really hope these aren't the kits. They're cheap and tacky. Our promotion season kit was the bet we had for ages.

Yeh, the black one is clearly photoshopped, which leads me to hope these are both wrong.

Although the black one is actually quite nice!

Yeh, the black one is clearly photoshopped, which leads me to hope these are both wrong.

Although the black one is actually quite nice!

I agree that the colours are nice on the away one, I just can't stand that big white bit on the armpit. Really ugly.